Instruments of War :: Official site for the Enemy Territory clan Instruments of War

Instruments of WarGeneral ChatNew Headset

#1:  New Headset Author: Venom Post You have posted in this forum: Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:03 pm

So, after Friday Night Games @ IoW, I realized its time for a headset. Its been about 4 years since I broke my last one and just never bothered getting another. I ended up going to walmart and buying a $10 desktop mic for TS and up until 2 weeks ago it was fine but my cat chewed thru the cord and in the trash it went. I was sad I couldn't enjoy the full benefit of TS/ET since Cindy kept telling me to "turn that shit down" and I couldn't talk.

Ordered this

I read some reviews and people who had owned really expensive headsets like A40s, said these were the best they have ever had, and most comfortable. $60 is not a bad price.

I should be on TS once again when they arrive.

#2:   Author: Sin Post You have posted in this forum: Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:29 pm

you should have gotten some plantronics gamecoms or sennheisers dude.

http://www.plantronics.com/us/product/gamecom-780

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826106474&ignorebbr=1

#3:  Re: New Headset Author: Karl Hungus Post You have posted in this forum: Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:01 pm

That's a great headset for $60, Steelseries and Razer rate very high for their cost. A friend of mine has the Kraken and swears it's the most comfortable headset he has ever owned. Nice pick up!

#4:   Author: BECK Post You have posted in this forum: Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:25 pm

Prove it!

#5:   Author: Venom Post You have posted in this forum: Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:55 pm

Sin, I really didnt want to pay anything near 60$ let alone 200$.

I used to have Creative Fatal1ty headset years ago but I ran it over with my chair. I was actually just gonna rebuy that headset for $30 but I read all these people talking about the krakens and how they are so comfortable. Even people who said the krakens are better than the sennheisers and over $100 headsets they owned before.

I'm sure I won't be disappointed.

@Karl I really hope so and looking forward to them arriving.

#6:   Author: Venom Post You have posted in this forum: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:05 pm

Well it was short lived. RIP razer kraken. Cats chewed thru the rest of the cable. I walk out of the room for 3 minutes and they are broken.

I just bought the Planetronics GameCon 780

Guess im gonna have to take them with me everytime I walk out of the room.

#7:   Author: Sin Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:44 am

that sucks.

I've had the 780s for over a year now and they still are awesome. Just keep them away from your cat.

#8:   Author: BECK Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:39 am

is the cat still breathing?

#9:   Author: Venom Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:42 pm

hahahaha. The cats are still alive. I would've loved to skin them alive and make socks out of them, but I didn't.

#10:   Author: Mario Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:12 pm

Venom wrote (View Post): › I read all these people talking about the krakens and how they are so comfortable.

Never think about using the cat has headset, really comfortable....Wink

#11:   Author: Venom Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:06 pm

Mario wrote (View Post): ›
Never think about using the cat has headset, really comfortable....Wink

LOL! They would be pretty nice as headphones. Real fur, none of that faux bullshit

#12:   Author: Venom Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:16 pm

OK so I have had time to test the GameCon 780 headset that Sin had suggested. I love it. Compared to the Kraken Pro:

Pros:
USB (the kraken pro has 3.5mm cord which connects to a 3.5mm splitter mic/audio.)
7.1 Surround Sound
Way more comfortable

Cons:
The sound from the headphones leak so whatever im listening to, everyone can hear ( the kraken pro didnt have this issue )
Feels too cheaply made ( plastic is light duty, feels very fragile )

#13:   Author: Sin Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:34 pm

They do feel a bit fragile. I've dropped mine probably over 20 times though, and they haven't broke yet. I think the lightweight makes them more comfortable for me, they don't squeeze your head like a pimple.
Instruments of WarGeneral ChatNew Headset

Generated using printer-friendly.