Discord
Arrow IoW Discord Server

Server Monitor

Searching

Advanced Search

Style Select
Script by webmedic, v1.0.5

security

phpBB Security ©  Has Blocked 2,349 Exploit Attempts.

Chaining Dynomite

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:59 am   Post subject:  Chaining Dynomite Back to top 

Someone has come to our peaceful XP->Save server and introduced the "chaining dynomite" concept. Seems like just in the last 2 weeks or so this has been commonplace, especially on maps like Goldrush. Wanted to get the communities thoughts on it.

First, you may be asking WTF I'm talking about. From what I've been able to gather, chaining dynomite involves planting dynos in an area close to an objective, but not in the blast range of the objective (so you won't actually blow the barrier), but the idea is to then plant the actual dynomite in the blast range which will be destroyed with the first dynomite explodes, there-by destroying the objective.

Sounds cool, right?

I'm a bit divided. Though I do see it as a brilliant tactic for quickly destroying objectives, it's kind of cheap to hear "dynomite planted" and then BOOM immediately. The other team has absolutely no time to react to even attempt to disarm that dynomite. So in that regard, I really don't think it's a fair tactic. Since dynomiting objectives is pretty much the bread and butter of almost every stock map in this game, it really places an unfair burdon on the defending Axis team.

Question - is this an exploit? What to others feel about this? I know Pete is a big supporter and user of chaining. Don't get me wrong, I'm not bitching about it, just wanted to see if anyone else noticed that it just poped up out of no where and if anyone thinks it's unfair.

IoW Regular
1908 Points

Srilanka
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:04 am   Post subject:  not sure Back to top 

I donot think it ever happened to me. Rolling Eyes Any way it does sound cheap. Evil or Very Mad Unless i am doing it i hate this chaining dyno. Ok i am going to try it out. Jk. Yeah it sounds unfair.

Download Post  No rating  
Nervous
IoW Regular
8082 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:32 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

It's a really cool tactic, IMO. I don't see it as THAT big of an advantage. I mean the timer on the remote dyno still has to go 30 seconds right? It's just that you don't see it, necessarily. Since you don't get a warning that it was planted you get the warning right before the actual plant blows.

It seems that the engy must plant two dynos instead of one to accomplish the same goal. I understand that the real advantage would probably come with two engies, one planting each, and timed well. I still say that the defense's responsibility is to kill any engy at any time. If they get the plant down, using whatever tactic (except maybe a trick plant that can't be diffused), then it's the defense's fault for letting it happen. Defense usually has the advantage anyway. The engy doing either plant can't shoot while he's arming so the defense has a shot at preventing this tactic.

I'm sure there's more to it. So far, I say nice tactic.

P.S. I'm surprised Pete hasn't tried to get an engy to plant a dyno and see if he can set it off earlier by putting a sniper round into it Smile You know he just LOVES sniping. Wink

J

Download Post  No rating  
Nort
El Presidente
El Presidente
102938 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:44 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

myself i agree with the chaining dyno concept. for two reasons
One for the team trying to complete an objective, its fair to them, that they not giving out warnings saying "HEY WE PLANTED YOUR OBJECTIVE SO NOW YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO DISARM" and two they wouldnt get the plants to begin with if people stayed by the objectives to defend them anyway. Not the other peoples fault if everyone decides to run to someones spawn or what not, being a rambo killer and not watching the objectives. eventually perhaps people will learn that you can kill all you want, but not defending your objectives will lose ya the map.

Download Post  No rating  
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:02 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

In a perfect world, it should never happen, right?

I'm sorry, but I don't prescribe to what either Nort or Nervous said. Especially on a pub server. I might be the only engineer on my team, I can't be responsible for ensuring that a "secret" dynomite planted on the bridge on Goldrush doesn't also get planted, while also protecting the actual plant zones as well. Maybe I should rely on my team to do that, sure, but it's not realistic.

What I'm saying is - I hear "dynomite planted" then in 1 second "construct the tank barrier", then "the tank is past the second barrier". To me, that's bullshit, I have no time to even make an attempt to defend. Don't say I should just camp the barrier either. Even if I was camping, I might be dead and waiting to respawn when this happens cause I wasn't aware that the trigger dyno was planted on the bridge to begin with. Or, I might be constructing another objective or planting mines around the bank at the time.

Your assumptions assume a full team playing environment where everyone is protecting the objective, in full communication, staying in their zone and not advancing to the enemy spawn area just to get frags. You're not playing on our pub server obviously.

I still haven't read whether this is an exploit in the engine (such as TJ'ing) or if chaining dynomite was done by design. Anyone know? Isn't there a configuration do disable it?

GIven a map like Goldrush where the Axis have to defend the gold for 30 minutes, the ability to slow down the tank is severely comprimised with "covert planting" like this. How many times do you have 23 minutes to defend the gold? It's almost impossible in that case. Granted, there may be many reasons other than chaining which allowed the allies to expand this fast, but it certainly doesn't help.

@OMEGA - I understand. If it helps your team, brilliant. If you're bitten by it - HACKERY! Laughing

IoW Regular
8082 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:14 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

@Beck -
I'm not saying that it's not a little shady. However, if you ARE the only engy on defense on Goldrush, then A) your team is indeed quite stupid, and B) you, sir, have a deathwish.

Sometimes it's better to follow the "When in Rome" philosophy.

It's a game where anyone can join up on the server and most new players will always go Axis.

Ugh, I'll just buy another graphics card and come play on your team as a engy with ya. We can skip arm and arm to the barrier to die together as the rest of our noob team fights over the 3 panzers in spawn or global chats "needles/knives only". LOL

J

Download Post  No rating  
StEVoNuB420
Retired
Retired
52130 Points

USA US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:17 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

It's not a exploit,it comes standard with the new mod,along with kicking nades and airstrike cans,and also the needle power up. Not sure if it's possible to take it off by itself.

I am 2-sided with this,on one hand I have doen it myself along with other dynomite plants that boggle the shit outta some people on how to defuse them.Ex:Oasis.Or even plant dynos far enough that the tank rolls over them so they cannot be defused. But it is pretty cheap when used against u for the reasons that Beck has stated.It's not that hard to see when a first dyno is planted especially since they glow yellow and u can hear them like a time bomb from far away,especially if u have a headset.

Some good to minor teamwork is all u need to overcome this.

El Presidente
102938 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:26 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

it can be turned on/off i think nub was the one that told me to toggle it on to begin with when we first upgraded the etpub. same with kick the can and poison needle. On a side tangent kick the can ROCKS. i always forget about it, but the other day i was playing and someone threw an airstrike in at the axis 1st spawn on goldrush, and i had been thinking about the kick thing and how i always forget it. so anyway i remember it this time and i kicked the can under the roof by the axis CP. which effectively stopped the airstrike! i was like SWEET, i need to remember this kick stuff. imagine if i remember to kick on maps like battery, as an axis! or even as an allied.

Download Post  No rating  
StEVoNuB420
Retired
Retired
52130 Points

USA US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:44 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

LOL Kicking the airstrike can on Battery as Axis is freakin hilarious,especially with FF on.I had the pleasure of doing this once.I was able to kill the fucker that thru it and the 2 engis that were about to build the ramp.MUAHAHA Twisted Evil Laughing

1908 Points

Srilanka
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:07 pm   Post subject:  lol again Back to top 

It always gets me scolded by others when i kick. For i once kicked the freaking airstrike and 4 of my teammates died while i was alive. Well till a guy posioned me with his needle from behind. Embarassed Embarassed

Download Post  No rating  
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:22 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Nervous wrote: › We can skip arm and arm to the barrier to die together as the rest of our noob team fights over the 3 panzers in spawn or global chats "needles/knives only". LOL

J

LMAO - true, so true....I swear, I hate hearing "We need an engineer" when your team is full of medics and panzers. Well then, be a fricken engineer then, why do i always have to save the day?

IoW Supporter
372 Points

PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:28 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Its fine, as long as you have people defending and chain only works really on the gold rush and radar right? only place its useful is goldrush

you cant chain the guns
you cant chain the F dump

i see if fair and even once on the gold the barriers are destroyed still have the gold to get...!

and its hard too, you have to plant... hide for 20 secs then plant another run away fix the tank move it.... lot of work and that hide and plant again is hard... thats my 3cents =) my opinion matters more =) lol

Download Post  No rating  
Tangik
IoW Supporter
310 Points

USA US Alaska
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:30 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Chain dyno, I love it, I hate it... Great concept unless you are on axis and the only engi as Bexie said. With the new restrictions on the server with the panzers it should make a more intresting game IMO. But who knows.

Download Post  No rating  
Blade
Noob
35 Points

PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:40 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I tried it but i planted too far the second dyno.

StEVoNuB420
Retired
Retired
52130 Points

USA US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:52 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Like Matt said,it does require a lil skill. I have actually killed Matt in the same spot numerous times trying to arm that first dyno.Even b4 he finishes arming it,he usually has 2 bullets in his head and 10 in his back. Twisted Evil

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic