Discord
Arrow IoW Discord Server

Server Monitor

Searching

Advanced Search

Style Select
Script by webmedic, v1.0.5

security

phpBB Security ©  Has Blocked 2,349 Exploit Attempts.

I NEED HELP BAD PLEASE

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
dday
IoW Supporter
323 Points

Canada CA Alberta
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:43 pm   Post subject:  I NEED HELP BAD PLEASE Back to top 

I just downloaded and installed ET and tried to run it and the game doesnt come up and it says in the console thing GLW_startopen GL could not load open GL system WTF does that mean and how do i fix it i wanna own some nubs

974 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:51 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I had the same problem, you have to get direct X9 or something like that, what video card do you have?

Download Post  No rating  
dday
IoW Supporter
323 Points

Canada CA Alberta
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:54 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

umm im not sure of my video card but i had this game on this same computer before for like 4 years lol so i dont understand where can i find this driect 9x shit or what not?

6971 Points

Ukraine
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:25 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Most likely you need OpenGL drivers/libraries... check your video card website.

Download Post  No rating  
cheezeduck
IoW Regular
7145 Points

Canada CA Alberta
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:26 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

try to reload the game...not the download, just reload and then download the new patch...sometimes if u don't dload the patch it won't work.

IoW Supporter
323 Points

Canada CA Alberta
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:32 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

what do you mean reload the game like reinstall it? and guys i suck ass with computers so i might need a step by step demo here hahaha or someone add me to msn and give me a hand please noughtydog_87@hotmail.com

Retired
62486 Points

Poland US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:38 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

god dday i expected u to be more tech savvy, ok so check out which card u have, right click on ur desktop, go to properties, settings, advanced, there u shud find what card u have, chanes are its nvidia or ati, either way go to their site by searchin google, and go to the support section and download new drivers for it

before u do that, try to directx 9 thing, which i doubt is the issue since u comp shud be updated with it, but either way, it can be found here, http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=0A9B6820-BFBB-4799-9908-D418CDEAC197&displaylang=en

so yeah if that dont work, then poo on u

Download Post  No rating  
dday
IoW Supporter
323 Points

Canada CA Alberta
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:20 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

pete add me to msn i have it writtin abover some wheres and help me out with this shit im nothing of a tech at all im a drunk stoner who likes ot own fuckin nubs with my kick ass tags fo IoW i gotta regulate this shit

323 Points

Canada CA Alberta
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:58 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

hey pete the link didint work and i fucked up on the nvidia site thing so i need yah help again with that when ever you can i will be on msn

Retired
16243 Points

Poland
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:18 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Check your video card and then find out OpenGL drivers for your vid card as Nort said. I had same problem and I was looking for those stupid drivers for like a week.

If I'm not wrong I have Radeon and downloaded nVidia and everything is OK.

Download Post  No rating  
Quizzle
Retired
Retired
20692 Points

Canada CA Alberta
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:54 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Right click "My Computer"
Click the "Hardware" tab.
Click the "Device Manager" button.
You will see a list of items
Click the + button beside the "Display Adapters"

It should now expand and show you what video card your computer is using.

Copy the name of your video card and slap it into a google search bar. but add "Driver download" to your search. Now search through the crap on the net and get the latest drivers.

:]

I´m so.... Quizzled.
Download Post  No rating  
Quazi
Retired
Retired
16243 Points

Poland
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:01 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Have fun hehe.

Download Post  No rating  
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:19 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

If you're still having trouble:

http://enemy-territory.4players.de:1041/e107_plugins/faq/faq.php?0.cat.10.68

OpenGL errors I assume.

Moving this to the Problems thread.....Rolling Eyes

IoW Supporter
323 Points

Canada CA Alberta
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:54 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Beck that almost helps but it doesnt tell me what drivers i need still i have no idea what kind i need i have a NVIDIA vid card but what drivers do i need to make that stupid GLW_startOpen GL could not load open GL subsystem SHIT go away?

General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:59 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

dday wrote: › Beck that almost helps but it doesnt tell me what drivers i need still i have no idea what kind i need i have a NVIDIA vid card but what drivers do i need to make that stupid GLW_startOpen GL could not load open GL subsystem SHIT go away?

I think Quizzle has the best way above for finding your exact driver name. Google it, and find the latest driver. Sorry, I can't really tell you more then that. GL.

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic