Discord
Arrow IoW Discord Server

Server Monitor

Searching

Advanced Search

Style Select
Script by webmedic, v1.0.5

security

phpBB Security ©  Has Blocked 2,349 Exploit Attempts.

Beer Run

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
Nervous
IoW Regular
8082 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue May 02, 2006 9:58 am   Post subject:  Beer Run Back to top 

I've noticed that quite a few people get lost in Beer Run on the Pro server.

For the folks that aren't yet familiar with the map.

As Allies, you are trying to blow TWO doors to gain access inside the Axis base. There is the obvious one in the courtyard/garage area. Usually if Axis is a little stacked you'll run into about 1 or 2 FO's and 4 medics out there if your Allied team doesn't make a strong initial push.

The fastest way in, is upstairs. From Allied spawn you STAY inside the building and go back to your left. Go around a few corners and you'll see stairs up to your right. Go up there and there is an Axis standard exit door (covies could use this if they could manage a suit), or the big door that can be blown with dyno. A good axis team could be waiting for you, so it's really a matter of quick evaluation as to which side is your best bet. At least get that plant down and make sure it blows, and if you hit an mg and a panzer on the other side well, then courtyard it is...probably.

Once through that door you go down some stairs and you get to the flag area.

The goal of course is to get each keg and get it to the loading dock. Note that the Axis MUST build the loading dock door controls or the door to the truck will be wide open for easy access.

So AXIS MUST use an engy to build the controls as soon as the match starts, because if you are overrun, you will have a tough time getting a second chance to take that area back. I mean if Allies overrun you at the start, good chance they know you will need to get to the controls and will defend that area.

As Allies, just remember to flow to the right of the command map to get to the controls. Since they are in the top right corner, just keep taking rights when presented with choices (pretty much). Note that the loading dock is just west of the controls (upper middle of the map). Also you might consider, that there is a vent above the controls when an Allied covie could camp just dropping satchels when the controls are built and the engy wanders.

A little communication and the covie can satchel right as the Allies get the keg(s) to the dock.

Axis rear spawn has two directions. Left goes to the controls, and right goes down toward the beer kegs via a stairway.

Mines are fairly effective way of keep the back hall secured. mg42's, riflenades, and panzers work very well in either that hall or the hall from the truck. Good heavy weapons are superb in holding down the keg room.

Just a little info. Hope it helps. If you get lost just use "G" to look at the command map.

J

Last edited by Nervous on Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Download Post  No rating  
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue May 02, 2006 11:56 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Thanks for the tips - I was running around all confused last night. I've played this map a few times before, but it's been months, so you forget where the hell to go. Laughing This is one of those maps that has the signs on the wall, so that tells you how confusing it is, that even the map designer felt it needed a bit of clarification.

IoW Regular
1908 Points

Srilanka
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed May 03, 2006 7:49 am   Post subject:  even after this Back to top 

Even after reading this i have no idead where to go but as they say practise makes a man perfect. I will keep playing the map when i can and get used to it.

Download Post  No rating  

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic