Discord
Arrow IoW Discord Server

Server Monitor

Searching

Advanced Search

Style Select
Script by webmedic, v1.0.5

security

phpBB Security ©  Has Blocked 2,349 Exploit Attempts.

Situation: Defending Battery with low numbers

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:18 pm   Post subject:  Situation: Defending Battery with low numbers Back to top 

I thought I would start a new series of postings to help spur discussions about ET tactics and strategy. In hopes to get some of the elite players to share some of their tactics with newer players.

This is the first of a series of situations I will post. If people show interest and this picks up, I will do more, and encourage other members to post their own situations.

For the purpose of discussion, these situations may feature unbalanced teams, or perhaps otherwise unrealistic situations. But remember, it's for discussion.

I'm not posting these as help for myself, but mearily to spur discussion. This is not necessarily a 'right' or 'wrong' answer type of discussion, I certainly don't want to encourge flaming here.

- Beck

------------------

Situation: Battery. Axis 3 players, Allies 4 or even 5 players. Assume all players 0 XP and close or equal skill level. Axis must defend Gun for 30 minutes (or is it 20, I don't remember).

When answering, consider the phases of the map, which classes the Axis should utilize, and where key players should be in order to achieve success.

-------------------

Beck's Strategy

Phases of the map: Phase 1: Axis maintain control of forward spawn. Phase 2: Allies have captured forward spawn.

Phase1: Axis spawn with 1 sniper, 1 field ops, 1 medic. Sniper takes up various positions around either the bunker or ridge area, but must take precaution for the inevitable onlooking allied sniper. This cat and mouse game is something I certainly enjoy partaking. The main objective of the covie is to certianly keep the ramp destroyed if it is built. Sometimes, if allies don't have snipers, I will play as a covie with fg-42, as to have that distance ability if needed, but also a punch in closeup shooting from the bunker or ridge on allies building the ramp. Obviously, fops should hammer parts and medic should keep everyone alive.

Phase 2: The forward spawn is lost. Let it go and concentrate on the base. Axis - 2 engies, 1 medic. This is a tough position because there is a huge possibility that allies will steal a uni during the ramp assualt and now you have two fronts to defend. That back door is huge for success here, and I would recommend axis split up and put one engie (possiblly with a rnade) at the back door. I usually don't just man the mg, but rather sit and listen for footsteps. Keep in communication with your team and sprint to the gun if needed! Axis med and engie should try and keep that second door to the hallway closed and stay in the stairs area to keep allies out. Good allied players can TJ into the upper room, so watch for the flank here. I like to sit in the room with the big generators with an rnade where you can catch allies coming around the corner, and protect both the stairs and the trap-door access (as well as the sneaky covie trying to satchel the generator.

If allies plant, dont' just run through the team door, don't rush into the fight. A favorite place for allies to wait to defend teh dyno is of course, the lower side rooms. Note, you can see through the floor into these rooms to see if there is any surprises waiting. I like to run into this area with a primed nade. Coming in from the lower stairs into these side rooms is sometimes more successful (remember the engie guarding the side door?) because the allies are usually looking toward the dyno area, ready to shoot the stupid axis engies that jump down with plyers in hand.

Bottom line: Stay off the beach and stay inside, and axis have a pretty damned good chance of winning this map!

IoW Regular
6971 Points

Ukraine
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:15 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

In the beginning of phase #1 I would exchange medic for engy so he can deploy some landmines (so many nice spots). As soon as he is done he can switch to medic.

Download Post  No rating  
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:18 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

mayol wrote: › In the beginning of phase #1 I would exchange medic for engy so he can deploy some landmines (so many nice spots). As soon as he is done he can switch to medic.

Very good point. Certainly on the ridge and by the door. But I hate when I'm playing axis and I hear "Command POst constructed". Stay inside and win!

Certainly situations, I will go out and plant mines on the back path, but only after axis have established a well defended ramp defense, and you perhaps have backup in case you get ambushed and leave your corpse in the back for CO pickup.

IoW Supporter
1361 Points

USA US New York
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:10 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

BECK wrote: ›
mayol wrote: › In the beginning of phase #1 I would exchange medic for engy so he can deploy some landmines (so many nice spots). As soon as he is done he can switch to medic.

Very good point. Certainly on the ridge and by the door. But I hate when I'm playing axis and I hear "Command POst constructed". Stay inside and win!

Certainly situations, I will go out and plant mines on the back path, but only after axis have established a well defended ramp defense, and you perhaps have backup in case you get ambushed and leave your corpse in the back for CO pickup.

I'd just plant mines near the first axis spawn. Not in the back. The back you are just asking to get raped. However in TWL, don't worry about them getting your UNI. If they do, you can just rape them coming in the door. And the door is dynomitable

1908 Points

Srilanka
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:06 pm   Post subject:  no Back to top 

In our server i dont think that the back door is dynoable. u cant blow it.

Download Post  No rating  

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic