Discord
Arrow IoW Discord Server

Server Monitor

Searching

Advanced Search

Style Select
Script by webmedic, v1.0.5

security

phpBB Security ©  Has Blocked 2,348 Exploit Attempts.

Bad Grandpa

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:59 am   Post subject:  Bad Grandpa Back to top 

Yup, I saw it. It was hysterical. Definitely laughed myself until I was coughing in the theater.

For those who like the Jackass movies, its right up your alley. However, this is different, its not just a bunch of crazy guys doing stupid stunts and filming them. This movie "kinda" has a plot to it. Its a strange mix of a pseudo-storyline about a grandpa who is taking his grandson across the country to live with his dad after this mom has to go to jail. Along the way, the grandpa gets into all sorts of bad situations. These situations appear to be via hidden camera, where the joke is on the grandpa and the funny part is generally the reaction that he gets from non-suspecting people who just happen to be there. For the most part, it appears the hidden camera stuff is legit, as it is hard to garner true reactions from bystanders who aren't actors. The closing credits of the movie also features producers walking into the room and announcing they're in a movie and this was all a stunt.

Anyway ---- the "stunts" themselves are pretty damn hilarious. From grandpa stripping down in an all-black male strip club, to his feeble attempts to hit on chicks on the streets, and a farting contest that goes horribly wrong in the middle of a crowded restaurant. Its gag inducing, uncomfortable at times but always hilarious to watch. Probably the funniest part of the movie is near the end, the grandson gets in on the act and dresses as a young beauty queen and performs in a pageant --- it's very "little miss sunshine" if you've ever seen that movie. Nuff said LOL. As part of the on-going "plot", turns out that grandma just died a few days earlier and they're also taking her body in the trunk along for the ride. Some of the gags involve them dragging the body around in public and even getting people to help them carry the wrapped corpse. Anyway -- its probably worth a watch if you want to laugh your ass off. I had to convince my wife to go to it (turns out in the town we were visiting that night, there was one movie theater and one movie....this) and she really didn't want to go, but she laughed as well. Definitely a dude movie though LOL. If you see it with your women, at least you get to laugh at her cringes and her reaction as well.

Senior Admin
Senior Admin
104308 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:32 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Seen it. I was laughing throughout the whole thing LOL

Retired
32504 Points

USA US New Hampshire
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:52 am   Post subject:  Re: Bad Grandpa Back to top 

I'ma turn this into a funny old man thread. take your Bad grandpa and counter it with my Duck Dynasty:

El Presidente
El Presidente
102912 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:55 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

going to see it friday....

Download Post  No rating  
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:32 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Its fuckin hysterical Nort. You'll like it!

General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:42 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Nort -- what'jya think?

Senior Admin
Senior Admin
104308 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:43 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

You gonna fuckin fix that penguin bra

El Presidente
102912 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:05 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

I loved it. laughed my ass off. My friend and his GF went with. He was skeptical he would like it, but was thanking me for making him go at the end of it!

Cinnamon.. Face was ok, but the body was smoking!

Download Post  No rating  
Nort
El Presidente
El Presidente
102912 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:05 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Btw - i did get online friday when i got back. but server was empty by 11:30 that night Sad

Download Post  No rating  
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:39 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

yeah died out quick. Started earlier than usual. I left around that time but there was still like 10 people on, so IDK man

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic