Discord
Arrow IoW Discord Server

Server Monitor

Searching

Advanced Search

Style Select
Script by webmedic, v1.0.5

security

phpBB Security ©  Has Blocked 2,348 Exploit Attempts.

New Headset

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
Venom
Senior Admin
Senior Admin
104308 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:03 pm   Post subject:  New Headset Back to top 

So, after Friday Night Games @ IoW, I realized its time for a headset. Its been about 4 years since I broke my last one and just never bothered getting another. I ended up going to walmart and buying a $10 desktop mic for TS and up until 2 weeks ago it was fine but my cat chewed thru the cord and in the trash it went. I was sad I couldn't enjoy the full benefit of TS/ET since Cindy kept telling me to "turn that shit down" and I couldn't talk.

Ordered this

I read some reviews and people who had owned really expensive headsets like A40s, said these were the best they have ever had, and most comfortable. $60 is not a bad price.

I should be on TS once again when they arrive.

Admin
87019 Points

USA US Michigan
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:29 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

2405 Points

USA US Idaho
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:01 pm   Post subject:  Re: New Headset Back to top 

That's a great headset for $60, Steelseries and Razer rate very high for their cost. A friend of mine has the Kraken and swears it's the most comfortable headset he has ever owned. Nice pick up!

General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:25 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Prove it!

Senior Admin
Senior Admin
104308 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:55 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Sin, I really didnt want to pay anything near 60$ let alone 200$.

I used to have Creative Fatal1ty headset years ago but I ran it over with my chair. I was actually just gonna rebuy that headset for $30 but I read all these people talking about the krakens and how they are so comfortable. Even people who said the krakens are better than the sennheisers and over $100 headsets they owned before.

I'm sure I won't be disappointed.

@Karl I really hope so and looking forward to them arriving.

Senior Admin
104308 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:05 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Well it was short lived. RIP razer kraken. Cats chewed thru the rest of the cable. I walk out of the room for 3 minutes and they are broken.

I just bought the Planetronics GameCon 780

Guess im gonna have to take them with me everytime I walk out of the room.

Admin
87019 Points

USA US Michigan
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:44 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

that sucks.

I've had the 780s for over a year now and they still are awesome. Just keep them away from your cat.

General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:39 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

is the cat still breathing?

Senior Admin
Senior Admin
104308 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:42 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

hahahaha. The cats are still alive. I would've loved to skin them alive and make socks out of them, but I didn't.

Retired
23268 Points

Canada CA Quebec
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:12 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Venom wrote (View Post): › I read all these people talking about the krakens and how they are so comfortable.

Never think about using the cat has headset, really comfortable....Wink

Senior Admin
Senior Admin
104308 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:06 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Mario wrote (View Post): ›
Never think about using the cat has headset, really comfortable....Wink

LOL! They would be pretty nice as headphones. Real fur, none of that faux bullshit

Senior Admin
104308 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:16 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

OK so I have had time to test the GameCon 780 headset that Sin had suggested. I love it. Compared to the Kraken Pro:

Pros:
USB (the kraken pro has 3.5mm cord which connects to a 3.5mm splitter mic/audio.)
7.1 Surround Sound
Way more comfortable

Cons:
The sound from the headphones leak so whatever im listening to, everyone can hear ( the kraken pro didnt have this issue )
Feels too cheaply made ( plastic is light duty, feels very fragile )

Admin
87019 Points

USA US Michigan
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:34 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

They do feel a bit fragile. I've dropped mine probably over 20 times though, and they haven't broke yet. I think the lightweight makes them more comfortable for me, they don't squeeze your head like a pimple.

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic