Discord
Arrow IoW Discord Server

Server Monitor

Searching

Advanced Search

Style Select
Script by webmedic, v1.0.5

security

phpBB Security ©  Has Blocked 2,349 Exploit Attempts.

IoW Custom Maps Server

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
Quizzle
Retired
Retired
20692 Points

Canada CA Alberta
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:47 am   Post subject:  IoW Custom Maps Server Back to top 

I think it's safe to say the custom maps server here is seldom used. (From what I see anyways).

I would like to suggest either keeping with the basketball map 24/7 or....

scrap the custom map Idea and make it ET Pro stock map server. Only stock maps, no customs (eventually you might consider one custom map or something).

Just my two cents on bringing life to the unused server. It would also be a great way for some of us Stock Map pubbers to get use to ET Pro.

I´m so.... Quizzled.
Download Post  No rating  
ShellShocked
Retired
Retired
14550 Points

USA US Kentucky
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:53 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

i agree with the pro idea .. would be nice to have a pub. pro server to call home .. with something like twl settings and no ready up bs

General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:57 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

I think that's going to become our QW server.

Retired
Retired
14550 Points

USA US Kentucky
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:59 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

well for now

IoW Regular
1711 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:24 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

yea make it pub pro for now thta way we dont have to lock and unlock our other server all the time. besides it just sits empty seems how its getting payed for we should use it.

974 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:43 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Right now anything is better than what it is now. I say go for it.

Download Post  No rating  
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:07 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

I agree, I wasn't say we shouldn't use it. I'm just sad the customs never caught on. Sad Ah well...It'll be nice to go back to having a password protected private server again anyway.

IoW Regular
4692 Points

Finland
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:43 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

There should be maps like frostbite, adlernest, tc base, supplydepot, sw goldrush, speacial delivery, braundorf, bremen etc.

No ready up, twl settings, the thing when you die, you will get message about his hp... No vote for map.

Damn i would be there 24/7!!! Wink

1696 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:59 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

ye it would be great to have a public server running etpro..however i hope that objective will be encouraged like the RmC server otherwise it will end up another CC pro server like etbox or snl.

Download Post  No rating  
Fuzzy Burrito
IoW Fanboy
9964 Points

Canada CA Ontario
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:01 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Nort is shaking his head in disgust as he reads this - not to say that I don't agree.

Noob
185 Points

Nigeria
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:04 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

ETpro players wont play stock maps. When i want to play stock maps i got to a jaymod/etpub server and rage every thing. When i want to play pro i want to make my shot better and prepare for a scrim or TWL.

Download Post  No rating  
JEWMAN
IoW Fanboy
14159 Points

USA US New York
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:08 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

my suggestion put the original 6 maps on pro because like quizzle sed it can get pub players in better shape for pro and make it a good transition. good way for iow pubs to get better

Download Post  No rating  
epIc
IoW Supporter
351 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:37 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Playing the stock maps wont be much different then playing the TWL maps. Sure people know the stock maps, but people that want to get into scrims and such will need to know these maps. I don't suggest a ETPro stock map server. It wont be populated.

Retired
20692 Points

Canada CA Alberta
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:01 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

epIc wrote: › Playing the stock maps wont be much different then playing the TWL maps. Sure people know the stock maps, but people that want to get into scrims and such will need to know these maps. I don't suggest a ETPro stock map server. It wont be populated.

I dunno man. Look at all the most popular Pub Servers. They have two major things going for them. XP Save and stock maps (No major downloads). My point is, some pubbers just dont play pro. Maybe this will be a good learning incentive for them. To play maps they already know and get in from there.

It can't hurt to try. Sorry if Nort hates the idea, but it can't be any worse than an empty server that no ones uses. (Hopefully Epic will be wrong and if the idea goes through that it will populate a little bit).

But it can't hurt to try right?

I´m so.... Quizzled.
Download Post  No rating  
Quizzle
Retired
Retired
20692 Points

Canada CA Alberta
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:17 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Hmmm I'll have to take that back about the most populated servers being only stock. There are a few customs thrown in now and there.

I´m so.... Quizzled.
Download Post  No rating  

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic