Discord
Arrow IoW Discord Server

Server Monitor

Searching

Advanced Search

Style Select
Script by webmedic, v1.0.5

security

phpBB Security ©  Has Blocked 2,349 Exploit Attempts.

Wurzburg Basement b1

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
allagor
Senior Admin
Senior Admin
44798 Points

USA US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:08 am   Post subject:  Wurzburg Basement b1 Back to top 

This is the public thread for posting anything about the map (Wurzburg Basement b1)

Members only development discussion thread : http://www.iowclan.net/iow/viewtopic.php?t=6588

"It's a not a bug, it's a feature"

General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:49 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

I played it once with people last night.

Allies actually won despite our initial feelings that the map was heavily weighted for axis.

My feeling is still that the basement area doesn't have much significance for the allies. Maybe that's the point? We talked about putting an objective down there, but wondering if an allied capturable spawn down there might help?

Thinking more basement battles would be great, this might encourage more of that?

Also.... Could you get a tunnel that connects all the way to the ammo/health shack that has the mg nest in it? Could be another way to try and stop those parts runs. Make it an axis only door down a ladder or something?

I did love bursting through the forward spawn door as axis, that was a nice surprise for the allies!

I realize these may be major structural changes, certainly don't want to ruin the spirit or intent of your map. I think it can play well as is, just wanting to get the basement more action Smile

Retired
Retired
36465 Points

Puertorico US Florida
Yellow Cards: 1
Yellow Cards: 1
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:03 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

I was too busy screaming and dancing down the halls in the basement trying to find the secret room to notice any potential issues lol. I'll give a better report after I get a chance to play it again on the server.

Looked nice though!

Admin
30760 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:09 am   Post subject:  Re: Wurzburg Basement b1 Back to top 

I think there should be a basement monster that kills Allies or Axis.

Download Post  No rating  
HalfBak3d
Retired
Retired
26782 Points

USA US Arizona
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:18 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Like a Rancor from Star Wars

Download Post  No rating  
Sin
Admin
Admin
87019 Points

USA US Michigan
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:05 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

There definitely needs to be more significance to the basement. As of right now, allies can literally just walk straight to either of the parts without using any dynos. It forces the entire team to go side, and all axis would have to do is fall back to side and camp that tiny little door and its pretty much GG. But if they dont realize that, its just a constant swarm of allies through the side.

I'm all for removing the main gate, but you have to realize, that is the major first objective for allies. If you remove that and don't add another objective in its place, it feels more empty on allies I thought.

I almost want to say just move forward spawn down there. It was kind of annoying as an allie to spawn there, and have to run all the way through side. It doesn't serve much purpose. You may as well move the truck down there too. If the main gate never gets blown there really isn't a way for axis to cover it very well anyhow.

The tunnels were pretty cool. I think if an allies part runner gets there, its going to be pretty hard to find him. I'm worried about it being too easy for allies to win once they get through the pigeonhole at side. I originally said that it was axis favored, but once allies gets CP, its over within minutes. Without the main gate, CP becomes the main objective for allies since the flag is useless to capture. There needs to be some other objective to split the team.

To summarize:
1. More reasons to go in basement
2. Replace main gate objective with something major
3. Map balance. More objectives so the whole team doesn't pile through CP.

Senior Admin
44798 Points

USA US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:32 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I don't want to make basement connections to any place that doesn't already have a door. So the ammo hut with an mg nest won't get any connection to the basement. The allied mansion technically could, but it's probably not a good idea to let allies just run from that spawn to the radar parts completely unopposed in the basement.

Setting the axis door in the bunker spawn to be a dyno obj could make the bunker a bigger prize to fight over, while leading allies into the basement.

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic