Discord
Arrow IoW Discord Server

Server Monitor

Searching

Advanced Search

Style Select
Script by webmedic, v1.0.5

security

phpBB Security ©  Has Blocked 2,349 Exploit Attempts.

Fuel dump and engy whoring

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
Nervous
IoW Regular
8082 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon May 01, 2006 7:15 am   Post subject:  Fuel dump and engy whoring Back to top 

Come on people. Building the second stage (finishing the gate) on the east side of the fuel dump gets your butt beat almost every time unless you have a stacked Axis team that remains inside the gate, or Allies are running four covies. Very Happy

I think I played engy on that map 3 times this weekend where I managed to convince everyone to leave east alone, and not once did Allies win. When you build east if they secure the west side with 3 or 4 Allies, and maybe get one up top bugging the top exit, there is no way to go all the way around or even up the stairs to disarm.

A suggestion, if you need to level up as an engy, and whoever else is a level 3 or 4, then the higher level can let the lower one build the defenses to get the engy points and the higher level can plant mines and watch the other guy's back. It's much better to have two level 3 engies than a 4 and a 1. However, if you don't spawn back or after you build the mg nest and the cp, then don't run back there and go "Hey the only thing not done is the middle part of this east gate. Someone must've forgotten." Or, worse yet, "Screw it. I need the xp and I don't care if this loses the game for Axis."

Anyway, just an observation. I think experienced engies like Nilla and Mayol will agree with me on this one. Mine placement will protect that gap just fine. The mines at least soften up the attackers so only a couple of shots will take them down usually. Note that if you planted mines on the front half of the map and can't get there to reclaim them, you can just jump to spec and right back on your team. All the mines (front and back) will be available that YOU planted. You just replant the ones in back and add the new ones you gained by going spec. I'd like to give props to most of the engies on the server. I have yet to see a case of a bozo disarming someone else's mines to replant them himself/herself.

On a side note, if you're not averaging at least 1 kill/minute as a covie on the mountain then you should probably either switch classes or try to get closer to get a uni and help get up top. I mean if you just want to snipe that's okay, it's your business. But don't be surprised if one of your teammates calls to get ff turned on and comes back there and puts a cap in your arse. Very Happy

It'd be worth getting kicked for that.

J

Download Post  No rating  
StEVoNuB420
Retired
Retired
52130 Points

USA US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon May 01, 2006 8:25 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Usually I also leave it open,but there are times when it's better closed.It depends on the situation and who's on your team.If u know u will get backup then leave it open.But if u see that noone is gonna spawn in the back when u tell them a covie is heading to fuel dump with uni then build.Usually when they come in they don't spot all the mines so the covie is the first to jump in the mines killing himself and wounding the engi,therefore the engi has to plant and wait 30 seconds.If the east was not built the wounded engi could easily crawl towards the bak of the dump plant mines for spawn and plant dyno.So it's a good idea, but it would have to go by a game by game situation.IMO.

General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon May 01, 2006 9:15 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

I agree it's a good tactic. However, you talking about a pub server here. JoBlow is gonna join as an Axis engineer halfway through the map and see that the gate is not built, and he's going to build it. Not to be an XP-whore, but more likely because he thinks he's helping his team.

I've seen versions of fuel dump that don't have tools on the east side, so it's impossible to build them. But then, Nilla can't do his cool trick jump, so he'd be upset Laughing. Maybe you could lobby Nort to put a different Fuel Dump script out there, but I doubt he'll do it because he runs this server as a true public server, with little restrictions.

Too bad Axis coverts can't satchel the gate...problem solved then.

IOW Anger Managment
1037 Points

USA US Minnesota
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue May 02, 2006 8:36 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Nerv, I can only say I partially agree with you. NEVER build the east defenses before the spawn is taken. Especially on a server where FF is off. Too many ways for allied engy to get in.

But this is where my opinion differs. Most of the time noobs build the east. I have come to accept the fact that it will be built most of the time. I have also come to accept the fact that people can't plant mines worth a shit. I feel if the allies have superior smg skills, it really won't matter if you build it or not. HOWEVER, with ff off, it only takes on fdops on the west side to defend the dump after a plant. I have ran in the open east defenses many times as allies and not had any issues. Overall I find it easier to build the east and defend the west. Most people will see me defending side entrance or roof. That is where the money is.

Ice

Download Post  No rating  
Nort
El Presidente
El Presidente
102938 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue May 02, 2006 8:41 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

I just has one thing to say. You want people not as noobish, and real challenge, visit our new ETPRO server. the ETPRO crowd is tougher and most of those playing PRO are non noob.

Download Post  No rating  
Nervous
IoW Regular
8082 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue May 02, 2006 9:44 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

@Nort:

When it's working properly (I heard it wasn't last night when I was on the pub or I would've went), I'll be on the pro most of the time.

@Nilla:
I see your point. The best Axis teams stay within the base, and set up crossfires involving the roof, the back of the mg nest and the boxes near the west. The roof defense is super solid as long as the Axis FO's do their job, and keep snipers from causing trouble from the hill. In comp, I've seen teams use that defense to prevent even a single plant, despite it having the pro comp. config where allies spawn at the cp.

Thing is, on the pubs, you get on the axis team and you run the chance of getting players who think they can continue to run to the hill despite all the allies coming through the bunker. 3 guys can't win on Allies against an Axis team that has their act even remotely together, if FF is off. Level 3 or higher FO and a spawn time can just annihilate the Allies, couple that with a level 4 panzer, and a couple of meds that actually heal people and a level 3 engy that plants mines well, and allies are just toast.

As Allies, you initially try to get in the top bunker of Axis spawn, but if you can manage to get to that back exit and camp it, the Axis might as well stay inside. The smarter/better players will be trying to exit that way, and if they go down a couple of times, it's over.

J

Download Post  No rating  

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic