Discord
Arrow IoW Discord Server

Server Monitor

Searching

Advanced Search

Style Select
Script by webmedic, v1.0.5

security

phpBB Security ©  Has Blocked 2,348 Exploit Attempts.

Something fun to consider for Friday frag fests....

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
Poll :: Add baserace as rotation loadable by ref

Yes, add ability for ref to load baserace!
88%
 88%  [ 16 ]
No, I'm afraid of baserace and not willing to even consider this
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Voted : 18
Total Votes : 18

BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:52 pm   Post subject:  Something fun to consider for Friday frag fests.... Back to top 

Last friday, we were having such a great time, I mentioned the idea -- "wouldn't it be nice to play baserace, just once?"

Got a pretty good response from those on the server, too.

I am creating this poll to see if we could get baserace put on as a ref-enabled alternate rotation. I toyed with these a few years ago when we had all the customs on the server, so it can be done. Not saying we add as part of the standard rotation, but it could be enabled based on server votes by the ref.

But it would be really fun on these nights to just "throw in a baserace" map here or there.

I say 'YES'! I think that is a really, really fun map to play. Certainly not saying we add it in the standard rotation, but it would be REALLY cool to be able to play it this Friday.

Please.....?

Retired
Retired
52130 Points

USA US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:28 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

SI!!!!!!!!!!!

Retired
102492 Points

Estonia
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:24 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

why stop at baserace? if we are talking of ref enabled maps then why not through some other fun ones on there? im thinking of something small like lna1vs1 or some shit.

Download Post  No rating  
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:40 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

I think the vote speaks for itself.

GET 'UR DONE! Admin Power

And pump - yeah, I think we can consider a few of those one-off maps too - might be fun just to change things up after we've played the rotation into the ground.

El Presidente
El Presidente
102912 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:34 am   Post subject:  Re: Something fun to consider for Friday frag fests.... Back to top 

keep in mind - any map you do put up there. May cause a user to download it - even if its not a map in the rotation or currently being used. we may want to try it on the test server first - to see if the servers forces it to download - even if you are not playing it in the rotation.

Download Post  No rating  
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:43 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

I doubt it would - I mean, we have dozens of maps on the server that aren't part of the loaded rotation. I would think it would have to load the rotation script first, then decide and if the client doesn't have the maps needed, would then trigger the DL.

But I agree, a test is a good way to go. Maybe we could have this ready by next Friday or something?

El Presidente
El Presidente
102912 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:10 am   Post subject:  Re: Something fun to consider for Friday frag fests.... Back to top 

actually - we dont have dozens on the server. I cleaned them up when i set the current rotation. So that we woudlnt have extra maps and file downloads for stuff not used. At least i am 90% sure i cleaned them up and remove them from the server.

Download Post  No rating  
LuneKnight
Retired
Retired
31257 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:39 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

BASERACE BITCHES WOOT WOOT

Admin
87019 Points

USA US Michigan
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:19 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Baserace and Goldendunk imo

Retired
62486 Points

Poland US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:01 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

this is the last friday that I won't get a chance to play, i'm on break next week so hopefully peeps will be playin friday NEXT week

Retired
62486 Points

Poland US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:02 pm   Post subject:  Re: Something fun to consider for Friday frag fests.... Back to top 

i'm not going where i intended on going tonight, feel mighty shitty after a week of being sick, i regurgitated and what not, but won't go into any details

therefore, i'm here this friday night, as well as at least the next friday, so lets have a fragfest on the server tonight

Retired
102492 Points

Estonia
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:33 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

im going to be on the east coast Sad((( cant make it to this one ooooor the next week's one.. sad sad sad sad sad!!

Download Post  No rating  
schism
IoW Regular
11631 Points

USA US Hawaii
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:45 pm   Post subject:  Re: Something fun to consider for Friday frag fests.... Back to top 

if you're worried about downloads, there's worse maps than baserace. its not mml_ministirith or anything like that.

General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:32 am   Post subject:  Re: Something fun to consider for Friday frag fests.... Back to top 

*BUMP*

12-1 YES right now - we gotta get this done.

Oh - and Nort, on my new box, I wasn't forced to DL SupplyDepot until the map was called up, so no worries about putting baserace on there with an alternate script that ref's can load. I think after a long night on Friday when we've played the same shit 4 times over, a nice baserace will really be great fun!

El Presidente
El Presidente
102912 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:09 pm   Post subject:  Re: Something fun to consider for Friday frag fests.... Back to top 

well then i guess you are volunteering and taking responsibility for this project Wink

I too busy at work to find much time through the end of this month. we have to be done and out of the old buildign my april 29th. So lots to get done yet!

Download Post  No rating  

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic