Discord
Arrow IoW Discord Server

Server Monitor

Searching

Advanced Search

Style Select
Script by webmedic, v1.0.5

security

phpBB Security ©  Has Blocked 2,348 Exploit Attempts.

Fall 2012 Map Pool

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:31 am   Post subject:  Fall 2012 Map Pool Back to top 

Time is approaching for a map change. I'm taking data as of today and making decisions as to which maps will remain based purely on the number of votes. This method may work for this round, but it could also be that 'throw-away' votes on less popular maps (the 1s and the 2s) can stack up and make a map appear more popular than it actually is. I suspect that is true of at least one of these maps, but there are a significant amount of plays to make it somewhat believable.

Here is the current voting data:

MapNumber of PlaysNumber of Votes
chartwell 36 673
Adlernest 55 645
Tower 66 628
Braundorf 39 579
Frostbite 45 551
Supply Pro 50 545
warbell 30 541
Special Delivery 45 519
Chicken Bucket * 491
Beerrun 35 480
Goldendunk 33 479
radar - 439
lna 34 384
El Kef 21 364
Capture the Gold 39 354
Bremen 32 341
Dubrovnik 23 324
Steel plant 14 317
v2 base 15 300
Railgun - 299
Industry 2 15 291
Goldrush - 291
v2 factory 16 289
Password 2 11 288
Fueldump - 278
Oasis - 271
Snatch 3 19 245
Battery - 209
old bones 13 150
Pirates 8** 90**

* - The number of plays for Chicken is always abnormally high - this is because if the server gets stuck on it, the map will not end until there is a winner. For some reason, this results in it counting the map too many times. Therefore, this value was dropped from consideration.

- - Stock maps are part of the regular rotation and therefore cannot be factored into number of plays.

** - Pirates was modified to feature a new version half-way through this map cycle, so the numbers here appear abnormally low. I do not have data for the previous version of pirates.

Based on this data:

MAPS THAT WILL REMAIN

1. Battery (stock)
  2. Fueldump (stock)
  3. Goldrush (stock)
  4. Oasis (stock)
  5. radar (stock)
  6. Railgun (stock)
  7. chartwell
  8. Adlernest
  9. Tower
  10. Braundorf
  11. Frostbite
  12. Supply Pro
  13. warbell
  14. Special Delivery
  15. Chicken Bucket
  16. Beerrun
  17. Goldendunk
  18. lna
  19. El Kef
  20. Capture the Gold
  21. Bremen
  22. Dubrovnik
  23. Pirates
  24. RESERVED FOR MAP OF THE WEEK #1
  25. RESERVED FOR MAP OF THE WEEK #2 (flex)

MAPS THAT WILL BE DROPPED

1. Steel plant
  2. v2 base
  3. Industry 2
  4. v2 factory
  5. Password 2
  6. Snatch 3
  7. old bones

This leaves us with slots for 7 new maps. Since people already suggested maps in this thread, they should take precedence. Kudos to you for paying attention to the forums and bothering to suggest something! Razz

MAPS THAT WILL BE ADDED

1. ET Center (suggested by Sir Sux)
  2. Stalingrad (suggested by Hobbs/bak3d/beck)
  3. Carentan (suggested by Venom)

This leaves us with 4 slots open for maps. Since the point of "map of the week" was to find good, new maps, I'm going to suggest we fill those four slots with the top four vote getters from all the maps of the week that we've had.

Once Nort's week is finished, we'll have a vote for the top maps of the week, and those maps will make it into the regular rotation.

So, the final rotation that will be running the week of September 17th will be:

PLANNED FINAL ROTATION

1. Battery (stock)
  2. Fueldump (stock)
  3. Goldrush (stock)
  4. Oasis (stock)
  5. radar (stock)
  6. Railgun (stock)
  7. chartwell
  8. Adlernest
  9. Tower
  10. Braundorf
  11. Frostbite
  12. Supply Pro
  13. warbell
  14. Special Delivery
  15. Chicken Bucket
  16. Beerrun
  17. Goldendunk
  18. lna
  19. El Kef
  20. Capture the Gold
  21. Bremen
  22. Dubrovnik
  23. Pirates
  24. Carentan (NEW)
  25. Stalingrad (NEW)
  26. ET Center (NEW)
  27. MotW Vote Pick #1 (TBD)
  28. MotW Vote Pick #2 (TBD)
  29. MotW Vote Pick #3 (TBD)
  30. MotW Vote Pick #4 (TBD)
  31. RESERVED FOR NEW MAP OF THE WEEK #1
  32. RESERVED FOR NEW MAP OF THE WEEK #2 (flex)

That gives us our full 32 map run.

Since I personally find it helpful to learn maps like Carentan and ET Center (which I've never played), I will probably go ahead and make video walkthroughs of them and Stalingrad (because people hate it for some reason, but I think they just don't know it). So those will be up in the next few weeks too.

Voting soon for the final 4 slots!

Last edited by BECK on Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total

Retired
Retired
102492 Points

Estonia
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:15 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

nice. im personally very glad old bones is gone and cant wait til capture the gold is taken off.

i do want to see some of those map of the weeks in there though cant wait for that vote!

Download Post  No rating  
Sir Sux-A-Lot
Admin
Admin
38083 Points

France US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:41 am   Post subject:  Re: Fall Maps Back to top 

FYI Et Center is a big map, like 17MB so think of getting it early!

Also I'm OK with the maps being dropped, except maybe for snatch and v2 base (or is it factory? the one that doesn't have the train...)

finally I'm looking forward to more TramFight

Download Post  No rating  
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:24 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

This seemed like the most fair way to do this. We already have voting data to go off of, and unfortunately for you pumpkin, people like Capture the Gold Razz.

Sir - I was gonna suggest doing TC Base instead of ET Center, but then again, Stalingrad is huge as hell too, so it would be silly to restrict one big map but then have another. So I guess it's okay, but if you want to replace it with base, that is your call since it was your suggestion.

As for snatch, again, didn't get the vote support. I think people sorta get tired of it. V2 Factory is the one with the train Smile

Just because they're gone now doesn't mean someone can't pick them for the map of the week in the coming months - or even suggest them to return to full rotation next year.

Admin
Admin
38083 Points

France US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:04 pm   Post subject:  Re: Fall 2012 Map Pool Back to top 

Well I love TC Base so I don't know...

The thing is I played ET Center once and found it had lots of potential so I'd like to keep it.
Who knows maybe I'm smoking crack, maybe it really is awesome... I know it's risky to put an unknown map like that in the rotation but some maps did good like that too (El Kef, Chartwell...)

Download Post  No rating  
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:20 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I really tried to vet the maps that I put up (like Chartwell) with walkthroughs and stuff so people could learn them first. I plan to do the same with those other maps so people can get a basic idea for how they play.

Brigadier General
Brigadier General
17505 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:01 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

You can thank (or hate) Allagor & I for Chartwell having so many votes. I couldn't let that map fall off the rotation; regardless of its actual plays.

Also, can download links to 'new' maps be linked in the first post? I know I'd rather DL 17mb on an off day, not compete for 2kbps with 10 other people.
Spoilers: 

I can search for it, it would just make it easy for all; Heres looking at you, Beck. Admin Power

One more thing, Carentan is incomplete on super low setting configs; might let one see through certain walls. (Not sure) Though when I build my new desktop, I won't complain as much.

Download Post  No rating  
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:06 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Yes, I will provide DL links for all maps at least a week before they go up - and the walk through vids also have a download link attached to them.

As to chartwell, I suspected as much. I know you guys like that map and since I said I was going off votes this time, this is the result Smile (For better or worse). Next time, we might do something different and go back to a pure forum-based voting system.

General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:14 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

oh, and I tried _b2 of Carantan on my work PC (low end as it gets) and didn't really see any problems with it:

got from here: http://www.wolffiles.de/index.php?filebase&fid=197

Senior Admin
Senior Admin
44798 Points

USA US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:36 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Bremen is still on rotation !boo

We are an objective based server with an indestructible main objective.

Until the point in time that we can figure out how to make the truck take damage, this monstrosity should be taken off the server.

General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:48 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I'm going to see if I can figure out how to customize the scripting on that one. THe alpha version of that map has a destructible truck, but it cannot be found anywhere. I"m wondering if I can learn a bit about the scripting logic for ET maps, maybe I can just take the truck behavior from a map like Supply Night and copy it into the Bremen script. Might be worth a try.

IoW Regular
14566 Points

USA US New Hampshire
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:04 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

You crazy lol Beck eventually you will be able to change this game however you want lol. Figure out all the scripts, programming, and beck will come into the server wielding a lightsaber!

General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:19 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

LOL - you know, since ET is based on Q3TA, so is 'Jedi Knight' Razz You may be right!

Retired
Retired
102492 Points

Estonia
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:21 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

V2A2V2A2M wrote (View Post): ›
You can thank (or hate) Allagor & I for Chartwell having so many votes.

im sending some mental hatred towards you at this very moment.

Download Post  No rating  
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:48 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

BECK wrote (View Post): ›
...maybe I can just take the truck behavior from a map like Supply Night and copy it into the Bremen .script. Might be worth a try.

The hilarious thing about this.....as I start to look at it......that is exactly what *THEY* did, only in reverse:

Code: ›
//=======================TRUCK==============================
//---Igloo: I made it anew from my modified bremen script---
//==========================================================

So the truck in Supply Pro is the same truck as in Bremen - obviously, there is different behavior and a different spline for travel etc....but I'm comparing some of the more basic properties of the trucks and they're identical. Even scripting code for handling a damaged truck seems to be in the bremen script. From limited research, it seems that the map itself might need to be modified, check this out:

http://forums.warchestgames.com/showthread.php/18350-Bremen_B2-Destructible-truck

Seems like having a truck that can be damaged and repaired would be a simple flag, but I think you actually have to set health on the truck, and maybe there is some setting (like -1) that makes it have infinite health. I don't see presently where this can be changed in the script, but I'll keep looking. Again, I'm an ET scripting noob so....

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic