Discord
Arrow IoW Discord Server

Server Monitor

Searching

Advanced Search

Style Select
Script by webmedic, v1.0.5

security

phpBB Security ©  Has Blocked 2,348 Exploit Attempts.

The official "GOOMBA SUCKS" thread.....

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
Poll :: Goomba?

Gay feature says what? (get rid of it!!!!)
41%
 41%  [ 10 ]
Goomba is useful and should be stay because it really doesn't cause excessive tks it just appears to.....
25%
 25%  [ 6 ]
I could care less.....
33%
 33%  [ 8 ]
Voted : 1
Total Votes : 24

Nilla
IOW Anger Managment
1037 Points

USA US Minnesota
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:59 am   Post subject:  The official "GOOMBA SUCKS" thread..... Back to top 

So.....after putting up with this ridiculously ruined feature in pub....I think we need to OFFICIALLY vote on the goomba options. So here is the vote.....yes no or otherwise.....

ICE

Download Post  No rating  
LUDA
IoW Supporter
546 Points

USA US Missouri
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:29 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

i agree - the goomba kill causes way more team damage than opponent - if you have the drop on an enemy looking at the top of his head - you should be shooting anyways - 2-3 hs and he's down

nowhere in real life does someone explode if you jump on their back - this isn't mario brothers lol

3048 Points

USA US Indiana
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:48 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

lol just an observation but your saying that a goomba is ridiculous because its unrealistic yet 2 to 3 hs is more realistic. I'm pretty sure one hs is gonna put anybody down....right. The whole game is pretty unrealistic. And there have been instances where the goomba has saved my ass. Running out of ammo trying to capture the bunker in radar, Planting a dyno in AA guns of Oasis and then jumping out onto incoming engi's head thereby giving no chance of a revive, etc. Yeah sometimes noobs accidently jump on teammates heads but its just like ff. I mean should we ban that too? And the coolest part of the goomba is sucessfully executing one on another good player. muahahahah Maximum pwnage. What I dont like about the goomba is when you rnade, nade, or panzer someone and there freaking dead body flys back at you and kills you. That really pisses me off, but ... just part of the game. gtg later

Download Post  No rating  
StEVoNuB420
Retired
Retired
52130 Points

USA US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:58 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I agree with Alka.There are few times when this game makes me laugh and goombas are one of those.Followed closely by a good knife kill or when a panzer misses u at point blank range. Tru when people crowd up on a ladder and they are trying to get down the other guy goombas u,but oh well it happens.I say keep it.

803 Points

Columbia
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:16 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I don't mind goomba kills when it's a big fall onto someone's head...what pisses me off is when you get a kill falling like a foot onto the other player's head ...it's gay

x.

185 Points

Nigeria
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:45 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

The only time i play etpub is when its on goldrush or some other halfway decently optimized map. But i fine it an extremely annoying feature so i voted it to be taken off.

Download Post  No rating  
KerpZ
IoW Supporter
749 Points

India US Florida
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:14 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I do not like it. I get killed by it a lot.

Download Post  No rating  
mayol
IoW Regular
6971 Points

Ukraine
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:08 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Goomba is fun! I have once goombed 3 people at once. I do not mind being goombed by enemies.. it usually puts a smile on my face Wink

As to goomba tks.. I can live with that. I'm not saint myself and tk ppl every once in a while.

Download Post  No rating  
Hobbs_Duke
IoW Supporter
2722 Points

USA US New Hampshire
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:03 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I don't mind the goomba I just don't like the exploding people bit of it I think it would be better if you die but not gib. so a med can revive you ET Medic

Download Post  No rating  
Fuzzy Burrito
IoW Fanboy
9964 Points

Canada CA Ontario
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:31 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Alkaline wrote: › Yeah sometimes noobs accidently jump on teammates heads but its just like ff.

Noobs don't jump on peoples' heads. Trickjumpers jump on noobs' heads because they fail to stay in the slow-lane while we are strafe-jumping at 400ups and they run at 50 or w/e.

Alka...again wrote: › The whole game is pretty unrealistic.

I know I've said this in another thread way, way back, "A realistic game would not be enjoyable. Realism is not a legitimate argument."

Possible settings... g_goombaFlags [integer]
Code: › 1 Cannot do goomba damage to teammates
2 Short falls (hopping) on another player does no damage.
4 Short falls (hopping) does no damage to teammates. (not necessary if 1 or 2 flag is set)
8 Falling player recieves no damage when landing on any other player. (default is to recieve 20% of the damage the fall would have given if not landing on a player).
16 Insta-gib goomba. All goomba damage will be 500HP regardless of fall distance. The exception is hopping on anther player which still does 5HP of damage.

We have 16, which is balls. ATLEAST set it with 16 AND 1 so no one of innocence will suffer.

Retired
Retired
16243 Points

Poland
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:37 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

What I hate about gommba is that when you kill smn for example at ammos, his body hang on ammo crates and then gombs you. BULLSHIT.

But I remember once that I shot Alka or Widow with an rnade on railgun, he was fired up in the air but on an extremaly small angle and gommbed my mate who was standing next to him. I thought I would piss and laugh out. Was sweet.

I don't know if I want it here. It's max fun but pissing off sometimes.

Download Post  No rating  
HalfBaked
Retired
Retired
108 Points

PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:48 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Goomba is no big deal to, but isn't there a way to turn off team damage just from Gommba?

I played on a server before where poison needles would instantly explode you like the goomba. Just one poke and you explode Confused All you had to do as a med was adren and run into spawn. Could take out like 4 peeps easy.

Download Post  No rating  
LUDA
IoW Supporter
546 Points

USA US Missouri
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:54 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

realism is not the objective but the limitation - this game is fairly realistic - movement stamina health reviveable - it's not like we can all just fly around - and the fact that jumping on someone makes them explode is just absurd to me - completely out of the expected tweaked configs that realistic competitive play would be on

but that's just my opinion - i say we vote on it for agreement

3048 Points

USA US Indiana
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:38 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

@whor There are other times where noobs do jump on my head and it pisses me off. Not just where some peeps are tj'n. Like when I'm freaking planting dyno on the stairs by axis spawn on gold rush and some asshole doesnt take a look and just jumps down stairs. God that one pisses me off. There are others but I gtg. laters

Download Post  No rating  
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:14 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Gosh, I can count on 1 hand the number of times I've been TK goombad. I don't think it's really a problem...

I agree with Stev0 - for the most part, it's funny as hell when it happens.

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic