Discord
Arrow IoW Discord Server

Server Monitor

Searching

Advanced Search

Style Select
Script by webmedic, v1.0.5

security

phpBB Security ©  Has Blocked 2,349 Exploit Attempts.

Strat Help

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
IzZy
Noob
2 Points

PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:30 pm   Post subject:  Strat Help Back to top 

<IoW>

Hello! Very Happy I am IzZy from =AZC=. I was just joining the forums to keep in touch with all of you guys Smile .

I was just simpily wondering if someone could maybe help me with some strats for our next match. We really need to get ourselves off the ground and I thought maybe you guys could help us out. Just give us a few pointers and then maybe we could set up a scrim just to work things out.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Xfire = izzy127

Hope to see/hear from you all soon. I will probably see you in your server in the near future.

=AZC= IzZy

Download Post  No rating  
StEVoNuB420
Retired
Retired
52130 Points

USA US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:34 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Welcome to the forums Izzy. As for strats I would just say remember its all about teamwork and obj.There is no room for rambo meds if ur not working as a team. Also assign positions for each player and make sure they stick with them. Other than that I cant help u much. Maybe the other members can be of more help to you.

974 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:10 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Yes IZzy, we will most def. help you make strats. DirtyKermit and I usually make strats sunday night and if we can get enough people per team, we could scrim each other based on em, would be the ideal practice for the season.

My Xfire is karnivore1428 not sure if you posted yours but i will contact you when we make strats for the next weeks lineup. Look forward to working with you guys.

Download Post  No rating  
IzZy
Noob
2 Points

PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:20 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Awesome! Thank you both for your feedback. I will definitely be on Sunday. Thank you all so much for your help, all of =AZC= really appreciate this.

Also, thanks for the add on Xfire.

Hope to see soon! Very Happy

Download Post  No rating  
mehause
IoW Regular
385 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:29 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Karni let them know what time I would like to do the strat stuff on our server, I will be posting the information in the correct topic shortly

9964 Points

Canada CA Ontario
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:30 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Apparently you =AZC= guys are awesome-sauce. It's too bad I wasn't their for the match that night. I know I won't be of any help for strats, but I'm always up for a friendly.

Retired
Retired
62486 Points

Poland US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:07 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

if anyone wants a lamer, i can be der as well:)

Download Post  No rating  
KerpZ
IoW Supporter
749 Points

India US Florida
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:18 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I dunno make 2 groups and take different routes each group with 1 med ......... dont stick together its dangerous......spread out........stay close and help each other ........try not to tk.........another stat that i know of is all out offence where you slaughter them when your defending have 2 eengis and 4 meds.........then just go attack them.....

Download Post  No rating  
mehause
IoW Regular
385 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:52 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

I try to have a little bit more complex of strategies where you have a designated route that you take for both offense and defense, I even add some trickery here and there.

9964 Points

Canada CA Ontario
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:06 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

KerpZ wrote: › spread out........stay close

Contradictory Much?

Mehause and/or Karni, and/or anyone else who was around for that match a while back at Supply Depot, I need to learn the defensive strat for that map (the HESS inspired one). I know it's not on the map list for tomorrow's match, but if there is ever time when you are on pro, or even pub, could you take me through it? I think I know some key elements, but surely not enough.

Thanks

IoW Supporter
351 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:36 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Another thing to being successful I think is, trusting your teammates to take out an enemy. A lot of times I see new clans have 3-4 guys rush one person while they get back raged from the others. You just have to sit tight, hold your position and assume that everyone else has theirs covered. Of course if someone can't handle whats being thrown at em only send 1 person to help out if its minimal. You need to remember things change rapidly and you could be opening another path that the other team is taking.

Another thing is, try not to defend right at the obj. Push forward a little. That way if you do get mowed down you have a bit of recover time, since they have to continue running to the obj.

This brings up our next season match, Radar. On pub, people defend at the east parts and west bridge. The proper defense would be at CP and truck; letting your mines be a fall back defense if you're stuck in limbo.

8082 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:43 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

I agree with you Epic. At the beginning you should push forward as safely as possible. If the team goes down at the truck however, a team can easily and quickly jump to west and poof, they are gone.

Radar is an offense-oriented map. The objectives are spread out and the long runs give Allies even more cover once they have one of the objectives and make it over the hill toward cp.

Most often a decent team will eventually get the main entrance blown and once that permanent spawn is that close to the truck, they will focus on the side attack. If you completely camp the truck, they can come at you from both sides.

A lot of awesome teams I've watched just roll side immediately and go back and get main parts-in-hand. With the cp under Allied control, I've seen the best teams as Axis just rock their noggin's from the top of that garage.

Once in secondary defense, I think having a 2-4 leaning east or a 3-3 with one of the west defense being a "rover" that can quickly get from west to east. You have a spawn so close to the west parts/truck (also allows spawning behind attackers that have come that way while you were in limbo), so IMO it's always best to focus on defending the east. They have farther to take them once they get them.

I'm not suggesting give them west, just saying I would rather defend east well, than try to defend both and have a couple of good/lucky shots give them both east and west.

As far as advice on general competition. Epic and Stevo are right on the money. You need to assign roles (maybe a main and a backup position for each player), and make the player play those almost exclusively even pubbing/warming up. Playing med on a pub will tend to make an FO and engy too aggressive. Having a med playing engy in pubs may make them want to take the front position when going after an objective instead of supporting the engies and soldier/fo's that should be up front.

The name of defense is crossfire. I've been on teams that had 6 better shots than the best on the other team, but we got beat because their defensive strat and crossfire positioning were just excellent.

Research the team you are playing. If they have demo's, watch all of them. Remain prepared for changes, however. Keep in mind that ET players are creatures of habit and they aren't going to fix what isn't broken.

Spread out! Great panzers (they DO exist in comp, oh wow do they exist) will dominate a team that runs in really close packs.

Spawn timers are a must. If you have someone that can't use it and /kill at the appropriate times, they shouldn't be playing. You will find yourself almost always one guy away from having capped.

TS/Vent: Set up comm guidelines for voice. Frequently teams have WAY too many people talking useless crap on TS/Vent. If anyone has to say more than 4-5 words to communicate anything, they are talking too much. Use standard binds to communicate via text based on maps, if possible. Depends on how fast your team can acclimate themselves to learning those binds, but it really cuts down on verbal chatter and clears lines for really important comms.

Never EVER let anyone but a captain conduct any communication with the other team during a match. If you ever have a conflict over a match, failure to observe that rule could come back to haunt you. If nothing else, it simplifies things.

Don't talk trash. If you beat them, it's enough. If you didn't, take it like a man and work harder for next time.

Good luck to you,
J

Download Post  No rating  
Frosty
Obsessed With IOW
Obsessed With IOW
118 Points

PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:30 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

On supply 3 on bottom.

On frostbite 1 in green room camping ladder, 1 in cp calling arty on ladder and also camping it until main is blow then just camp main once its blown. Fo at back watching it and throwing can over mountain.

Ohh i dunno if any1 posted this yet kuz im not gonna check but if u think u cant make it fallback. Like on supply if they planted and u guys spawned and ur really getting owned fallback because u suck at shooting and wont hold them off at main. Because if u suck at shooting then its just a waste because there gonna get cp. Also try and setup crossfire. Crossfire is way better. ohh and 1 more thing... look at my sig isnt it cool?

epIc
IoW Supporter
351 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:44 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Frosty wrote: › On supply 3 on bottom.

On frostbite 1 in green room camping ladder, 1 in cp calling arty on ladder and also camping it until main is blow then just camp main once its blown. Fo at back watching it and throwing can over mountain.

Ohh i dunno if any1 posted this yet kuz im not gonna check but if u think u cant make it fallback. Like on supply if they planted and u guys spawned and ur really getting owned fallback because u suck at shooting and wont hold them off at main. Because if u suck at shooting then its just a waste because there gonna get cp. Also try and setup crossfire. Crossfire is way better. ohh and 1 more thing... look at my sig isnt it cool?

Your posts make my head hurt. There's no structure at all.

Retired
20692 Points

Canada CA Alberta
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:41 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Frosty wrote: › On supply 3 on bottom.

You still post here? lol, jk man.

Good strategies. Took a bit to read some, but I'll put them to good use.

I´m so.... Quizzled.
Download Post  No rating  

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic