Discord
Arrow IoW Discord Server

Server Monitor

Searching

Advanced Search

Style Select
Script by webmedic, v1.0.5

security

phpBB Security ©  Has Blocked 2,348 Exploit Attempts.

the Walking Dead thread

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:44 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

LOL - we watched S3:9 and S3:10 last night, so only one more episode and we're caught up.

Yeah, this last episode was especially maddening for me. I agree with you Stev0 - I love the show, but sometimes I just have to laugh at the bad writing, but it doesn't spoil it for me, I still watch it.

Spoilers: 

....for example - the people in the town are all scared and packing up to leave. They are demanding to go out and "take their chances" in the wild. The governer is keeping his distance, there is an angry mob outside, and andrea goes out there and gives this silly speech that's like, 30 second long. By the time it's over, everyone is smiling and feels better about it so they stay.......wow, she must be a REALLY amazing orator. Laughing Like I said,I love the show, but this whole miraculous transformation of the town people was a bit rushed I guess. But yeah, I get it - they only have 44 minutes to move a story forward.

Spoilers: 

Damn. Two episodes of crazy Rick - then he snaps out of it for the two episodes where they assault the town to save their people. Kick ass, normal Rick is back. Then the next two episodes he starts seeing his dead wife again and goes crazy.....I hate crazy Rick FFS....

Spoilers: 

Another thing. THIS DROVE ME NUTS! Going back to the season 2 finale. You know - Rick has to kill Shane because Shane is going to kill him. So he kills crazy Shane in SELF DEFENSE basically, right. He tells this to Lori, who two episodes before that is practically begging Rick to kill Shane, and SHE gets MAD AT HIM? FOR DEFENDING HIMSELF??? WTF!!! This was just inexplicable to me.

IoW Supporter
8016 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:35 pm   Post subject:  Re: the Walking Dead thread Back to top 

I like the comic book version and the tv show version of the series. Both are different from each other but keeping some similarities in it as well.

Spoilers: 
I don't know how the zombie apocalypse would truly turn out. Would people be so stoked to have other living people around them that they wouldn't fight one another? Or would there be mass raiding and killing for supplies? One thing is for sure, they aren't doing what I would be doing in their situation. No rules, that prison yard would be so heavily booby trapped it wouldn't even be funny. As well, they have a lot of options from a prison to take higher ground to trade fire from. Prison's were designed do that people couldn't break out or into them. Most have yard space in the middle of them were prisoners can get outside air and light without being exposed to the outside world. As to keep prisoners from making gestures and what not to the public. Why not grow a bunch of food in the center and guard it. Seems like it would be totally possible to create a gnarly stronghold that basic firearms would never make it through.

It's okay, everyone's dying in the next few episodes anyways.

=================================================
Download Post  No rating  
Sir Sux-A-Lot
Admin
Admin
38083 Points

France US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:55 am   Post subject:  Re: the Walking Dead thread Back to top 

replying to 2stowned, comic spoilers inside
Spoilers: 
see, that's what I meant, the show is just a dumb version of the comic because they do start growing a garden in the prison in the book and they use the tower + Andrea's uber sniping skill to defend the prison. She basically stops the first Woodberry attack just by herself until they decide to send a truck in the fence.

Download Post  No rating  
.2stOWNED
IoW Supporter
8016 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:24 am   Post subject:  Re: the Walking Dead thread Back to top 

I hear that, I told my friend about what was happening in the comic book vs the tv show at this point in the season and he was like oooooh noooo. lol I had to tell him that it might not happen since the show and comic have been slightly different. But I did tell him my predictions.

comic vs tv show spoiler

Spoilers: 
I am happy that the tv series didn't have Dale and Andrea sleeping like in the comic book. As well, the brothers Merel and Daryl make great additions to the show. I was bummed when T-dog got taken out on the show in the prison but totally wasn't expecting a lot of what the tv show did to pull away from the comic book.

I wonder if the governor is going to roll up with a tank or if that parts of the comic is gonna be left out? Can't wait to catch this next episode. I think they are gearing up to do the prison invasion with Rick, Mechone, and Carl all leaving the prison it seems like a perfect time to intertwine the comic and tv show back on course.

Wondering when Mechone is gonna get slutty too? I was kinda excited to see some intergroup drama because of sexual relations with multiple people in the same group. Adds that little twist eh. In the TV show we aren't seeing it, but I was kinda hoping Mechone and Andrea would start hooking up. Wink Always down to watch that though I don't think either of them are over a 5 or 6 on a scale of 1-10.

Also, I wonder if any of them are going to bug out back to the farm like in the comic book? Almost seemed like a few of them were down to peel out. The farm didn't seem like to bad of a spot till the hoards came walking through. This next episode is gonna be interesting for sure.

Download Post  No rating  
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:21 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

IoW Supporter
8016 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:35 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

wonder what the next season is gonna bring forward.

Download Post  No rating  
Sir Sux-A-Lot
Admin
Admin
38083 Points

France US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:28 am   Post subject:  Re: the Walking Dead thread Back to top 

I was very disappointed with that season finale

Spoilers: 
all that build up for nothing

Download Post  No rating  
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:47 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Yeah, the stretched that thing out for 5 or 6 episodes and it fizzled in the pan at the end.

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic