Discord
Arrow IoW Discord Server

Server Monitor

Searching

Advanced Search

Style Select
Script by webmedic, v1.0.5

security

phpBB Security ©  Has Blocked 2,348 Exploit Attempts.

Company of Heroes 2

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:27 pm   Post subject:  Company of Heroes 2 Back to top 

This will be my next game. The first one was amazingly fun, best RTS ever.

These are not cut-scenes, this is actual game footage as you can move the camera anywhere. Its really cool to rewatch your battles in cinema mode like this.

IoW Supporter
8016 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:07 pm   Post subject:  Re: Company of Heroes 2 Back to top 

How many people per game?

=================================================
Download Post  No rating  
Venom
Senior Admin
Senior Admin
104308 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:07 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Pretty awesome. I might have to get it

General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:28 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Think mp can be up to 4 players online, that's how the last one was. I only played 1v1 cause I was a big chicken.

General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:12 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

So I've been playing this since it came out. It's fantastic. Its a tactical RTS game, whereas unlike the C&C series where you just tank rush the enemy and win, this one your resources are extremely limited and capped, and ever single soldier is precious. You win battles with careful planning, combined arms and utilizing cover to protect your troops. Keep your mortar squads safe in the back, place a mobile MG unit in a building, and get line of site on the enemy and their fucked.

Oh - and as the SP you're playing as the russians - some of your units carry the PPsh Cool

Also - the germans have riflenades - and they are DEVASTATING if you get hit by one (you get a little text warning that says "launching riflenade". Thats how you know to get that unit the hell outta there).

If you are into WWII history, the SP is interesting because it doesn't gloss over the atrocities that the russians pulled on their own citizens and troops. Either you die by the germans (or maybe win), or you die by the rear-guard. There is no retreat.

Anyway - this is my ringing endorsement for this game. I highly recommend it. Still trying to play through SP and maybe do a few offline skirmishes before I try and brave MP. I'll let you know how that goes.

Admin
Admin
87019 Points

USA US Michigan
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:12 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I've been meaning to get it. I played the first one online quite a bit. While it was fun, it is much funner if you play with your friends.

Steam summer sale is starting anyday now, and ill be looking to pick this game up during that time.

General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:14 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

...yet another game that Sin will probably kick my ass in Razz

my steam name: zunkination

Admin
Admin
87019 Points

USA US Michigan
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:01 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Steam sale just starting, so im going to hold off buying it until its on some sort of sale, its brand new so im guessing it will only go 20% at most.

I wasn't that good at the game. I was a C&C guy back in the day, so it took me awhile to adjust. While playing online I always got dumpster'd by exploiters mostly. My win/ratio was somewhere around 65-70%, but only because i regularly played with my cousin, who was extremely good at the game. Games like these though, I always like to play WITH the friends I have rather than against them. Its fun every once in awhile I guess, but I like to work with them and create strategies together to beat total strangers rather than get eachother mad and ragequit

General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:38 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

^^ that sounds cool, we should try that.

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic