Discord
Arrow IoW Discord Server

Server Monitor

Searching

Advanced Search

Style Select
Script by webmedic, v1.0.5

security

phpBB Security ©  Has Blocked 2,349 Exploit Attempts.

for venom

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
PumpkiN
Retired
Retired
102492 Points

Estonia
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:07 am   Post subject:  for venom Back to top 

in your enemy territory folder, search all subfolders for "autoexec.cfg", if you find one, delete it. make sure you do not have any files called autoexec.cfg anywhere in the et folder.

make a copy of the cfg that you use (the one that you keep having to execute when you enter the game) and save it as "autoexec.cfg" in the ETMAIN folder.

join a server (whatever mod) and be happy that you no longer have to execute that damned cfg file ever time! woot!!

Download Post  No rating  
JvIasterMind
Retired
Retired
55792 Points

USA US Minnesota
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:40 am   Post subject:  Re: for venom Back to top 

PumpkiN wrote (View Post): ›
in your enemy territory folder, search all subfolders for &quot;autoexec.cfg&quot;, if you find one, delete it. make sure you do not have any files called autoexec.cfg anywhere in the et folder.

make a copy of the cfg that you use (the one that you keep having to execute when you enter the game) and save it as &quot;autoexc.cfg&quot; in the ETMAIN folder.

join a server (whatever mod) and be happy that you no longer have to execute that damned cfg file ever time! woot!!

There is also a slight possibility that there are other autoexec files that are named like "autoexec_???.cfg" that may need to be deleted as well. And PumpkiN has a typo in his post. Name the file "autoexec.cfg" (not autoexc.cfg). Edit: Looks like PumpkiN already fixed it!

Download Post  No rating  
Venom
Senior Admin
Senior Admin
104308 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:20 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I tried doing this, I only have 1 autoexec.cfg in my etmain folder and deleted my other ones in each mod folder, and pump told me to put in customaspect 1 customheight and customwidth so I did.

Started up ET, it was still default. So I manually exec autoexec.cfg and it worked! Restarted the game, still back at default.

So somehow autoexec.cfg isn't autoexec'ing.

Gotta go to work, ill be on around 8pm PST tonight.

Retired
102492 Points

Estonia
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:52 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

might also want to re-iterate the whole point of this.. we both had similar symptoms: start up et and it would load default resolution. we would then need to execute the config to get the resolution to fix itself.

i was able to solve my issue with what i posted, he has not had as much luck.

a thing to note, we both tried checked to see if autoexec was loaded when game loads by changing sens in the file, loading game and checking sens in game. turns out the autoexec file is not loaded during game startup..

brings up the question of when is autoexec actually loaded?

and also why did this solve my issue and not his when the symtoms were identical?

Download Post  No rating  
miller
Retired
Retired
40315 Points

USA US Massachusetts
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:31 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

is there a windows equivalent to chmox a+r?

BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:06 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

attrib +r

know what chmod is, not sure what chmox is though?

Senior Admin
Senior Admin
104308 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:28 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

!wtf @ beck and miller?

I noticed when I start up the game, open up console when I get into the game, I scroll up, it says r_mode "4" 800x640 or something..... where in the fuck is ET getting this r_mode from? Or is that just the default. I'm at a loss as to what to do.

Retired
102492 Points

Estonia
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:52 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

they are talking about a linux command "chmod" (at least beck is) that just changes permissions of a file. it might be the case that the file does not have executable permissions.. (maybe read? i dont know that notation of a+r.. i just know the octal form..)

the r_mode is what i was forgetting that one day when we were talking on xfire. in addition to the three, you should set r_mode to -1 (that means custom)

also here is a cool reference i just found Very Happy

http://www.antman.info/wolf/cvar/

Download Post  No rating  
Venom
Senior Admin
Senior Admin
104308 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:39 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

I had it originally set to r_mode -1 but would crash due to openGL wouldnt go to 1980x whatever out of silent mod. and I would have to do it twice, i guess it would set to default on the second try and start up on default resolution. It would work on the seond 'Join Game' from xfire.

Last edited by Venom on Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:41 am; edited 1 time in total

Senior Admin
104308 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:40 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

I guess what im gonna have to do is, delete my autoexec.cfg and my etconfig.cfg and start from scratch to see if it fixes it like pumpkin, maybe pumpkin send me your autoexec.cfg and ill use that to see if it works.

Retired
102492 Points

Estonia
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:43 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

i never deleted any of my etconfig files.. i know from experience though, that etconfig files get overwritten every time you exit the game so any modifications made in there are lost.

here is what is kind of confusing me about your situation. when we first started talking about this, you said that you had no resolution stuff in your config, so i told you to add those three lines etc..

but at the same time you said that if you executed your config, it would fix the resolution issue..

im just trying to figure out how in the world that would be possible..

Download Post  No rating  
Venom
Senior Admin
Senior Admin
104308 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:23 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Fixed:

Why it wasn't working, I had r_mode "-1" and r_customheight and r_customwidth but not r_customaspect. So I deleted r_mode and left it out, then pump told me to add the customaspect and I didnt redo the r_mode. So I just put r_mode -1 in my config and it works now.

Retired
102492 Points

Estonia
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:54 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

glad to hear you got it figured out!

Download Post  No rating  

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic