Discord
Arrow IoW Discord Server

Server Monitor

Searching

Advanced Search

Style Select
Script by webmedic, v1.0.5

security

phpBB Security ©  Has Blocked 2,348 Exploit Attempts.

Something fun to consider for Friday frag fests....

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
Poll :: Add baserace as rotation loadable by ref

Yes, add ability for ref to load baserace!
88%
 88%  [ 16 ]
No, I'm afraid of baserace and not willing to even consider this
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Voted : 18
Total Votes : 18

BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:15 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

ok - a few new special sound effects too then Wink

El Presidente
El Presidente
102938 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:45 pm   Post subject:  Re: Something fun to consider for Friday frag fests.... Back to top 

dont forget all sounds have to follow a specific format

Download Post  No rating  
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:53 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

yup, i know Wink

IoW Regular
10684 Points

USA US New Hampshire
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:55 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

This sounds like a great addition. I might have to turn my h4x on and play against you guys Smile I did load up bobots a few days ago in my study group xP So... I might have to get it running up to date and get a good spanking in. Very Happy Maybe if I enjoy it enough I'll bring out the whips and chains.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Made this one for fun Very Happy
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Download Post  No rating  
JvIasterMind
Retired
Retired
55792 Points

USA US Minnesota
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:09 pm   Post subject:  Re: Something fun to consider for Friday frag fests.... Back to top 

Well, if it is easy to add maps, why not just put a whole custom map rotation that the refs can enable. I am thinking Frostbite, Adlernest, TC_Base, Baserace, and maybe ET_Ice. This way on Fridays, we could really get some variety in.

I know I have been asked quite a few times about at least Frostbite. Very Happy

What do you guys think?

Download Post  No rating  
Mario
Retired
Retired
23268 Points

Canada CA Quebec
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:29 pm   Post subject:  Re: Something fun to consider for Friday frag fests.... Back to top 

I'm agree with JvIastermind....a custom map rotation sounds good for me too.
Map like frostbite, tc_base, dubrovnik, venice, etc..... will be fun.

Woot

Retired
Retired
62486 Points

Poland US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:35 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

i think that would be good, we can /callvote poll to see if people want a specific map, since we know must people that play on our server on fridays it wouldnt be a big deal

then a ref can load the map

El Presidente
102938 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:45 am   Post subject:  Re: Something fun to consider for Friday frag fests.... Back to top 

To be honest - i dont like the direction this thread is going.

After struggling through the past year, trying custom maps, changing things up abit etc..

We are just now - finally starting to grow a pub player base back. We are seeing new faces coming in the server. they have done their downloads and expect to be able to connect without having to wait.

Now everyone is talking about changing that up again. Making lots of changes in the "format" helped to lead to our decline to begin with.

I know people get tired of the same "maps" sometimes - but my vote is to keep it the same, and not be changing it up - especially on our busiest days.

Choose another night that isnt usually populated for custom maps. or put a custom rotation ont he other server and we can turn that one on 1 night a week - excluding on fridays.

If we do go through with this chang eup, and the player base drops back down again. I dont think i will have the will to put time into trying to bring the servers back around again.

Download Post  No rating  
JvIasterMind
Retired
Retired
55792 Points

USA US Minnesota
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:19 pm   Post subject:  Re: Something fun to consider for Friday frag fests.... Back to top 

Well, there is always the other server for custom maps on when the main one gets more populated Smile.

Nort is right. Lets keep the server the way it is so we can grow a good player base.

I have a question though... Why is there Supply depot in the standard rotation? I know it is a great map, but could that be losing us some of the newer players that want to find a server to call home?

It seems a lot of the popular servers run either all standard maps or all custom maps.

It seems odd to only have one custom map. This is also the reason that people keep asking about other custom maps such as Frostbite.

Download Post  No rating  
Nort
El Presidente
El Presidente
102938 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:52 pm   Post subject:  Re: Something fun to consider for Friday frag fests.... Back to top 

that map in particular is pretty much a "standard" map anymore. 98% of the player population has that map

Download Post  No rating  
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:01 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

WE did this thing last year (last 18 months actually) where we put on custom in per month, that is how SD became standard. But we had Frost, ET_beach and a few others that made a cameo with the standard 6.

We also tried having a server dedicated to just customs - didn't work - best I think we had was like a 3v3 for one map, it was never populated. Best we could do is, get everyone who is on the pub to leave and re-connect to the custom server to do something different.

I like all the stocks - I just like a lot of customs too, and it would be nice to play some of them again. But I would never support this if it meant that we'd hurt our current server at all.

Retired
Retired
55792 Points

USA US Minnesota
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:07 pm   Post subject:  Re: Something fun to consider for Friday frag fests.... Back to top 

Nort wrote (View Post): › that map in particular is pretty much a "standard" map anymore. 98% of the player population has that map

I would imagine that Frostbite would also be "standard" then? Maybe we could think about adding that to the standard rotation?

I think Frostbite would be a great addition because it is a great map for a low amount of players. And I know quite a few people already asked me about it.

Download Post  No rating  
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:26 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Frostbite was overall a big disaster when we had it (for a few months) honestly -- What happened almost every time, allies rush docs and transmit them in the first 2 minutes of the map. No teamwork, really, really gay...

I think the best course of action might be to just fill the secondary box with nothing but customs at this point - at least 5 or 6 of them in a rotation. Then when we all get tired of playing the stocks on Friday's or whenever, we can move over to the customs server for something different.

Depot has been a part of our rotation for well over a year - I think it has been established as a permanent addition IMO.

When I first started playing at IoW - back in 2005 - Baserace was part of the standard rotation --- LOVED it -- longing for those days again, that's all. And I'm only suggesting we put it as an admin-only loadable map.

Retired
Retired
62486 Points

Poland US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:24 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I LOVE BASERACE, just not too much of it

BUT BASERACE PLZZ

new version plz

10684 Points

USA US New Hampshire
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:15 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Yeah I'm not up for downloading all of the maps again but I wouldn't mind getting the stock and baserace. I loved baserace and am willing to leave my comp on one night dedicated to it xP

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Made this one for fun Very Happy
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Download Post  No rating  

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic