Discord
Arrow IoW Discord Server

Server Monitor

Searching

Advanced Search

Style Select
Script by webmedic, v1.0.5

security

phpBB Security ©  Has Blocked 2,349 Exploit Attempts.

East Defenses on FUEL DUMP

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:26 am   Post subject:  East Defenses on FUEL DUMP Back to top 

I'm posting this, not because 90% of the people who visit the forum already know it's retarded to build full east defenses on Fuel Dump. NO, I'm posting for that 10% who continue to ignore me when I ask to NOT build it. Now I'm not going Matt5 on you and pushing and flaming if you do, but let this be a sticky advisory, that the IoW clan would appreciate it if noob publics didn't build the east defenses on Fuel Dump.

It's funny, that even when the east defenses aren't built, the allies almost always still try and dynamite the west side. Sure, there's more cover over there, it's further from the spawn, the east side might be heavily mined. But the fact is, building the east defenses only servers to hurt the axis. So as my public service announcement of the week. Please don't build full east defenses!

Thanks - as you were....

Last edited by BECK on Fri May 16, 2014 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total

IoW Regular
1908 Points

Srilanka
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:30 pm   Post subject:  oh i know Back to top 

Ohh yeah i know how u feel. But i just build the first part in east and almost build the second part so i get xp. Then will i die and come again i see that the second part would have disappered so i again alomst build it again for some xp. But nerver fully build it.

Download Post  No rating  
mayol
IoW Regular
6971 Points

Ukraine
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:36 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I think it all depends on the teams. There are cases when building east helps.

Download Post  No rating  
OmegaBlade
IoW Regular
1908 Points

Srilanka
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:46 pm   Post subject:  i agree Back to top 

mayol wrote: › I think it all depends on the teams. There are cases when building east helps.

Yeah if a engy got through to the fuel dump and if the covt died in a mine then the engy can easily go and plant through the east. If the east if already build then the engy will have to blow it which will giive axis time to get thier and kill him.

Download Post  No rating  
PistolPete
Retired
Retired
62486 Points

Poland US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:24 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

if you are goin against a team with relaly good shooters, east should be buiilt, this gives ur team a chance to either camp the dump or the roof and gives u a lot better chance, cuz one good shooters get into east side, ull have a hard ass time fightin em outt there, spieaically with meds

secondly, fi u know ur goin against thats nooobs, either u can build all defense knowin that they wont go in or to stupid to getta covie up or just leave east, either will sufficie

if u goin agaisnt evently matched teams, east should be left open

Download Post  No rating  
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:09 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Point is regardless of skill, it's a whole lot shorter of a walk (or sprint) to the east side from Axis spawn then the west side. And if west gets blown by dyno or covie, you either have to run into the inevitable ambush, by yourself in a lot of cases, or go up on the roof. Either way, you're left with 10 seconds to kill everyone and defuse, assuming you spawn right when the dyno is planted.

I say, leave the east open, saves time, easier to defuse. Sure, maybe easier for an allied team to spot mines, destroy them and plant, but also quicker for axis to defuse.

Retired
Retired
20692 Points

Canada CA Alberta
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:28 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I agree with Beck. I think a strong defense is in order on fuel dump and the axis shouldn't really be far from it anyways.

I´m so.... Quizzled.
Download Post  No rating  
Fuzzy Burrito
IoW Fanboy
9964 Points

Canada CA Ontario
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:49 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Whether you think the East defences should be built or not, the following should be known: When Beck is on the server, DO NOT DARE build the east defences

IoW Regular
1908 Points

Srilanka
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:33 am   Post subject:  true Back to top 

Whoracle wrote: › Whether you think the East defences should be built or not, the following should be known: When Beck is on the server, DO NOT DARE build the east defences

100% TRUTH

Download Post  No rating  
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:17 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Whoracle wrote: › Whether you think the East defences should be built or not, the following should be known: When Beck is on the server, DO NOT DARE build the east defences

LMAO. Word. Word. It's all I can do to not !fling that ass!

What, did the fact that I made it sticky make it obvious?

IOW Anger Managment
1037 Points

USA US Minnesota
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:46 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

In most cases I could give a shit about the east. Pete gives my sentiments about supperior allied players just straight up owning the east defenses. The fact that the west is farther from the spawn benifits the axis when allies are stacked. If the west is planted...then you can go around to the west, go to the roof, or simply sit your artillery whore fdops ready to airstike/arty the dump. Under most circumstances.....I wouldn't build the east, but it doesn't bother me because I know I can just defend the door and the west and not have any problems.

Also, if you leave the east open chances are your engies are planting mines to disallow any easy entry into east. By doing this, it sorta elminates the easy run into the dump to defuse method. I can count a dozen times when engy tried to defuse, but couldn't because he tripped over his own mines.

I think the biggest gripe about fuel dump that axis should have is mine placement. Most of the time some noob gets into the dump and lands mines all around it. Notice to engy, this is an xpsave. While west defenses are waiting for dyno explosion, chances are the allies occupying that area are eying any mines inside. The better option is to plant mines where the allies WILL NEED TO RUN THROUGH to get to the west or to the building entrances. If the allies get into the dump from the roof, mines are useless. If they get in from the west usually there are enough allies with meds to not matter. Using the mines elsewhere is a much better option.

AND TO ALL MINE NOOBS! Plant your mines in pairs. 1 mine won't kill shit on xpsave. 2 isn't even enough sometimes.

Beck, I think the bigger issue is the lack of teamwork and of ANYONE listening to what you have to say regardless of how absolutely right you may be. But hey...its a pub...we can't kick people for being new. We can't even kick someone for being a noob. And we absolutely can't kick someone for not understanding the poor english Vanilla uses in his instructions to his teammates.

Ice's 2 cents

Download Post  No rating  
Quizzle
Retired
Retired
20692 Points

Canada CA Alberta
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:01 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Good post Nilla. I agreed with everything expect...

Quote: › AND TO ALL MINE NOOBS! Plant your mines in pairs. 1 mine won't kill shit on xpsave. 2 isn't even enough sometimes.

A lot of the times one or two mines will kill an opposing player, however, that isn't always the intention of the engineer placing the mines. I use a strategy called "Weaking the Enemy" well placed spread out mines will weaken enemies and make it easier to defend against them for all players. Always going for the kill isn't always the best idea. Working as a team is a sure fire way to defend areas, and lightening the load for the axis to shoot is a great way to stop the allies from getting anywhere.

I´m so.... Quizzled.
Download Post  No rating  
PistolPete
Retired
Retired
62486 Points

Poland US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:03 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Nilla wrote: › In most cases I could give a shit about the east. Pete gives my sentiments about supperior allied players just straight up owning the east defenses. The fact that the west is farther from the spawn benifits the axis when allies are stacked. If the west is planted...then you can go around to the west, go to the roof, or simply sit your artillery whore fdops ready to airstike/arty the dump. Under most circumstances.....I wouldn't build the east, but it doesn't bother me because I know I can just defend the door and the west and not have any problems.

Also, if you leave the east open chances are your engies are planting mines to disallow any easy entry into east. By doing this, it sorta elminates the easy run into the dump to defuse method. I can count a dozen times when engy tried to defuse, but couldn't because he tripped over his own mines.

I think the biggest gripe about fuel dump that axis should have is mine placement. Most of the time some noob gets into the dump and lands mines all around it. Notice to engy, this is an xpsave. While west defenses are waiting for dyno explosion, chances are the allies occupying that area are eying any mines inside. The better option is to plant mines where the allies WILL NEED TO RUN THROUGH to get to the west or to the building entrances. If the allies get into the dump from the roof, mines are useless. If they get in from the west usually there are enough allies with meds to not matter. Using the mines elsewhere is a much better option.

AND TO ALL MINE NOOBS! Plant your mines in pairs. 1 mine won't kill shit on xpsave. 2 isn't even enough sometimes.

Beck, I think the bigger issue is the lack of teamwork and of ANYONE listening to what you have to say regardless of how absolutely right you may be. But hey...its a pub...we can't kick people for being new. We can't even kick someone for being a noob. And we absolutely can't kick someone for not understanding the poor english Vanilla uses in his instructions to his teammates.

Ice's 2 cents

In the words of a famous rapper,

"Word to ya motha"

Download Post  No rating  
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:08 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Nilla, you are pretty much hit the hammer on the head. All except the idea of "just play good defense at the gate". On pub, that's really hard to do. That's why I get pissed off when I'm on a team of noobs and I'm the only axis player who is smart enough to stay back to defend the base, and not run into the caves to try and pick off the occasional allied guy who just spawned. So if I die, there is no one to defend the gate (not like I'm that elite or anything and I can defend the base by myself, I'm not saying that) it just makes it a whole hell of a lot easier to defuse if east is open, plain and simple, flat out 100%.

And I agree with Quizzle to a point. To contrast what Nilla said (make no mistake, I know you're not meaning this) I see noob engies planting 15 mines in one spot, which pisses me off to high hell. I mean, wtf? You might kill the first guy who goes in there and blows himself to spectacular fashion by blowing ALL 15 of them, only to open it up for the guys behind him. Stupid defense. Grouping the mines only serves to minimize the locations where they can be effective. I tend to defend the areas that I mine, so it makes QUizzles argument of weakening the enemy a good one, because you have a heavily damaged enemy to take down instead of a full 120 HP guy. And theres nothing better then catching an engie kneeling down trying to defuse your mine. HS HS boom! The only place I tend to group mines is in clusters of 4 directly in front (even underneith) the tank which in most cases, causes it to be damaged immediately. Then you say, well, that's stupid because the engie is there to fix it right away. Sure, but sometimes, those four mines kill the engie too.

El Presidente
El Presidente
102938 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:49 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

i run into the tunnels, and i get more then the occasionaly one allied. I usually take out 2+ guys in the tunnels, unless a panzer noobish gets me with a ground shot. I think having a few of your good shots camping the tunnels and exits helps to stem the flow of allied players as long as they make SURE to call out if they are down and lost a uni. Too many times have i died on pub becuase someone was running with a uni and the guy who lost it never called out. using the v10 enemy in disguise is very important in fueldump. it gives your team a heads up to watch for someone trying to sneak the rooftop.
I am indifferent to the east build/not build. You just have to adapt your play style. having east up does make it all the more crucial for people to identify when they lost a uni. but if both are up, you just need one or two people to sit up on the rooftop guarding it, which is fine becusae its always good to have a few up there anyway, from there they can cover the main gate and side wall, keep people off the tank on the side, and shoot down on top of engies tryign to plant dyno at the gates.

Download Post  No rating  

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic