Discord
Arrow IoW Discord Server

Server Monitor

Searching

Advanced Search

Style Select
Script by webmedic, v1.0.5

security

phpBB Security ©  Has Blocked 2,348 Exploit Attempts.

bring back old skool iow??

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
Poll :: Should the <IoW> pub server go back to our "old school" settings?

yes, lets get iow rolling again!
86%
 86%  [ 13 ]
maybe, i wasn't here for old skool settings...
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
no, this way is the best of all and lets keep changing stuff around until no1 knows us anymore!
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Voted : 15
Total Votes : 15

cheezeduck
IoW Regular
7145 Points

Canada CA Alberta
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:57 pm   Post subject:  bring back old skool iow?? Back to top 

ok guys, this poll is to see how many of us would like to bring back the OLD SCHOOL iow settings, alot of you prolly won't remember them cause they are from like 3 years ago...but lets just see. this means that EVERYTHING goes back to our old skool ways, crouch hax...everything. EXCEPT!! i can agree with letting us change SOME of the maps...i mean the settings themselves go back. if this passes and everything changes back, i will personally go on as many et clan sites and forums as i can find and post that "we are back with the old school ways and for everyone to come on and play like the good old days." remember guys...these settings cause us to ALWAYS have a full server and no complaints...this was the height of iow when we had these.

PLZ POST ABOUT THE SITUATION GUYS SO WE KNOW WAT U THINK!!! THX MUCH.

Noob
205 Points

USA US Maryland
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:34 pm   Post subject:  Re: bring back old skool iow?? Back to top 

I remember some of the earlier settings. I'm not sure that going back to them is what will make the server more popular and full. The game is less popular as it is older. The fact that the server has the hold maps is what has kept me coming back. The new IP and stable server is what will bring people back. I'm not sure that the server traffic will rebound. I suppose trying to get some of the older players back to populate would be a good idea too Very Happy Wink

Download Post  No rating  
cheezeduck
IoW Regular
7145 Points

Canada CA Alberta
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:23 pm   Post subject:  Re: bring back old skool iow?? Back to top 

i completely agree with you on keeping the ip cause it's got a more stable ping right now...however i still say go back to the old settings. i don't believe u around back when our server was constantly full and u needed a password just to get in a few times because thr were no slots open and thr was like never any specs. the hitboxes and everything made the game a challenge which is y we had all the beta players and stuff on our server...thr was no changes like ever except for crouch hax...but as i said, i strongly feel like going back to old skool iow ways and then letting others know that we are back in our old style will 100% reboot our server.

Retired
Retired
102492 Points

Estonia
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:30 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

speaking of older players, i saw engine last night and i asked him when was the last time he had played on the iow server, he said he was banned because of l33t hax.

Download Post  No rating  
StEVoNuB420
Retired
Retired
52130 Points

USA US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:46 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

HE was banned for l33t assholeness. Talking shit about server/members.

9964 Points

Canada CA Ontario
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:28 am   Post subject:  Re: bring back old skool iow?? Back to top 

Your poll is biased.

Changing all the shit back would mean the older version of pub. If you guys do actually still have regulars, you would lose them all, because they would still be playing the newest version of pub.

Retired
Retired
102492 Points

Estonia
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:47 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

ahh k stevo. i know from first hand experience that he can sometimes be like that Wink

i doubt that the old version of pub would be brought back. why would we? the player base of the old version is non existent. and even if it was. it wouldn't matter. we have NO regulars.

Download Post  No rating  
HalfBak3d
Retired
Retired
26782 Points

USA US Arizona
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:33 pm   Post subject:  Re: bring back old skool iow?? Back to top 

It's simple really. The game is old and dying. The player base just isn't there.

Download Post  No rating  
Clanless
IoW Supporter
3034 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:54 am   Post subject:  Re: bring back old skool iow?? Back to top 

HalfBak3d wrote (View Post): › It's simple really. The game is old and dying. The player base just isn't there.

Youre just sayin that cause ya know I can whoop ya !!

PS Disturbing video of the Day !!

Download Post  No rating  
StEVoNuB420
Retired
Retired
52130 Points

USA US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:05 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

i would have never guessed it was a zune commercial.

7414 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:23 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

WTF THAT IS THE MOST DISTURBING SHIT I HAVE SEEN IN AWHILE!!!!!!!!! THAT WASNT EVEN FUNNY!

14159 Points

USA US New York
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:46 pm   Post subject:  Re: bring back old skool iow?? Back to top 

ET is old and dying. Invest in a newer game for IoW to represent Wink maybe COD4 or something thats still fps style. Lots of people play it and it wouldnt be hard to expand on the forums having a cod4 section. I also know from first hand experience you don't have to BUY the game in order to play it online. Just an idea to support whats left of the old IoW group.

Senior Admin
Senior Admin
104308 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:37 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

JEWMAN wrote (View Post): ›
ET is old and dying. Invest in a newer game for IoW to represent Wink maybe COD4 or something thats still fps style. Lots of people play it and it wouldnt be hard to expand on the forums having a cod4 section. I also know from first hand experience you don't have to BUY the game in order to play it online. Just an idea to support whats left of the old IoW group.

cod4 is old news now...its all about cod5

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic