Discord
Arrow IoW Discord Server

Server Monitor

Searching

Advanced Search

Style Select
Script by webmedic, v1.0.5

security

phpBB Security ©  Has Blocked 2,348 Exploit Attempts.

Beck v. Microsoft

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
Poll :: Any notice a relationship btw Beck and the Microsoft-Vista Project?

Oh man! do i see it loud and clear, u gotta be blind not to notice
37%
 37%  [ 3 ]
Ehh, i dont see the relationship, yet.....
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
WTF! and i really mean, just WTF are u talkin about
50%
 50%  [ 4 ]
Voted : 0
Total Votes : 8

PistolPete
Retired
Retired
62486 Points

Poland US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:44 am   Post subject:  Beck v. Microsoft Back to top 

this thought just crossed my minds,

btw, if u dunno wtf im talkin about, read up a bit about micosoft's windows vista project

Oh and i forgot, Beck this is posted in the comedy section, so dont forgot that:)

OH! and on more thing, beck if u see lotta yes votes, u know that that's sad

EDIT: TO CLEAR UP CONFUSION, think about the delays with the windows vista, how microsoft kept promising that it will come out and it kept on gettin postponed. NOW, think about becks new website....

Last edited by PistolPete on Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:44 am; edited 1 time in total

Download Post  No rating  
PistolPete
Retired
Retired
62486 Points

Poland US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:45 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

dammit, spelling error, its pose to say

DOES ANYONE notice.....b

Download Post  No rating  
Matt5
IoW Supporter
372 Points

PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:54 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

btw :S by the way?

vista is shit dont really wanta read lol you can summarize though... its DRM loaded crap wear

by the way its you not u =) i cant read that internet lingo Razz lol..

Download Post  No rating  
PistolPete
Retired
Retired
62486 Points

Poland US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:45 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Matt5 wrote: › btw :S by the way?

vista is shit dont really wanta read lol you can summarize though... its DRM loaded crap wear

by the way its you not u =) i cant read that internet lingo Razz lol..

read my edit and perhaps ulll get it now

Download Post  No rating  
Matt5
IoW Supporter
372 Points

PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:00 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

still dont i'll try later after ive gone to sleep... unless someone wants to be like

idiot...... and explain... lol

Download Post  No rating  
Apparition
IoW Supporter
528 Points

Canada
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:53 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Quote: › EDIT: TO CLEAR UP CONFUSION, think about the delays with the windows vista, how microsoft kept promising that it will come out and it kept on gettin postponed. NOW, think about becks new website....

Pete, why don't you cut Beck a break. He put a lot of work into the site from what i've seen, it took time to test all the buttons and make sure every link works.. among other things i'm sure I don't know, like making sure the code was stable. I personally don't find the reference in your post especially funny. It doesn't matter if you're jokin around, its how you say it. Keep in mind Beck is doing this on his own time, why don't you cut down on the sarcasm and ..heh.. jokes at your clan member(s) expense.

Download Post  No rating  
Nort
El Presidente
El Presidente
102938 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:09 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

becks a good guy, im sure he will realize this was posted in fun Wink

Download Post  No rating  
StEVoNuB420
Retired
Retired
52130 Points

USA US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:29 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

And if he doesn't,then I guess Pete will get banned from the forums? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

El Presidente
102938 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:15 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

SWEET, BECK BANNING BINGE, it just sounds good even.

Download Post  No rating  
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:57 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Thanks for stickin up for me App. But I do have a sense of humor, so I'm not at all offended. But I might just ban Pete anyway, cause I'm funny like that Very Happy.

Actually...the site is coming THIS week. Thanks to Apparation for spending a lot of time turning switches, clicking buttons and generally running it through the ringer. Nort and Stev0 as well for their testing, I fixed a number of bugs that they found.

Apparition is right - I'm not going to post a piece of shit buggy site. There are levels of security on this thing that I wanted to ensure were right. The site content is almost 100% customizable from the website itself, so there are literally dozens of CGI forms and hundreds of variables getting transfered from page to page. It's a lot of work to ensure this happens properly. Couple that with I/O with the MySQL database and rendering of data on the screen after it's retreived. Then put a layer of security on all of it, a layer of admin only features, and you've got your site.

Let me state once more - cause I don't want people to get disappointed with the results - this is NOT A FLASHY FANCY STATE-OF-THE-ART page. My goal was function, not form. The feedback I've received from those who tested is that it works well, and generally looks nice. This is making me less apprehensive about raising the curtain for the world - but you gotta understand the amount of work I've put into this thing, you can't please everyone. And I'm sure there are those who are gonna think it's a stinky piece of crap and wonder why it took so long. Or even that they could've come up with something 10x better in less time. I don't know, but those are the realities of software development. And this is, a piece of software, it's not a cookie-cutter, code-by-dialog box page either. This is me writing raw PERL code in a text editor, with a bit of Javascript and CSS sprinkled in here and there.

Look at the Website thread later today for a preview, so you can be ready when you see the new site, possible tomorrow, but more likely Thursday.

El Presidente
El Presidente
102938 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:17 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

you cant reveal it thursday until after 3:30 pm central time. I will be at home at that time and can crack a beer for the occasion.

Download Post  No rating  
Anonymous
Noob
0 Points

PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:55 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

at least beck makes up for the sense of humor that app lacks

btw app, i know that beck has a personal life, with his work, family and all of that and i realize that he is doin that on his own time, u do not hafta to point that out to me

im sry u didnt c the humor in the poll that i thought existed, i was just pointin the delays vista had and the delays beck had with his site, i was not grillin him in anyway in that i REALIZE that he is doin this on his SPARE time

Download Post  No rating  
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:57 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Pete wrote: › at least beck makes up for the sense of humor that app lacks

btw app, i know that beck has a personal life, with his work, family and all of that and i realize that he is doin that on his own time, u do not hafta to point that out to me

im sry u didnt c the humor in the poll that i thought existed, i was just pointin the delays vista had and the delays beck had with his site, i was not grillin him in anyway in that i REALIZE that he is doin this on his SPARE time

Easy on App - he's a good guy too. We're all friends here! Very Happy

Retired
Retired
52130 Points

USA US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:58 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

I can only assume that was Pete. Razz

General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:04 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

StEVoNuB420 wrote: › I can only assume that was Pete. Razz

Yeah, i dunno wtf happened - it put his name when I quoted him....weird shit. Beck a bit scared now. Shocked

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic