Discord
Arrow IoW Discord Server

Server Monitor

Searching

Advanced Search

Style Select
Script by webmedic, v1.0.5

security

phpBB Security ©  Has Blocked 2,348 Exploit Attempts.

I want my old IoW server back

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
Poll :: Should we go back to our old pub version?

Hell yes we should
44%
 44%  [ 15 ]
No,I actually like this gay ass mod
55%
 55%  [ 19 ]
Voted : 2
Total Votes : 34

StEVoNuB420
Retired
Retired
52130 Points

USA US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon May 14, 2007 10:39 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

As for what ur talking about some guy shooting 3 feet behind the enemy and scoring hits is true. I was on our server and it was only 3 of us.I was in spec looking at these guy go 1v1 and their ping was about 140ish. They were shooting each other and the hits registered even though the cursor was not even on the guy,as u said it was way behind him and he would still get the kill. Just thought I might add to that. I was also on a couple days ago and owning the shit outta Plan,App and Grindul,it was 3v2 me and Quaz spanked that ass. Twisted Evil

Retired
16243 Points

Poland
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon May 14, 2007 10:52 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

@Stev

Hell yes. Was a great game.

Same was today with App, Plan, Shadow, Reg, HiddenInTheFog. It was brilliant. I scored ver 50 hs almost every map and didn't get under 35 kills except one map.

Maybe it's a matter of time to get use to it.

PS. Crouch hax still pisses me off as fucking hell. I swear I'll start to kick noobs using that bug.

BEWARE PLAN !!!!! Twisted Evil

Download Post  No rating  
Plan9
IoW Regular
12129 Points

USSR
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon May 14, 2007 10:53 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Oops!!! Silenced Silenced Silenced

Last edited by Plan9 on Mon May 14, 2007 11:04 am; edited 2 times in total

IoW Supporter
3048 Points

USA US Indiana
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon May 14, 2007 10:54 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

About this whole shooting three feet behind. I dont think thats actually what is happening. Thats just what you see. What the person shooting sees is something different. On their screen they are actually hitting the body or head (hitboxes). But when you spec people (I think depending on their ping) you see a slightly lagged version of what they see. This seems to be the case whenever I spec someone with a high ping(100+). I have never seen this happen when I spec players with low pings. So yeah it looks ******, but its not.

Download Post  No rating  
Volta
IoW Regular
803 Points

Columbia
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon May 14, 2007 11:30 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

yeah, something else you have to live with. its not thaaaat bad. Mr. Black has killed me a couple of times right when I thought I was far inside a corner already to where he couldn't shoot me. I asked, "how the hell did you get me if I was way past the corner?" and he said something like, "i could still see you when i was shooting, im gay", something along those lines. So yeah, what alky said. I can actually post two demos of that happening so you guys can understand.

x.

Retired
16243 Points

Poland
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon May 14, 2007 11:43 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Can't agree.

App, Plan and me tested it while STANDING, CROUCHING and PRONING IN PLACE. No move. We were standing still. And EVERY one said the same - you can still get a hit when you shoot "3 feet" higher. So it has to be a global glitch but nvm.

Download Post  No rating  
Quizzle
Retired
Retired
20692 Points

Canada CA Alberta
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon May 14, 2007 5:49 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Quazi wrote: › Can't agree.

App, Plan and me tested it while STANDING, CROUCHING and PRONING IN PLACE. No move. We were standing still. And EVERY one said the same - you can still get a hit when you shoot "3 feet" higher. So it has to be a global glitch but nvm.

Plan and I tested this aswell. It was a bit ago. By viewing the demo, you can't argue with "lag". We are standing still, we have both his pov and my pov demos on this thread.

http://www.iowclan.net/php/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=2327

I´m so.... Quizzled.
Download Post  No rating  
Alkaline
IoW Supporter
3048 Points

USA US Indiana
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon May 14, 2007 7:38 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

@quiz and quaz: Communication break down. There are two issues here. 1. Hitboxes. 2.Lag from high ping and what you see when you spec those players with high pings. My post was about #2. I agree that you can hit people's hitboxes when you cant even see them. You are correct in stating that. My post was addressing stevo's comment about shooting three feet behind someone. I was merely pointing out that it only looks like that to the person that is actually specing. The player may see something different than what the person specing sees. It only happens to people with high pings and lag. Sorry for the confusion. But yeah it sucks that the hitboxes are like that. However, its a game and its like that for everyone. So in a way its fair. Its not like anybody has an advantage over anyone else because of hitboxes. And if you noobs could aim then you wouldnt have to run and hide and then complain when you get killed. Shocked LOL , jk

Download Post  No rating  
Quizzle
Retired
Retired
20692 Points

Canada CA Alberta
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon May 14, 2007 7:58 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Quote: › And if you noobs could aim then you wouldnt have to run and hide and then complain when you get killed. Shocked LOL , jk

lol

Sorry, I jumped in not knowing what the hell was going on ;]

I´m so.... Quizzled.
Download Post  No rating  
razi
IoW Supporter
1696 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon May 14, 2007 8:43 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

i thought iow server was using improved hitboxes not etmain?....not to open a new can of worms but may i ask why?
i guess that's why my accuracy is higher here than on other servers? other than those hitboxes i love the settings...i get really nice fps here compared to 99% of other pubs and i get a good stable ping here too. i'm just busy with RL atm so have not been able to play as much as I have been..

Download Post  No rating  
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon May 14, 2007 10:24 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

We can't change to improved hitboxes because Nort and epIc both say they suck. Even say if we do, then we will lose all our players. Apparently, the etmain hitboxes with g_realhead on (like we have) make the hitboxes as close to etpro as possible. Honestly, I don't know why we need to have 'etpro-style hitboxes'. If you want etpro hitboxes, play etpro. Wink

Noob
185 Points

Nigeria
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed May 16, 2007 4:11 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

BECK wrote: › If you want etpro hitboxes, play etpro. Wink

/amen

Download Post  No rating  
ShellShocked
Retired
Retired
14550 Points

USA US Kentucky
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed May 16, 2007 5:51 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

BECK wrote: › Honestly, I don't know why we need to have 'etpro-style hitboxes'. If you want etpro hitboxes, play etpro. Wink
connect 70.85.241.59:27960

IoW Regular
8082 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:27 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

All I can say after playing about 2 hours is that whatever the settings on the server now, it plays "choppy".

The ET Pro-like look is annoying because it doesn't play as smooth as pro. Thought I downloaded the wrong pub .pk3, despite getting the one from this website.

Note, with the new machine I get well over 125 fps - constant. Not the HW.

Shot 47 percent and felt like everyone took WAY too much damage. Spec'ed and saw that a couple I was losing fights to were juicing so no big deal. Played FO most of the time anyway. Call it the new Nervous. You want to hear the funniest thing? Got complaints over arty (52 kills, only 15 were arty) on Oasis OUTSIDE our rear spawn from Allies!!!! ROFL. If I played med, oh my at the juice rants, go FO and get arty rants. Guess some people just like to play and not have the other team try to kill them. I "could" go SMG soldier I guess so all those folks could be quiet. LOL JK

Couldn't buy hs on this setup and on pro they are no problem. Eh.. Not a big deal I guess since I don't plan on playing much if at all. Still fun.

Take it easy.
J

It's difficult to complain about 40-47 percent for whole rounds with bastardized etpro head hitboxes. However, I think the mod as it is now is set up to be not like really anything. It's not like pub (acc is high but damage "SEEMS" lower), it's not REALLY Et Pro hitboxes and definitely not smooth as pro. So why not just pick one already. Same maps, server goes pro, or pub and put it back like it was. Crouch at least wasn't choppsville.

Download Post  No rating  
PistolPete
Retired
Retired
62486 Points

Poland US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:04 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

no one is ever happy with anything....just be happy people, be happy, as bob marley says "dont worry be happy"

Download Post  No rating  

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic