Discord
Arrow IoW Discord Server

Server Monitor

Searching

Advanced Search

Style Select
Script by webmedic, v1.0.5

security

phpBB Security ©  Has Blocked 2,349 Exploit Attempts.

medics only

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
Nervous
IoW Regular
8082 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:34 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Quizzle wrote: › Tell what you guys think, do you think it's good for a medic to run to a downed player revive him, even if he knows he will die doing so?

It depends on the situation. If it's one guy, or even 2, a juiced med shooting 40+ with 15% hs should shoot the two attackers first. You must know the guys on the other team and know who you are reviving. If you are reviving a seriously great player, then maybe if you are reasonably low on health and close. If it's a med that's down, then yeah not a bad move. If it's an engy and you're close to the objective or behind enemy lines then yeah revive.

Knowing your team and the enemy is the only way to answer this question. For example, I just killed one or two folks, and I'm middle to low health, and I know Shell, Nort, Kappin, etc (someone of that caliber is the man down). If I'm close, I'm going to revive them. If it's Joe Pub, or someone I know shoots 35 or less, I'm probably going to dive around some cover to get at least one pack and then turn right back around the corner with guns blazing. Frequently with two people attacking, your technique to evade can actually line them up so it's easier to hit both of them or them to hit each other.

If you have a chance to heal 2-3 guys in a group and you are level 3 med (full revive), then always go for that. Plus you can use them for a little cover if you aren't dead as they are invincible for a second or two. Reviving with less than full revive would be silly IMO in that situation.

J

Download Post  No rating  
ShellShocked
Retired
Retired
14550 Points

USA US Kentucky
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:11 pm   Post subject:  Re: medics only Back to top 

topic is gone ? well if so and its not just me (if it is you can delete this, beck) i will repost something similar to the original. just for the new reg's and members.

Be a good basic soldier
A team has to count on it's medics being able to fight and move just as effectively as anyone else. You need to practice the basics skills until they become second nature to you. Being a medic is never an excuse for being a drag on the rest of the team.

Be aggressive.
Team mates are not getting wounded because they're hiding in safe, comfortable places. They're taking hits and dying because they're in harm's way. In order for you to effectively support your team, that means that you too, must go into harm's way.
Stay where the attack or defense is going to be the fiercest. People at the back won't need medic support nearly as much as your team mates in contact with the enemy.
Find the people who are low on health and deliver med packs to them. Don't wait for them to call you or come looking for you. A good medic delivers med packs just as his teammate thinks about reaching for the the medic key. You want to keep their guns facing the enemy, not looking for you.
If a team mate is down and there is a reasonable chance to get to him, take it. Naturally, this level of comfort will vary from medic to medic. Sometimes, a little bit of cover fire is all you need to give you that extra time to reach and revive a down comrade. STAY AWARE of where your team mates are shooting. Nothing sucks worse than beginning a sprint to a fallen buddy, only to run right into your team's crossfire. Communnications here is critical.
Don't be afraid to fight in order to get to fallen buddies. This is especially true if you are either very far from your spawn point or the down player is mission critical (e.g., engineers at the objective). This is one reason why all medics need to possess solid combat skills.
DON'T be a wuss. The team has to be able to count on you to get into the thick of things when the going gets rough.
DON'T be overaggressive. This will also vary from medic to medic, but remember that your primary job is to heal and revive other players, not to rack up frags. A couple of extra frags under your belt doesn't mean squat if it means leaving your team without medic support?

Be proactive
Use the HUD and the crosshair health meter to constantly scan the health status of your teammates

Get to injured teammates and feed them health packs before they need to call you. Ideally, you're behind someone and feeding them health packs just as the reach for the 'I need a medic" key
Figure out which teammates are going to be in the line of fire. Drop health packs right behind them so that as they get hit, they get pushed back onto the med pack
Position yourself where you can quickly reach the people who will probably die first. Save up your stamina for a quick sprint, revive, and retreat.

Practice your revivals
Revivals require a quick hand and a sharp eye to revive someone and then be off before the enemy can shoot you.

Crouch over the body when reviving. You'll be more accurate and will present a smaller target
While you can revive anywhere on the body - aim for center of mass. Wait until you see the hand symbol and then aim for the area between the crotch and the chest.
Practice on a friend to get a good feel for where you should be standing to make 100% of your needle sticks effective.
Recognize the sound of success. If a revival was successful, you will hear a grunt. You don't have to wait for the other player to get up first.
Be proficient at hitting someone on the run. You never want to stop and make yourself an easy target
If you miss the first time, don't stop, circle back around
When you have multiple teammates down, try to get multiple people up first (very situation dependant). Don't revive one person and feed them 4 med packs while other teammates are down. Get everyone up and then distribute health.
Don't develop tunnel vision on reviving downed teammates
While reviving teammates is a critical function, maintain an awareness of what else is going on in the game. Delivering a med pack COULD be meaningless if the enemy is about to capture the last objective and win the game.

If an enemy is about the capture or complete a game-changing objective, your first priority should be preventing the enemy from completing their objective
If path from the respawn point is narrow, don't stop in the middle of it to revive a downed team mate. If you do this, you'll block everyone else. Instead, get out of the way. let everyone else get past you, and then go back to take care of the injured. Chances are, he'll still be there.

Understand the TK-Revive
Caveat:This is not for everyone. Some people simply choose not to do this because they feel it is not in the spirit of the game. That is a decision that you have to make. This technique should also be used judiciously and only with people who understand what you are doing. In most public servers, people may just think that you are a TK'er and not realize you are doing this for their benefit. However, everyone should understand the TK-revive and why medics do this:

Medics actually lose points for a TK-Revive. (-3 points for the TK, +2 points for the revive = net -1 points)
The TK revive is the fastest way to bring someone up to maximum health
Consider someone with 20 health. I could feed him 4 health packs and bring him back to 100 points. I have a fully healed teammate and I am totally out of med packs
Alternatively, I can shoot him in the head, IMMEDIATELY revive him, which brings him back to 60 health, then feed him 2 health packs which also brings him back to 100 health, but now I have 2 more packs that I can give to someone else.
Consider a situation where I have 2 wounded comrades. I can TK-revive both, distribute 2 med packs a piece, and now I have 2 fully healed teammates, where I could only raise the two to 60 health a pice using only medpacks
This technique (depending on medic skill) should probably not be done when the target is under fire. The primary risk of this technique is that you will die before you can complete the revive, so you just have to be careful about when you do this.

IoW Regular
15244 Points

USA US New York
Currently banned
Currently banned
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:15 pm   Post subject:  Re: medics only Back to top 

I did not read everything yet but i get

"No posts exist for this topic"

On page 2-3

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic