Discord
Arrow IoW Discord Server

Server Monitor

Searching

Advanced Search

Style Select
Script by webmedic, v1.0.5

security

phpBB Security ©  Has Blocked 2,349 Exploit Attempts.

Adren Modifications

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
Poll :: If you were in control of adren settings, they would be....

Default ET stock adren settings
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Previous IoW adren settings (stock but more XP required to earn)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
New settings the way they are
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
New settings except remove 1/2 chargebar feature
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
New settings except remove all damage reduction
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Something radical, like medics can only adren teammates
54%
 54%  [ 6 ]
Disable adren entirely
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
Voted : 11
Total Votes : 11

BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:28 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

I appreciate what you're saying, and I wish the issue would just die as well. The problem is making everyone happy, it's impossible to do. I guess you're right, we just have to make a change and keep it and say "that's the way it is, deal with it."

IoW Regular
14566 Points

USA US New Hampshire
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:31 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I definetly think that once we go through this trial and error time, we need to have one final vote/responce and then have a locked subject and keep it. Everyone may not enjoy the end call but i am sure that everyone can grab the big boy/girl undies and man/lady up and still enjoy the game for the majority of it. I definetly think that this was a good trial and error run, and believe that this should be the time we decide the adrens final fate wether that be from the officers based upon the responce of the people, or Beck/Nort making a decison. I think that this voting was good to eliminate most of the ideas and now we have a process of elimination and definetly think that we can end the yearly debate this year. Thats just me mabye have the officers talk about that and decide the next move but lets make this really constructive and have a positive end, and make it so that everyone involved doesnt feel irritation or frustration from all the dislikes of the decisions made. We are a group of people who have know each other for awhile and im sure we can get this out of the way, and still have a great time blowing each other up and shooting the hell outta each other.

Retired
102492 Points

Estonia
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:48 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

i can tell you right now that the default setting will not be pursued. if anything, we should consider default to be no adren at all, in that case it might get more of a backing behind it.

honestly, playing with the setting set to only juicing up teammates, its almost as good as adren not being there at all. since you dont have the needle under 7, most wont even know that you can adren a teammate..

Download Post  No rating  
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:53 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Adren has been limited in some form or another on our server for years. So going back to stock adren would be a change in itself.

Admin
Admin
87019 Points

USA US Michigan
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:33 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

DarkJester59 wrote (View Post): › Sigh... people complain to much, people whine too much, why dont we just leave the game how it was and deal with it? I havent seen much discussions in game over adren except a snide remark here or there. I feel like the forums are where alot of disagreement happens on it im voting to leave as default game settings. No tweaks just how the makers set it to be. F|A has people 24/7 but not just because of adren settings and such, they just have a more active group like we used to have years ago. I think playing with the settings makes people think that we are tweaking the game to our liking. I know of two people who dont come to our server because of the sound files that we all have come to love because they see the files and are like "wtf is that". I say we just leave the adren how it was ment to be or just take it out because in all reality i hardly ever use it. I get more annoyed from raining mortars and panzers than I do when i see a medic. The last thing i assume when i die from a med is "oh jeez i wonder if he was all jacked up on adren!?!?" Mabye im crazy but i think playing with the settings is something we should step back from. I love the sounds keep those but the actual game settings mabye we should go back to an almost vanilla wolf. Again i dont play with the settings or pretend to know how, and i dont want you guys to feel like im bitching and complaining, i appreciate what you guys do to make the server a great place to game. I just think that we need a dictatorship ruling on this. Make a final call and Lock the Discussion forever. Not every year bring it back up just lock it and throw the key into the winds.
Constructive discussion is always a good thing when talking about settings. With this game dying you cannot simply just revert back to stock settings, other servers have tried that and it just doesn't bring players in anymore. Finding a setting on the in-between is much better than leaving adren at full tilt. Allagor is enough to handle as it is with adren, imagine pumpkin, me or beck with it. Having teammates control when and where you get adren is a lot more of a crutch than you think. Not only do they have to be alive at the same time, they have to be in the same place and on the same page. Its really easy to not even notice somebody gave you adren half the time if you aren't expecting it.

Senior Admin
104308 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:59 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I say only adren for others and be done with it. Hell, I never use adren anyway.

General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:02 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

^^

Its been set up to adren others with 50% damage reduction and 1/2 chargebar. Medics cannot adren themselves. We're gonna run with this for now....

Topic Closed

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic