Discord
Arrow IoW Discord Server

Server Monitor

Searching

Advanced Search

Style Select
Script by webmedic, v1.0.5

security

phpBB Security ©  Has Blocked 2,348 Exploit Attempts.

Laptop help

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
JEWMAN
IoW Fanboy
14159 Points

USA US New York
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:51 am   Post subject:  Laptop help Back to top 

Hey guys, Matt needs a little help this is what he said.

Alright i have a Dell Inspiron 8200 that will not boot. Its giving POST light error codes but i cant seem to find the code meaning, if anyone could it would be very helpful. They should be on the dell site but i cant seem to find them... Thanks...

El Presidente
El Presidente
102912 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:56 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

actually you look error codes up by the bios manufacturer, not the pc manufacturer. different bios peeps have slightly different meanings to their codes. for instance if he boots and it is AMD bios then you would google amd bios beep codes

Download Post  No rating  
JEWMAN
IoW Fanboy
14159 Points

USA US New York
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:01 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

He said his laptop uses a set of 4 flashes to tell the problem he's looked them up before from dell, he just cant find them now, he also said he cant find them on google...

IoW Supporter
372 Points

PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:48 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

I give up with this dumb ass laptop.... its gona sit untill i care enough to buy new parts i think the dumb thing needs a new vidio card (AGAIN) if anyone finds them post codes it would help alot... might start fixing it again but..... i have no way to tell who makes it cause i cant turn it on! haha...

Download Post  No rating  
Nort
El Presidente
El Presidente
102912 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:07 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Download Post  No rating  
Matt5
IoW Supporter
372 Points

PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:24 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

ya heas the prob laptops dont beep... they flash... =(

this should stump every1

laptop will not power on,

remove vid card powers on flashs some lights (i guess no vid card?) shuts down..

disconnect the LCD from vid card (after installing vid card) boot, works, connect lcd loads windows...... error crash....

it WONT load anything with the card AND lcd connected... it will load with no card OR no lcd conneced..... WTH... need a new vid card? or :S lota $$ for a guess but....

my desktop she beeps....

Download Post  No rating  
Nervous
IoW Regular
8082 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:37 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Could it be a power supply issue? As you unhook stuff things start to get better. I'm a developer, but seems only problems I ever have are with stupid power supplies.

Anyway it's a guess. Seems like if the power supply were the true problem it wouldn't work at all, but as you connect stuff it starts going to crap.

FYI, on my desktop, the vid card went out and the machine would boot for crap. You are probably on the right track. Was it about time to upgrade anyway? You can probably get a pretty strong vid card for <200.

Good luck. Hope one of the resident experts can help you.
J

Download Post  No rating  
Matt5
IoW Supporter
372 Points

PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:52 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

repeat after me

im going to kill matt, its better this way....

Ok i said to myself LETS TRY A CRT... guess whos loadin windows wit a CRT screen and no LCD connected?

MEEE

so can it be that my laptops LCD is shorting or doing something causing my computer to not boot? anyidea on what maybe i can do (ive taken the whole thing apart be4... and changed the wires FOR the lcd) KEEP IN MINE this is a LAPTOP i say LCD meaning what is attached to the computer AND also i do not know of ANY way to upgrade a laptop vidio card... you need what fits... thats 1-2 cards that came with that model... it seems though its not the card... as i have another card (bad vidio ram) that also will *not work* now the power is also a issue... the connected to the laptop main board is no good so i need to play with it but... batterys take up the slack...

so really main thing laptop works fine wit out the LCD connected... it WORKS with a CRT connected... it STILL does not work with a OLD vidio card that has bad memory... yet if i disconnect the LCD it works...

Download Post  No rating  
Nort
El Presidente
El Presidente
102912 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:09 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

sounds to me like time to just get a new laptop if that one is out of warranty

Download Post  No rating  
Matt5
IoW Supporter
372 Points

PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:21 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

ya its 4 years old the thing is thats not really a option... i dont have the money to buy a new laptop that is a good as this one... it was 3000$...

it's got a P4 2.0ghz 512 mb ddr ram 64mb ddr vid card 15inch wega display i think wega... 40 gig hdd... @ 4200RPM dont know of a new laptop as good or better for less then the repair cost to this one... if anyone does point me at it... =)

this is my gamming computer so NOTHING less then those spects will go...

Download Post  No rating  

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic