Discord
Arrow IoW Discord Server

Server Monitor

Searching

Advanced Search

Style Select
Script by webmedic, v1.0.5

security

phpBB Security ©  Has Blocked 2,349 Exploit Attempts.

IoW Custom Maps Server

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
epIc
IoW Supporter
351 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:44 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

It's true a lot of the populated servers are XP save and stock maps. Although, if someone was to play pro, they have the idea of competition. If they wanted to play stock maps and have fun, they would just go light up a XP save server. There are SW versions of stock maps which are used in TWL or have been used. Even then it would keep people intrested in pro from playing, stock maps get boring. I guess we could throw those in with the most common TWL maps. I just don't think the stock maps will be popular among the ETPro scene.

9964 Points

Canada CA Ontario
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:49 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Quizzle wrote: › Sorry if Nort hates the idea

I didn't mean to say he'd hate it, but way back when, didn't we have a Pro server with stocks?....

I would personally prefer using TWL maps. No issue with the stock maps, but if I want to play them, I ALWAYS hit up our server. If I want to play TWL maps, I ALWAYS have to hit up SNL, ET Box or RmC. Be nice if I could play those maps on a server with <IoW> in the title.

But I suppose, whether this proposed Pro server be stocks, stocks w/ customs, or TWL maps - I'll still play there.

Noob
205 Points

USA US Maryland
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:44 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

I would like to see that basketball map on a server somewhere. I loved that game. Maybe we could schedule a clan/regular weekly competition or something.

Chiles

Download Post  No rating  
AnABoLiS
IoW Regular
4692 Points

Finland
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:05 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I dont see a point running stock maps on pub and pro server.That Idea sucks Wink We should use atleast TWL maps.

General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:16 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I would say the stock SW maps though - those are different and fun to play. I like a lot of customs, some of the TWL maps and the SW maps. If we had an SW Pro server, I'd even play there.

Question: How is this server supposed to be more popular than our current TWL map server? We have to do something to differentiate it. I agree with Ana - two stock servers with different mods is a bit silly. But with SW versions of the stocks, that would be different, IMHO.

I guess the point is? We already have a problem populating our pro server. What is the "magic" equation to get that one populated?

IoW Fanboy
974 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:10 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Honestly, to try to get a pro server as populated as our pub is almost impossible. Its not unusual to see ET CoreBox, SNL, or RmC to be empty, i think we just need to aim for the goal that if one IoW guy gets on, it gets hopping quick. I think we need a SOLID etpro config with proadmin mod and such. Just ref doesn't cut it (i think?). All the maps we have offered are the maps that the Pro players play, TWL maps. We just need to get a good rotation and cut out the ones that aren't popular (reactor, secret weapon, delivery to name the few). But mainly, its gonna take a lot of participation from our members to get this server going if it ever does.

Download Post  No rating  
ShellShocked
Retired
Retired
14550 Points

USA US Kentucky
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:41 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

ihave asked nort soo many time to do them things karn ... and never got any thing .. but im sure that if our members that want stay off pub and just play our pro after we get them changes it would start to gain a player bace ... and omfg how many hr.s i have blew on them servers waiting for ppl to join up NEVER AGAIN

IoW Supporter
351 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:26 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

The SW versions are really no different, other then a couple mods. I wouldn't play them, just because I get enough of stock maps on the pub.

Our current TWL map server will never be as populated as SNL, and cores. This is because we lock the match server most of the time, and it discourages people from thinking to come back because it gets locked for matches. Another problem would be it's running the rup TWL config, eliminating that and adding an ETPro admin mod would create an SNL, RmC, core feel. The other pro server was recently changed to pro, so it was not a Pro TWL custom map server. It was the private pub.

My idea on getting it populated is do what SNL, RmC, and cores have done, keep it simple TWL style with no rup.

and Karni, delivery is a popular map, it's one of the fun ones on SNL.

5 Points

PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:32 pm   Post subject:  Nice Back to top 

ET PRO server, alright, as long as there arent any gay ass admins. And I believe im not on my own on this one according to some IOW members.

Retired
Retired
52130 Points

USA US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:34 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Always good to hear remarks from a non existent clan. Twisted Evil

5 Points

PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:40 pm   Post subject:  YAR! Back to top 

Damn right Biotch!

General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:11 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

First of all, why do you come here Kappy and post nothing but stupid bullshit for all your posts? Don't you have anything constructive to say? You're getting as bad as Frosty around here...

Despite your nonsensical ramblings, your ego and your quick resort to personal insults just make you look like a child. If you had any class or any maturity what-so-ever, you wouldn't have been banned 4 times from our server by the 'gay-ass admins', as you put it. If there are some IOW members that have a problem with keeping the likes of you off our server, I'd like to hear about it. Name names, don't be shy.

Noob
185 Points

Nigeria
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:53 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Karnivore wrote: › Honestly, to try to get a pro server as populated as our pub is almost impossible. Its not unusual to see ET CoreBox, SNL, or RmC to be empty, i think we just need to aim for the goal that if one IoW guy gets on, it gets hopping quick. I think we need a SOLID etpro config with proadmin mod and such. Just ref doesn't cut it (i think?). All the maps we have offered are the maps that the Pro players play, TWL maps. We just need to get a good rotation and cut out the ones that aren't popular (reactor, secret weapon, delivery to name the few). But mainly, its gonna take a lot of participation from our members to get this server going if it ever does.
I was up late once SNL was 16/18 players (2 private slots) I when i went to bed that night it was still full. That server is never empty.

Download Post  No rating  
razi
IoW Supporter
1696 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:07 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

SNL is empty during the day and lotta other random times at night...same with the etboxes

Download Post  No rating  
Karnivore
IoW Fanboy
974 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:17 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

You don't know what you are talking about rich.. they are not full or even resistant to being completely empty all the time. At least once a week each of them will be empty when i look at them.

Download Post  No rating  

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic