Discord
Arrow IoW Discord Server

Server Monitor

Searching

Advanced Search

Style Select
Script by webmedic, v1.0.5

security

phpBB Security ©  Has Blocked 2,349 Exploit Attempts.

Art rev hitboxes any different from default silent?

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
Jayd
Retired
Retired
36465 Points

Puertorico US Florida
Yellow Cards: 1
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:33 pm   Post subject:  Art rev hitboxes any different from default silent? Back to top 

I can't remember if I have asked this before but sometimes people (including myself) have had problems reviving people. Is there something different about our needle hitboxes?

General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:26 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

There are no settings that I'm aware of that affect needle hitboxes. So I'd say no (or we're using defaults). But you're not the first person to complain about it, I'd suggest asking at the silent forums if you want an actual answer.

Last edited by BECK on Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total

Retired
Retired
36465 Points

Puertorico US Florida
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:05 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Okay cool. Thanks for the info! Very Happy

Admin
87019 Points

USA US Michigan
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:12 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Some people complain about it, and some don't. I, for the most part, come from a mostly etpro background, and I have never thought they were different. I think the people that complain about it are generally just bad medics to begin with.

General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:40 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

I would expect the needle hitboxes to be the same as the gib boxes when the body is waiting for revive. Something like these old images from the ETPub days:

So there would indeed areas where the hit may not register.

NOTE: These images were done with hitbox tracing and "g_hitboxes 31", which is supposed to be what the default hitboxes are for silEnT.

EDIT:
BTW - this is what the hitboxes are with "non-improved" hitboxes (again, a relic of ETPub).

I only show this because if people were used to these larger boxes (or maybe Gaymod or NoQuarter or whatever still use them), they might think ours that are "improved" are smaller or inaccurate.

It may be worth spending some time some night (like a tuesday) with this tracing on again to get some updated screenshots of our hitboxes.

For the previous thread on this testing see here: http://www.iowclan.net/iow/viewtopic.php?t=3623

Senior Admin
Senior Admin
104308 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:31 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Beck that would be a great idea that I would like to help out with. I've been telling people of how our boxes are smaller. So the hitboxes with silent is different then our improved etpub?

General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:31 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I think they're the same actually. We'll find out.

El Presidente
El Presidente
102938 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:41 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

I remember that testing Smile That is the type of stuff that sets our server apart. We put up a whole article on it even!

Download Post  No rating  
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:11 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

that was a fun day, we need to do it again.

Jr. Admin
Jr. Admin
4010 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:28 am   Post subject:  Re: Art rev hitboxes any different from default silent? Back to top 

My friend Matt or Sh**tingd*cks from canada told me on his ts that he had a solution to "Fix the rev boxes".

I dont know what that means but if u want i can convince him to register and see what he has to say about it

Download Post  No rating  
neurosis
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:04 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Sin wrote (View Post): ›
Some people complain about it, and some don't. I, for the most part, come from a mostly etpro background, and I have never thought they were different. I think the people that complain about it are generally just bad medics to begin with.

In my defense, it is because I am usually drunk. Wink

If you talk to any of my current or ex g/f's, they will tell you that the ET needle isnt the only needle that I have a hard time aiming with when ive been drinking.

Download Post  No rating  
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:43 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I don't think they need to be fixed...

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic