Discord
Arrow IoW Discord Server

Server Monitor

Searching

Advanced Search

Style Select
Script by webmedic, v1.0.5

security

phpBB Security ©  Has Blocked 2,348 Exploit Attempts.

the Walking Dead thread

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
Sir Sux-A-Lot
Admin
Admin
38083 Points

France US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:37 pm   Post subject:  the Walking Dead thread Back to top 

Surprised there is no thread about it yet

Certainly some of you watch the AMC show?

Maybe even some of you read the book?

And maybe there some like me who also play the adventure game on top of it all?

I discovered the book back in 2005 or so when in France. I was immediately hooked and it's been pretty much amazing for 100+ issues but I'm not sure how much longer it's going to last

The show has been MEH the first 2 seasons. the 3rd one that started a few weeks ago is pretty great so far, altho not perfect

Download Post  No rating  
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:48 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I started watching it on Netflix, but the video and audio sync was so bad we couldn't stand watching it. Gonna try again soon though.

Senior Admin
Senior Admin
104308 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:31 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I already made the game thread. I watch it, never read the comic books.

14566 Points

USA US New Hampshire
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:44 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I have enjoyed watching this tv show. It is one of the first tv shows in a few years that has sparked my interest enough to be excited for it every Sunday night, granted i foresee the third season being a very weak season and loosing tons of fan base. But thats just my opinion. Otherwise i have really enjoyed watching it, i had watched seasons 1/2 in one day and then watched episodes 1/2 of season 3 in the next.

Senior Admin
104308 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:56 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

DarkJester59 wrote (View Post): ›
i foresee the third season being a very weak season and loosing tons of fan base. But thats just my opinion.

Anyone who is a fan won't stop watching.

Admin
38083 Points

France US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:16 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

that's funny you say that Jester because I don't remember the first 2 seasons to be that good.

However I'm surprised by this season so far.

IoW Regular
14566 Points

USA US New Hampshire
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:55 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Really i cannot stop laughing at bad acting, maybe im just being overly critical about it recently but i wont stop watching it since i am a fan.

8016 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:10 pm   Post subject:  Re: the Walking Dead thread Back to top 

It was a good season. Have been watching the show since episode 1 and haven't missed any since I dvr it. Really into the zombie apocalypse idea. as most religions believe, the dead will once again walk the Earth. I think one day we might see some strain of virus mutated to a point where something like this could possibly happen.

Download Post  No rating  
Sir Sux-A-Lot
Admin
Admin
38083 Points

France US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:28 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

DarkJester59 wrote (View Post): › the third season being a very weak season and loosing tons of fan base.

well now we know. the first half of the first season, despite its flaws, has been beating audience records for a cable show, from the premiere to the mid-season finale.

Quote: › The midseason finale of AMC's "The Walking Dead," "Made to Suffer" aired on Sunday, December 2 and drew an unprecedented number of viewers, causing a record 15.2 million viewers total for the night. According to a press release from the network, "The Walking Dead" is the first cable series in television history to beat all broadcast and cable entertainment series, including "The Voice, "Modern Family," "X Factor," "Two and a Half Men," "The Big Bang Theory" and "Grey's Anatomy."

source

the show has been renewed for a fourth season already and the AMC dumbfuck-retarded-execs have parted ways with the 2nd showrunner, the one who probably saved the show according to some people.

[hipster]meh, the book is so much better anyway[/hipster]

Download Post  No rating  
.2stOWNED
IoW Supporter
8016 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:16 pm   Post subject:  Re: the Walking Dead thread Back to top 

it is a pretty interesting twist from the comic book series. though i left off at i think issue 58 or something like that. i should finish the series on of these days.

Download Post  No rating  
DarkJester59
IoW Regular
14566 Points

USA US New Hampshire
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:26 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Im going to miss the first few episodes coming out this year since im going to be away... Dont they come out in feb?

8016 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:24 am   Post subject:  Re: the Walking Dead thread Back to top 

I want to say it's Feb 10th. But not positive. Think I am gonna miss a lot of them too. About to cut my cable off and just go strictly internet.

=================================================
Download Post  No rating  
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:48 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Started watching this finally ~~ got through first two seasons and are at episode 9 in Season 3 as of now (no spoilers!!!).

First - never read the comics, didn't know there were comics so I'm going off only what I see on the show.

My wife and I love it. Its been addicting to watch it - and in typical netflix/amazon fashion, we've managed to cram through about 30 episodes in the last two weeks. That is the way to watch shows man, I tell ya. No commericals and no waiting around for the next week. Just start another episode.

My thoughts on the show:

Spoilers: 

1 - its got a good story line, but we get frustrated sometimes when people do dumb shit, but I guess that is why its a TV show. Rolling Eyes

2 - Why didn't they build a Mad-Max car? Know what I mean? Something that can just rip through Walkers and plunge through fences and drive off road....the Hyundai they are driving around....what a pussy car they have for the apocalypse!!!

3 - The lack of preparedness is stunning to me sometimes. WTF? Why didn't they turn the farm into a fortress???

4 - Whoever directed the extras in the town (I forget its name) - hilarious that no matter what scene is happening, everyone in town is walking around like idiots...Well, I guess we'll go for a walk again for the hundredth time today....

5 - The blonde chick who is in love with the crazy governer guy (Remember, I'm only on episode 8 so I don't know what happens now, so STFU) -- I want to slap that bitch to get some sense into her!

6 - Chick with the Katana is badass - I loved that she had the two gimpy walkers on chains that she dragged around - that was fricken brilliant!

7 - As of S3:8, Carl is turning into a total bad-ass. That kid had to grow up fast.

8 - The effects and head smashing is pretty good, I don't watch a lot of horror stuff, but some of the ways these walkers go is pretty gruesome.

9 - We love how in one episode, they're so concerned about ammo. In the next episode, they're fricken Tony Montana, firing bullets like they've got a field ops behind them keeping them stocked up.

10 - Great how their reaction to walkers has changed so much - from immediate fear to practically ignoring them in some cases.

11 - The walkers are fucking stupid. Glad they can't open doors or climb.

12 - The twist with Sophia coming out of the barn was epic....honestly didn't see that one coming.

13 - Loved the first part of season 3 then they had their shit together and formed their phalanx formation to take the prison -- that was epic. And now at this point S3:8, people keep saying "ten people couldn't have taken that prison" --- well they did, and it was fuckin awesome Laughing

Anyway --- I'll be caught up with everyone this Sunday, so I'll probably post up in here with my thoughts each week, I love discussing this sort of thing, as you can see Laughing

Admin
Admin
38083 Points

France US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:26 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

The comics and the show manage to be different enough that they are still surprises left in the show so that's a good thing although some of these surprises include making main characters (really) dumb.

I like the show, I'll keep watching it despite being inconsistently written... but again I'll recommend trying the book if you're into it Very Happy

Retired
Retired
52130 Points

USA US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:30 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

The show is good if you keep in mind that it's a show. If you keep trying to pick it apart by thinking..."why did they do that" or "why didn't they do this" then it will get to you sooner or later. I personally like it.

P.S. Up to this point I still want to slap Andrea(the blonde chick with the Gov)

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic