Discord
Arrow IoW Discord Server

Server Monitor

Searching

Advanced Search

Style Select
Script by webmedic, v1.0.5

security

phpBB Security ©  Has Blocked 2,349 Exploit Attempts.

Can't upload demos of suspected hacker

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
Nervous
IoW Regular
8082 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:22 am   Post subject:  Can't upload demos of suspected hacker Back to top 

http://www.iowclan.com/uploads/uploadForm2.php

Doesn't work at all.

I put them in .zip files.

Is that the problem?

J

Download Post  No rating  
PistolPete
Retired
Retired
62486 Points

Poland US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:14 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

hiya nerv, welcome back

i dunno if u got the link to the new upload thing beck made, and since he isnt full done with it and dont wanna make it public, ill send it to pm, so make sure that u check it, then yeah u need to make it zip to upload it

Download Post  No rating  
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:38 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Yeah, that's the old module. I PMd you the link so you can upload them to one that actually works Cool.

IoW Fanboy
9964 Points

Canada CA Ontario
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:10 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I suspect the demo that will soon be uploaded is of Raider?

General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:21 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

If it is Raider - refresh my memory - didn't we clear him of haxing? I don't remember...

IoW Regular
8082 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:27 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I'll leave the name out of the public. Let's just say "he".

I posted 3 demos using Beck and Pete's help. Sent PM's to Beck, StevO, and Pete.

He does miss. Sprinting juiced meds take longer, but his hitsounds are off, at least when I was speccing him, and everyone else had them. That's weird.

If you think he's clean, so be it. He still ranks as the worst med ever to play the game. He does exhibit typical hacker-bitch mentality, never around objective, tj'ing since he knows almost no one can kill him, etc.

Most suspicious is the first shots on people across the map after killing 2 or more on the other side. Like spread has no effect. He did even when he was a level 0 med.

I only played one map and didn't really bother me because the team was so stacked in Axis favor it wasn't obvious. I went 54-34 on goldrush as Allies shooting 45 with 2 hs per kill. That's tough to do that poorly shooting like that...must be the new mouse.

LOL

J

Download Post  No rating  
Red
Noob
1 Points

PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:45 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

friend told me to check this out, and sadly im disapointed u think I hack.

Recently ive been accused of hacking on most pubs/ shrub servers out there cause honestly most them never played compettition or anyone decent from et-pro.

I used to play beta/alpha and open/invite et competition for the last 3 years, but i recently took around a year off. Ive just been pubbing around and being called a hack left and right cause i dont play like most people. trickjumping, doing all kinds of crazy crap that makes it hard for people to believe im legit. as im prolly sure uve seen my SS and see that im clean, and u may notice hitsounds off pop up every time i shoot...

reason for that is that i have /bind mouse1 +attack; hitsounds off; -attack
I cant stand hitsounds cause my headphones get too loud and I find it distracting and still et pub wont keep em off.

Im not sure wat i have to do to prove myself to the public but i can assure u ive been legit ever since i started this game and plan to keep it that way. If u have any questions about my ui or anything i will feel free to answer any cause i assure u any thing u question about me has a legit answer.

edit: i also like playing on ur server so plz do not ban me on simple suspicion like most servers do Sad

Download Post  No rating  
PistolPete
Retired
Retired
62486 Points

Poland US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:00 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Red wrote: › friend told me to check this out, and sadly im disapointed u think I hack.

Recently ive been accused of hacking on most pubs/ shrub servers out there cause honestly most them never played compettition or anyone decent from et-pro.

I used to play beta/alpha and open/invite et competition for the last 3 years, but i recently took around a year off. Ive just been pubbing around and being called a hack left and right cause i dont play like most people. trickjumping, doing all kinds of crazy crap that makes it hard for people to believe im legit. as im prolly sure uve seen my SS and see that im clean, and u may notice hitsounds off pop up every time i shoot...

I cant stand hitsounds cause my headphones get too loud and I find it distracting and still et pub wont keep em off.

Im not sure wat i have to do to prove myself to the public but i can assure u ive been legit ever since i started this game and plan to keep it that way. If u have any questions about my ui or anything i will feel free to answer any cause i assure u any thing u question about me has a legit answer.

edit: i also like playing on ur server so plz do not ban me on simple suspicion like most servers do Sad

hah man dont wry about u, u never be banned outta pure suspicion

afaik, u have been speced before and have been declared clean
likewise, i took a look at these demos and i dont find anything pointing to a hax and i gotta decent eye, but then again im just a lonely iow spammer with less power than my original small amount of power Sad

for what it's worth heres my verdict:

(NOT Banned)

i rediscovered these emoticons

ps. Bed Time

Download Post  No rating  
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:09 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Red wrote: › friend told me to check this out, and sadly im disapointed u think I hack.

Welcome to our forums and our server. I appreciate you pleading your case, it certainly helps. We appreciate great players like you on our server, and I can assure you that unless we have a very convincing demo of obvious hax, you won't be banned. I watched the demos and didn't see any thing other than great shooting, TBCFH. So I wouldn't worry too much. Don't blame Nervous either, he's a well respected player on our server too who is just looking to make sure that we have fair play.

IoW Regular
8082 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:04 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Notice that I have never mentioned a name. I took demos, private-messaged them to the admins. Asked them to "have a look" because no one but Alkaline was on at the time. You did miss, and to be honest the Axis team was stacked and the Allies had only 2 really good players. I've shot 45-50 for rounds before with right at 2HS per kill on pub so I KNOW it's possible (I'm far from top beta or alpha). When people run in straight lines, it's really easy to get HS. I had just installed my g5 so I'm a little off, but still managed 40-45 on goldrush, so I was submitting those as a "heads-up" to the admins that if they hadn't heard of you, they soon would. Plus, I stated that the first time some IOW's got on the opposition against you, they will end up spec'ing because of your shot and your erratic (weird, w/e) play.

To be honest, you play just like most every hacker that DOES cheat. You played med, but maybe had 3 revives in a whole map. You didn't really care about the objective. Now you must admit most cheaters act exactly the same way. So couple that with the great shot, and it was just a little suspicious. First shot from one side of the map to the other was my biggest observation. Done by really good players, but I don't know you and haven't heard of you (although I don't troll et-center, now that I think about it, I do remember hearing your name/handle somewhere).

In retrospect, I think in speaking with Beck, I said either it's not a bot, or it's the best coded bot I've ever seen. The hitsounds being off also was strange, because people speccing you can't "hear" how many shots are hitting, although demos would indicate that easily.

All that being said, I would agree that there is nothing that would lead me to want to ban you either. It's not my choice, however. Unless it's a blatant aimbot or wall-hack (neither of which were exhibited), or PB caught something, bans are pretty much sour-grapes.

I feel your pain.

I have been banned without PB catching me and before lagzilla attached itself to my machine I got accused quite often (still do on servers I can hit without lag). I have be reinstated on those servers, but it was annoying to get banned for something I would never consider doing and for something for which they had no proof.

If you are as good as you appear to be, I would suggest not riding the loaded Axis team next time. And yes, they were loaded compared to the ghostly white handles of the Allies. If you were going off, but helping the Allies escape their spawn, you probably wouldn't have been noticed that much. I had more than one person speak to me via PM's while you were playing and I was spectating, so I was not a lone conspiracy theorist. I also had so many meds and panzers shooting at me on goldrush that I didn't notice you that round.

FWIW, there are some quite awesome players that frequent the servers. At least 5-10 that can give you a good fight anyway.

In short (I'm never brief), I believe you. I did go through the appropriate channels and never openly cast doubts on your e-character.

Take it easy and have fun.
J

P.S. I have played Pro for years and I think it's EASIER than pub with all the screwed up issues that have arisen over the last few versions. I've had people say "aww your just a good pub player", then I'd go on the pro server and shoot 40's (although 35 is more the norm for me there). I'm accustomed to your level of play, even if I can't necessarily match it now that I'm an old fart.

I've played against some of the best from Rotators, No Remorse, dT, Casualty, Smile, >, wS, et. al. I actually told Beck that you might be an alpha or top beta slumming it to get some kicks. Go ahead, ask him.

Last edited by Nervous on Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total

Download Post  No rating  
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:17 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Now that you mention it, yes, in all three demos you were camping the allied spawn. The teams were so unbalanced, I think poor Alkaline with his limited admin powers was trying to even them up. It's far more virtuous to help a weaker team to stand a chance, and perhaps enjoy their experience gaming instead of getting raped two seconds out of the spawn.

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic