Discord
Arrow IoW Discord Server

Server Monitor

Searching

Advanced Search

Style Select
Script by webmedic, v1.0.5

security

phpBB Security ©  Has Blocked 2,348 Exploit Attempts.

Custom maps on the XP->Save Pub Server

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
Poll :: Do you support the idea of expanding past stock maps?

Yes
52%
 52%  [ 11 ]
No
47%
 47%  [ 10 ]
Voted : 1
Total Votes : 21

Nort
El Presidente
El Presidente
102938 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:30 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I havent ignored them. i am posting on the topic with what we have tried before, how it failed and why it was considered a failure, and what i am willing to try in the future. Plus my only comment was that the people that want customs can try and populate the server like we have been trying to do for the etpro twl map server. It will take people dedicated and serious and willing to sit on an empty server to populate it.

Download Post  No rating  
Rainbow
IoW Regular
408 Points

Germany DE Brandenburg
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:52 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

But we dont want the server full of custom maps. we just want one or two besides the normal maps.
i totaly agree with beck. so i dont need to say anything. beck is now talking for me Wink Laughing

but one thing i must say this discussion about the maps piss me off a bit. we can discuss so long we want nobody will agree with the other one.
and i just can repeat myself we should try it.

oh and i wanted to say i dont hate radar. im just pissed off the votes. i always vote No ... Rolling Eyes i like that map. the same like railgun.

Download Post  No rating  
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:55 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Nort wrote: › I havent ignored them. i am posting on the topic ...

It was a jab at Whoracle and others who basically dared me to delete their posts. It wasn't cause I didn't want to talk about it, but I was going to start a new thread to discuss maps.

General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:00 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Rainbow wrote: › oh and i wanted to say i dont hate radar. im just pissed off the votes. i always vote No ... Rolling Eyes i like that map. the same like railgun.

You should have !cancelvote now -- I actually have that binded, don't ever try and vote skip radar when I'm on! LOL.

El Presidente
El Presidente
102938 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:09 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I did not say a server full of total customs. Even introducing one custom map to the server cna throw it off. IE the baserace example.
Thus is why i have paid the extra to make the 3rd server a public server also so that server can run the map rotation with the customs in it.

Download Post  No rating  
Rainbow
IoW Regular
408 Points

Germany DE Brandenburg
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:11 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I dont make !cancelvote when they vote for next map cause the pubs should decide. sux for me but they have what they want and i dont need to hear what a fucking map radar is and all that stuff. when they complain about something they are like babys. Rolling Eyes

Download Post  No rating  
Nort
El Presidente
El Presidente
102938 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:18 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

ohh since this is a kinda map thread.
a new map is out that has kinda a neat new concept:

The attacking team is determined by whoever captures the flag first. They must then proceed to snatch the Book of the Dead and take it to the truck located outside. The defending team must prevent this happening at all costs.

whoeverops pyramid is the map.

Download Post  No rating  
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:19 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Nort wrote: › I did not say a server full of total customs. Even introducing one custom map to the server cna throw it off. IE the baserace example.
Thus is why i have paid the extra to make the 3rd server a public server also so that server can run the map rotation with the customs in it.

Not to beat a dead horse - but - maybe the fact that we lost numbers was because baserace was/is not a very popular map. If we had a better custom, it might not have the same decline.

El Presidente
El Presidente
102938 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:31 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

stop beating the dead horse.
I have stated we will make the 3rd server public and set up a campaign rotation with a few custom maps on it. This Trial will run for a total of 3 months. so at this time you will have plenty of opportunity to find out the statistics then on how well this will take off or not.

Download Post  No rating  
StEVoNuB420
Retired
Retired
52130 Points

USA US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:54 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

THIS TOPIC IS TEARING US APART!!!!!!! Sad Sad Sad

General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:03 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

We've moved discussion back into the admin forums - but publics and other members are still encouraged to voice their support or non-support for custom maps.

Noob
3 Points

PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:53 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Introduce a new custom map and see how it goes if it doesnt go well bring it back to original stock maps..

I havent seen any puber staying on server for long time( months) unless they become members. So IOW has enough member to populate the server what ever the maps are...

at least try changing it to rail gun... same maps are boring.. Sad

Thanks

IoW Supporter
2722 Points

USA US New Hampshire
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:13 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Nort wrote: › to clarify something. all our servers use HTTP downloads rather then pull from the server. The download rate people get is never going to be a 6kb excluding for small files that take only a few seconds even at 6kb
also as stated we will now have 3 public servers
1 -etpro
1-etpub stock
1-etpub "custom"
I have everyone covered for what they requested at this point.

I actually have an idea that might get some more pubs that are a little reluctant (as I was when I forst started) there are some "stock" maps that have been modified (goldrush in particular as "super goldrush Final") that was always popular when I first started People voted it and some of the admins set the time to 3 hours (I kinda got boring then) but the people loved playing it. and another hit of this nature was NZ arena3 (just people running shooting each other) though the biggest hit map that I saw was Fueldump spring if you put those in one of the servers some of us could go around and say how cool some custom maps are in our server.
just a suggestion

6971 Points

Ukraine
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:48 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Accursed wrote: › I havent seen any puber staying on server for long time( months) unless they become members. So IOW has enough member to populate the server what ever the maps are...

There are plenty of regulars that play on IOW a lot. Check splatterladder server info and you'll see.

Download Post  No rating  
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:14 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

mayol wrote: ›
Accursed wrote: › I havent seen any puber staying on server for long time( months) unless they become members. So IOW has enough member to populate the server what ever the maps are...

There are plenty of regulars that play on IOW a lot. Check splatterladder server info and you'll see.

Yes, and we are nothing without regulars, which is what this poll is all about. We don't want to lose any of ya! Even mine whoring, nade throwing ace defenders like mayol!

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic