Discord
Arrow IoW Discord Server

Server Monitor

Searching

Advanced Search

Style Select
Script by webmedic, v1.0.5

security

phpBB Security ©  Has Blocked 2,348 Exploit Attempts.

WTF Panzers

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
Poll :: Heavy weapons should...

Have a restriction to one of each weapon per team,
70%
 70%  [ 12 ]
Two of each weapon per team
29%
 29%  [ 5 ]
Voted : 0
Total Votes : 17

Fuzzy Burrito
IoW Fanboy
9964 Points

Canada CA Ontario
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:17 pm   Post subject:  WTF Panzers Back to top 

the thing is, i WAS playing. but 1/3 of the server (6 guys) were panzering. total bs when nooby 11 year olds out frag those with skill. we need some more strict heavy weapon restrictions. my personal favorite is one weapon of each type per team.

what u think?

ps. pete wanted me to add about arty whoring. so i guess there should be tighter restrictions on that too.

DISCUSS................NOW!

EDIT: the gay pole wont edit for the 3rd option "no restrictions". so if you want it left the way it is, simply post it

IoW Supporter
372 Points

PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:21 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

theirs a game wit no panzers or art omg

CS CZ HL

get those if u dont like the way ET is...

remember dont change the server or else pplz might not wanta come (just using wut every1 said when i recomended server mods...)

btw the nazis had panzer freaking squads... so its part of the game...

and wuts wrong wit art? many times i cant fire art since some1 else shot it off

so i say leave it freaking be... go to a server wit 1 panzer u will see some idiot noob gets it and just dies all the time... every1 fight for it etc...

Last edited by Matt5 on Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Download Post  No rating  
Frosty
Obsessed With IOW
Obsessed With IOW
118 Points

PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:18 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Panzers suck, 1 per team is a great idea

Download Post  No rating  
Quizzle
Retired
Retired
20692 Points

Canada CA Alberta
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:24 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

How about two per team?

I´m so.... Quizzled.
Download Post  No rating  
mayol
IoW Regular
6971 Points

Ukraine
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:31 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Dont change anything. There always be ppl who dont like particular things (panzers, medwhores, landmines, 1 shot sniper kills taking more than 100hp etc)

Download Post  No rating  
Quizzle
Retired
Retired
20692 Points

Canada CA Alberta
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:53 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

mayol wrote: › Dont change anything. There always be ppl who dont like particular things (panzers, medwhores, landmines, 1 shot sniper kills taking more than 100hp etc)

Well that's true but it also goes the other way around. There is usually discussion about changes. People will always disagree. But coming to an equal comprimise makes things better for both sides. Hence this post.

I´m so.... Quizzled.
Download Post  No rating  
mayol
IoW Regular
6971 Points

Ukraine
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:05 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

@Quizzle

I see your point. However the word compromise implies efforts from several sides of barricades. Here I see only one sided discussion, i.e. a group of people who dont like panzers want to limit their usage. At the same time they are not willing to limit advantages of their own favorite classes.

Download Post  No rating  
DarkStrike
IoW Regular
10684 Points

USA US New Hampshire
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:54 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

well, we see where matt's vote lies, no restrictions.

But why do we want huge panzer noobs in our server anyways? I mean seriously. It ruins the game.

And @matt5 the panzer squads werent ANTI PERSONEL SO IT TECHNICALLY IS A FLAW IN THE GAME. Panzershrecks were used to disable enemy vehicles, not to blow up a single enemy. If you did that then you would get chewed out by your CO. And if HL means Half-Life the actual game then your wrong, Half-Life does have a laser guided rocket launcher in it.

Download Post  No rating  
RegBarclay
Noob
1 Points

PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:16 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I'm not seeing a don't restrict it option here...

Lots of FPS have rocket launchers. This game isn't realistic anyway.

Download Post  No rating  
mehause
IoW Regular
385 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:38 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Limiting all heavy weapons is a mistake imo, limiting Panzer and mortar is a good idea. The reason being, when both are properly executed, the other team cannot leave their spawn on any map (this includes inddor areas)

BTW, mortoring indoors is a fun thing to try. Be in one room and shoot the mortor into the other room and calls of "h4x, you can't shoot that indoors," ensues.

Download Post  No rating  
Matt5
IoW Supporter
372 Points

PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:58 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

@ dark and it never took more then 5 hits to *kill* some1 but it does im just saying they did have a larg number of panzers...

i never *player* HL lol installed it but meh... so did not know...
still got CS n CZ i mean its not a 'panzer' now is it? on HL lol

@mehause...

wut map cant u leave spawn? battey axis can if they move fast...

gold rush axis have a few ways out... get a brain and go the other way....

i aint seen much mortoring on oasis but again back way out...

IMHO i dont see it THAT big of a deal its not often a team is all panzers...

Download Post  No rating  
PistolPete
Retired
Retired
62486 Points

Poland US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:31 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Matt5 wrote: › ol

@mehause...

well then u havent played on a server that some of our members raided yesterday, they had a guy from .da clan on allies that had a spawn timer, this was during the gold rush map, and he killed people that spawned non stop, it was fuckin crazy, u spawn and since the spawn shield sucked, it was like a sec, u died non stop, so it goes on that nort starts callin the other dude a damn noob, since he was, we challenged them to a scrim, twl style

Download Post  No rating  
Matt5
IoW Supporter
372 Points

PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:37 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

ya but 1sec IOW has like 3sec so... different story... just wit wut i seen i dont see to much mortor spawn killing... battery has a ton but thats about it... i was just on and i dont think any1 was a panzer...

Download Post  No rating  
Quizzle
Retired
Retired
20692 Points

Canada CA Alberta
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:50 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

I honestly don't see the problem with how the panzers and heavy weapons are set up right now. I have no problem going up against a panzer user. There are tactics to use against them, sometimes they don't work I guess and I can see why people think they are annoying.

Just remember, every class has their disadvantages and their advantages it's up to you to utilize these weakness and strengths.

I´m so.... Quizzled.
Download Post  No rating  
mehause
IoW Regular
385 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:02 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Matt5 wrote: ›
@mehause...

On gold rush it only takes 2 mortars to keep the Axis pinned down in there base, because you can hit both exits and with lvl 4 heavy weapons and the cp, you can constantly hit those 2 spots.

On battery, again only have to hit 2 spots (not the actual spawn but right outside), to keep them pinned down which would cause them to use the alternate spawn point (which I have also seen camped with mortars, yes I know its indoors).

Its not going to hit you every single time, but it will cripple enough of your team that there is no chance for victory and no chance for fun. I honestly cannot think of one map on the current rotation where a mortar shield tactic will not cripple the other team. Maybe before calling someone stupid, you should broaden your horizons and use a little thought process before flaming someone.

Download Post  No rating  

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic