Discord
Arrow IoW Discord Server

Server Monitor

Searching

Advanced Search

Style Select
Script by webmedic, v1.0.5

security

phpBB Security ©  Has Blocked 2,349 Exploit Attempts.

Adren Modifications

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
Poll :: If you were in control of adren settings, they would be....

Default ET stock adren settings
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Previous IoW adren settings (stock but more XP required to earn)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
New settings the way they are
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
New settings except remove 1/2 chargebar feature
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
New settings except remove all damage reduction
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Something radical, like medics can only adren teammates
54%
 54%  [ 6 ]
Disable adren entirely
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
Voted : 11
Total Votes : 11

BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:04 am   Post subject:  Adren Modifications Back to top 

So I've received a lot of mixed feedback from people about our recent adrenaline changes. Some people like them, some people hate them, some people hate them even more. Some people have even told me they're not going to play as much on our server with them. So, something needs to be done.

This thread will gather ideas for how to best fix adrenaline so that it is fair for everyone.

I also do not believe that adrenaline can somehow be fixed or "justified" if we modify other classes (such as gimping riflenade or some shit) to compensate. That is a slippery slope that we will not be going down.

So choose the option above that you feel would be best for our adrenaline settings.

Stock ET Adren Settings
Level 4 medic earns with 140 medic XP
Gives a medic 50% damage reduction for 10 seconds
Gives a medic unlimited sprint for 10 seconds
Uses full chargebar

Complaint: adrenaline ruins the game because people use it to become practically unkillable

IoW Previous Adren Settings
Level 4 medic earns with 700 medic XP
all other adren settings the same

Complaint: With our 60h XP setting, 90% of players will never earn it. Only those who play daily.

IoW current Adren Settings
Level 4 medic earns with 140 medic XP (default)
Gives medic 10% damage reduction
Gives medic unlimited sprint for 10 seconds
Uses 1/2 chargebar

Complaint: With only 1/2 chargebar, a medic could conceivably keep using adren over and over

Whatever the response is, I think we'll just use it to gauge general feel for adren. I'm not expecting everyone to agree on one thing, I would not be surprised if each one of the options has 2 votes. That just goes to show how difficult it is to make a server fun and enjoyable for all sides here.

Last edited by BECK on Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total

IoW Regular
14566 Points

USA US New Hampshire
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:30 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Beck its hard to vote i like the new setting but also see the otherside/dislike others have, but i didnt like the huge med xp but its not a huge thing just made getting 3star in one night kinda hard, and i think default is mabye the way to go i just dont know what to vote i think people cant get mad at the default settings, and i like the new setting myself mabye get rid of the 1/2 bar idk.. if people say they wont play on the server because of it then thats slightly sad since we enjoy all players but thats silly childish tantrum stuff. People are lucky that we can change the settings so easily in this game.

Retired
102492 Points

Estonia
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:30 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

"Something radical, like medics can only adren teammates"

i would not call that any more radical than

"Level 4 medic earns with 700 medic XP "

i would love to see what happens with this setting. this would even solve nort's issue with exploding things. if i just keep on juicing him up, he might stay alive a bit longer thanks to the 10% dammage reduction?

plus this would add a whole other dimension to the game!

ps. who has said they will not play here with the new setting?????

Download Post  No rating  
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:00 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Not naming names, he's not a member but a reg. And perhaps I'm blowing this statement out of proportion. Lets just say I'm trying to be diplomatic and do the impossible: make everyone happy.

Brigadier General
Brigadier General
17505 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:07 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

New settings except remove 1/2 chargebar feature
^^voted.

I would like to see how this plays out.

Download Post  No rating  
Sin
Admin
Admin
87019 Points

USA US Michigan
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:21 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

F|A Hardcore uses the teammate thing. That server is nearly full 24/7. I've never heard a complaint about adren there. And most people usually don't even know you can give it to people since you don't actually get your red needle, you just use your reviving syringe.

I'd say its either this, or just remove the damn thing. Its not like anyone will stop playing here because they can't use it. Seems like there is a adren topic every year.

Admin
38083 Points

France US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:00 pm   Post subject:  Re: Adren Modifications Back to top 

^ this

I voted for disabling the whole thing if I were to decide.

but if I were to decide, the server would run etpro with no xpsave Razz

Download Post  No rating  
PumpkiN
Retired
Retired
102492 Points

Estonia
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:48 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Sin wrote (View Post): ›
F|A Hardcore uses the teammate thing. That server is nearly full 24/7. I've never heard a complaint about adren there. And most people usually don't even know you can give it to people since you don't actually get your red needle, you just use your reviving syringe.

I'd say its either this, or just remove the damn thing. Its not like anyone will stop playing here because they can't use it. Seems like there is a adren topic every year.

i just tried to do the thing u described. needle teammate with regular needle when they dont need medic. nothing happened.

Download Post  No rating  
Sin
Admin
Admin
87019 Points

USA US Michigan
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:11 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

PumpkiN wrote (View Post): ›
Sin wrote (View Post): ›

i just tried to do the thing u described. needle teammate with regular needle when they dont need medic. nothing happened.
You have to use your alternate fire button, whatever button you use to load an rnade, will give them adren.

Retired
102492 Points

Estonia
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:11 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

aah got it. their server is lame though cuz they take the whole charge bar. i imagine it would be so much more fun on our server where we all know about the setting and it uses only half bar.

Download Post  No rating  
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:34 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Hmmmm.....I haven't voted yet, but I'm really starting to like this idea ---- if 1/2 chargebar, imagine a medic adrenning up two players to charge into a tough crossfire to clear a room with an objective. That would be really sweet to see.

Retired
Retired
102492 Points

Estonia
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:58 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

yes yes yes and more yes!!!!

Download Post  No rating  
Sgt. Hobbs
Retired
Retired
32504 Points

USA US New Hampshire
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:32 am   Post subject:  Re: Adren Modifications Back to top 

adren is one of those things where you got the good player slaughtering everyone without it then getting beefed up even more to make him untouchable. (catch) if you don't then said good player will still play really well and the guy having the bad day has no excuse I say we beef up the little guy and see what happens Very Happy (maybe we'll get a captain America action going)

General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:54 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

I think I want to try this medics can only adren teammates thing. The damage reduction would be 50%, but the chargebar would be changed to full chargebar for each adren. So basically, adren at stock settings except it requires teamwork to actually make use of adren.

And it is important to note - you don't use the ADREN needle to do this - it is the regular needle and you have to use the alt fire button (as if you're loading a riflenade).

This is going to be interesting to see!

IoW Regular
14566 Points

USA US New Hampshire
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:13 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Sigh... people complain to much, people whine too much, why dont we just leave the game how it was and deal with it? I havent seen much discussions in game over adren except a snide remark here or there. I feel like the forums are where alot of disagreement happens on it im voting to leave as default game settings. No tweaks just how the makers set it to be. F|A has people 24/7 but not just because of adren settings and such, they just have a more active group like we used to have years ago. I think playing with the settings makes people think that we are tweaking the game to our liking. I know of two people who dont come to our server because of the sound files that we all have come to love because they see the files and are like "wtf is that". I say we just leave the adren how it was ment to be or just take it out because in all reality i hardly ever use it. I get more annoyed from raining mortars and panzers than I do when i see a medic. The last thing i assume when i die from a med is "oh jeez i wonder if he was all jacked up on adren!?!?" Mabye im crazy but i think playing with the settings is something we should step back from. I love the sounds keep those but the actual game settings mabye we should go back to an almost vanilla wolf. Again i dont play with the settings or pretend to know how, and i dont want you guys to feel like im bitching and complaining, i appreciate what you guys do to make the server a great place to game. I just think that we need a dictatorship ruling on this. Make a final call and Lock the Discussion forever. Not every year bring it back up just lock it and throw the key into the winds.

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic