Discord
Arrow IoW Discord Server

Server Monitor

Searching

Advanced Search

Style Select
Script by webmedic, v1.0.5

security

phpBB Security ©  Has Blocked 2,349 Exploit Attempts.

Hacks?

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
Matt5
IoW Supporter
372 Points

PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:43 pm   Post subject:  Hacks? Back to top 

What you guys think the odds of this are... every mortar shot (allies oasis map old city) is a kill, allways shot different places (and not outside spawn so a spawm timmer is a no...) shot at different times, with some long pauses but like i said allways a kill, FIRST angle try is correct... and a kill.. sound like a hack to me no? i can understand good but, every shot being a kill and not near the spawn... anywho the dudes name is |PX| Moncho Gibes i spected him but no demo (only had 2 min left when i spected him)

Download Post  No rating  
Blade
Noob
35 Points

PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:58 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

You should try next time and spec him to see. Surprised

Quazi
Retired
Retired
16243 Points

Poland
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:19 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

LOL a mortar hack. Nice, nice. Wonder how it would work ? Every rocket is like patriot ? Auto aiming at enemy ? Dont make me laugh Laughing

And Moncho is clear IMO.

Download Post  No rating  
Matt5
IoW Supporter
372 Points

PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:28 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I did spect him

Like i said with a hacks? with a ? mark...the only 3 reasons i say hacks is 1 every shot was a kill, 2 his movement (wit aim and angle) was that of a person moving, 3 i was killled (as a mortar fine...) then respawn and they were following me... all the way into the command post area (axis, oasis) where i was killed... lucky guess or?

Download Post  No rating  
Quazi
Retired
Retired
16243 Points

Poland
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:34 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I just doubt there is sth like mortar hack.

Download Post  No rating  
Tangik
IoW Supporter
310 Points

USA US Alaska
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:40 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Well there is a mortar hack, I have seen one in action. I joined a server and I did not know that it was a server that actually allowed hacks, and I was in spec checking out the server and that is the topic of conversation, needless to say I did not stay on that server very long.

Download Post  No rating  
mayol
IoW Regular
6971 Points

Ukraine
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:44 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I haven't seen the guy. But I would not be surprised to see mortar hack. I'm sure its implementable. All you need is enemies' position on your map all the time, as well as the spot you gonna hit. Knowing enemies' position is not new at all since wall hax is capable of it. A part with hit spot seems harder.. but again all functionality is alredy there. Hax developer just need to know how to exploit it.

EDIT: According to Tangik my guess was correct.

Last edited by mayol on Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Download Post  No rating  
Quazi
Retired
Retired
16243 Points

Poland
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:45 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

So you say that mortar hack works like aimbot ?

It has to look very funny when you see a rocket hunting you for half a map when you are runing away like a freaked monkey Wink

EDIT: Lol ex you've outren me with your post.

So it has to be a damn complicated hack.

Last edited by Quazi on Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Download Post  No rating  
mayol
IoW Regular
6971 Points

Ukraine
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:47 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Quazi wrote: › So you say that mortar hack works like aimbot ?

It has to look very funny when you see a rocket hunting you for half a map when you are runing away like a freaked monkey Wink

I doubt its like aimbot. I would think it needs some brains to use, i.e. predict where ememy will move next before sending your mortar to that exact spot. But I may be wrong.

Download Post  No rating  
Tangik
IoW Supporter
310 Points

USA US Alaska
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:49 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

IDK how it works, but I do know that they do exist.

Download Post  No rating  
Quazi
Retired
Retired
16243 Points

Poland
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:57 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

And whats the PITCH hack ? Or sth like that.

Download Post  No rating  
Matt5
IoW Supporter
372 Points

PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:59 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Ya i mean it makes sense... a mortar hack but...

Im just like giving a heads up... i really did not spect long enough to know, im just saying if you see him and something seems off, spect cause it might be a hack...

you know what a cool hack would be...

one that lets you walk through stuff like the old city wall, or other things you can destroy...

Download Post  No rating  
Quazi
Retired
Retired
16243 Points

Poland
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:06 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Or that makes a bullet dodger from you Wink

Download Post  No rating  
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:18 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Great - bad enough getting killed by an honest mortarer near your spawn, now they're hacking too? Shit.

And PX - isn't that Milkman/Curves's clan?

Last edited by BECK on Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:25 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

We might be able to shut them down though:

pb_sv_cvar cl_yawspeed IN 0 140
pb_sv_cvar cl_pitchspeed IN 0 140

These restrictions counter some "mortar bot" scripts which have been made to essentially automate the targeting with the mortar. There are some other suspect uses of the cl_yaw/pitchspeed cvars but the mortar scripts are of most concern, and anyway the other things seem to be tackled between these restrictions and cl_freelook IN 0.

cl_pitchspeed sets the speed that the player looks up and down if using the keyboard keys for looking up and down, while cl_yawspeed sets the speed for looking left and right. However the commands for these keys, (+lookup, +lookdown, +left & +right) also work in scripts to automatically line up and set the angle of the mortar weapon. The scripts are not particularily straightforward to use, for example they only work from set positions and have to start from the correct angle and whatnot, requires the user to tweak for their FPS settings, plus they are also inflexible in that of course they will only target the pre-made target locations.

With free reign over cl_pitchspeed and cl_yawspeed, the mortar bots can be fairly reliable, fast to target and quite deadly. The scripts can be defeated entirely by only allowing these cvars to have the value of 0, and this is currently used in European leagues. I've relaxed the reccomendation here to allow between 0 and the default of 140 because some players do like to play the mortar one-handed on a ciggy break, for example, and the maximum speed of 140 still makes the mortar scripts less reliable (and crucially, at least as slow as a human, yet still nowhere near as flexible and skilled as a talented mortar player).

Further, 140 being in the allowed range means it will not be a problem as a Punkbuster-enforced restriction: 140 is the default value and so if 140 is not allowed then players would have to manually change their settings or be kicked from the server. When using ETPro to restrict cvars then going with the League's restriction of 0-only is more palatable, since ETPro will force cvars into the allowed range and there's no problems.

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic