Discord
Arrow IoW Discord Server

Server Monitor

Searching

Advanced Search

Style Select
Script by webmedic, v1.0.5

security

phpBB Security ©  Has Blocked 2,349 Exploit Attempts.

any idea how to get better aim

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
vick88
Retired
Retired
952 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:00 pm   Post subject:  any idea how to get better aim Back to top 

other then aimbot:P

Download Post  No rating  
Nort
El Presidente
El Presidente
102938 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:48 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

some people use low sensitivity and that works well for them.

Download Post  No rating  
LuneKnight
Retired
Retired
31257 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:25 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

a few friends told me when a server is empty or a priv server, find a corner of a box thats abouts head lvl and practice keeping ur dot or w/e u use are u sight on the corner while running around it

General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:29 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

....aren't you already a good shot? I seem to remember you whoppin up last Sunday...? We should be asking YOU for tips Laughing

Other than that, you're gonna have to have people like Vorg or Raider answer this one -- if it's not hax (and I'm almost convinced it's not Laughing j/k <3), then it's just God-given natural abilities on their side, and not a lot you can do to improve that.

When you watch "good" players, it's just their complete awareness of the map and their surroundings - they listen (good headphones), they anticipate, and they understand patterns of behavior that most players have. Then, it's good movement in close-up battles. I can't tell you how many times I feel chumped by someone, not because they're a better shot necessarily - but because they out-maneuvered me in a close fight and I can't keep my damn cross-hair on them!

Sin is probably our best shot in the clan (IMO), maybe he has other ideas to share?

But yeah, I don't know how they take down people so fast sometimes. I say it's hax Wink Razz

Moving this to tips/tricks forum for ET

Retired
Retired
952 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:29 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

i think it half skills and half computer cuz if there are to good people and one of them has a better computer then then other it make a big differences to bad i have a bad computer:P

Download Post  No rating  
sum1else
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
67080 Points

USA US Ohio
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:50 pm   Post subject:  Re: any idea how to get better aim Back to top 

It probably beats mine since half the time I drop into the single digits for my framerate.

Anyway, what I do is really try to concentrate at aiming at people's heads. I notice that if my concentration drops even a little, my accuracy and headshots go down. Another thing is movement in battle. Try strafing while shooting a tree in the exact same spot. Another thing is to always keep your crosshairs at head level. That way, if somebody pops around the corner, you click and get a quick headshot or two. Just playing a lot and really concentrating on your accuracy will really help it. I've also used the sten for periods of time; because of it's increased accuracy, you can't just spray and pray as much, you have to actually be aiming more at the person since stray bullets won't hit them if you're slightly off like they do with a regular smg. Most of it is practicing and concentration. Playing against people better than you helps as well, since you have to be more accurate in order to kill them before they kill you.

If I think of any more tips, I'll let you know.

P.S. Beck, on a good day I think I can take Sin.

sum1else out.

Download Post  No rating  
HalfBak3d
Retired
Retired
26782 Points

USA US Arizona
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:44 am   Post subject:  Re: any idea how to get better aim Back to top 

A few things come into play I think. The obvious one is connection/lag/ping and the other is your config. My config makes the graphics suffer but I gain visibility and it's easier to keep my cursor where I want to while I'm getting shot. I also keep my mouse sensitivity at 1.5. It makes it easier, for me, to stay at headshot level and keep it there during a fight.

Everything Beck said is correct too. You have to be aware of everything around you, and good headphones help. When I'm playing good I am into the games, and focused. When I'm shooting poorly I'm either bored of ET and I don't pay attention, so other players get the jump on me. Getting the first HS in a fire fight is huge I think.

Download Post  No rating  
Mario
Retired
Retired
23268 Points

Canada CA Quebec
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:53 pm   Post subject:  Re: any idea how to get better aim Back to top 

This post remembered me when Ghostface tried to help me with my accuracy. He was a good player and really patient to help me with my gaming. The most important tips is to practice a lot, no rushing, take time before shooting to be sure where the others are, anticipation can give you an advantage, the only way I kill Vorg when I'm playing against him, he's to fast and accurate to kill him in other way, I'm anticipate his shot most of the time, My last tips, I don't do it for most of the time, No running, No Jumping, No Rushing (better way to be killed and decrease you accuracy) Wink

Retired
Retired
40315 Points

USA US Massachusetts
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:04 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

BECK wrote (View Post): › Then, it's good movement in close-up battles. I can't tell you how many times I feel chumped by someone, not because they're a better shot necessarily - but because they out-maneuvered me in a close fight and I can't keep my damn cross-hair on them!

Exactly.

I'm pretty bad at ET right now after such a long break, but I do remember a few things I used to do that I don't anymore (habits need re-forming):

1. Don't use run when you're in a fight, it reduces agility so you can't change directions as quickly.
2. Bind crouch to a mouse button and use it in combination with strafing during close fights.
3. Leave a fight momentarily if you lose too much health, turn around, pounce on the other player. Either they will follow and you get an opportunity to surprise them, or you will have successfully escaped a probably death.
4. Very low mouse sensitivity. This is a balance between being able to pivot suddenly and improving your aim by reducing errors caused by moving too far (overcompensation). I remember using 0.6. Also, there was a time when I would have my primary mouse button bound to both fire *and* a command that lowered my horizontal sensitivity. I can't remember what the bind was at all, which sucks.
5. Practice shooting lamps on an empty server while strafing franticly and at varying speeds (using crouch and optionally run).

These are the habits I am trying to re-form, though I know there were more things I used to do.

BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:24 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I actually have my mouse sens set pretty high. I hate having to sweep my mouse across my desktop 8 times to turn 90 degrees Razz

I disagree with you about not running in battles though - I actually have sprint binded with my fire button, so assuming I have the stamina, I can move quickly to evade while firing at someone.

Retired
Retired
40315 Points

USA US Massachusetts
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:28 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

BECK wrote (View Post): › I actually have my mouse sens set pretty high. I hate having to sweep my mouse across my desktop 8 times to turn 90 degrees Razz

Ahh, see the key is getting a huge mousepad. You need a sheet of black bristol board or a giant piece of cardboard. A good 3 feet will get you 90 degrees around Razz
That's also the reason to bind the sensitivity to your fire bind, though. That way you can be agile when you are moving around, and accurate when you are firing.

BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:30 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

My mouse pad is fricken tiny - worse, it sits on one of those shitty trays under a desk, so half the damn time it falls off during a battle and I can't do shit.

Retired
Retired
40315 Points

USA US Massachusetts
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:32 pm   Post subject:  Re: any idea how to get better aim Back to top 

Man, that's got to be the worst thing for this game. We should ask vorg how big his mouse pad is, I bet it's huge. Razz
I know that sounded terrible Laughing

sum1else
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
67080 Points

USA US Ohio
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:32 pm   Post subject:  Re: any idea how to get better aim Back to top 

My sens is 1 and I have a standard size cheapo mousepad. It only takes me a swipe across it to turn 180 degrees.

I think this conversation is null and void for helping Vick, since he completely pwns.

sum1else out.

Download Post  No rating  
miller
Retired
Retired
40315 Points

USA US Massachusetts
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:17 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

sum1else wrote: › My sens is 1 and I have a standard size cheapo mousepad. It only takes me a swipe across it to turn 180 degrees.

I think this conversation is null and void for helping Vick, since he completely pwns.

sum1else out.
Probably true.

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic