Discord
Arrow IoW Discord Server

Server Monitor

Searching

Advanced Search

Style Select
Script by webmedic, v1.0.5

security

phpBB Security ©  Has Blocked 2,349 Exploit Attempts.

What a noob....

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
yourgunforever
Noob
33 Points

PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:18 pm   Post subject:  What a noob.... Back to top 

Can someone explain what trick jump, and the crouch bug
are? Also, you guys play with crosshair plusing? How big are
your crosshairs? And is there a way to switch weapons faster
when I use then sten and it over heats?

AND WHY THE CRAP ARE PANZERS CALLED NOOBS?????????

Download Post  No rating  
StEVoNuB420
Retired
Retired
52130 Points

USA US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:24 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Trickjump is noob shit.Instaed of planting at the wall to blow it up someone jumps over it and get on the other side to plant at guns.Thats one example of trickjumping.

Crouch bug effects some peeps only not all. If a person crouches and it seems that all the bullets ur pumping into him are not hitting him,then its a crouch bug.

My cross hair is not pulsing,I also have low sky,and no particles.
I play with small dot ,color light green.

Yeha just switch as soon as u know its gonna over heat.Best bet would be to shoot in burst,or do what I do,use ur duals first and then finish them off with sten.Takes a while to get used to but it pawns when u know how to do it.

Panzers are called NOOBS because it is by far the simplest gun to get cheap kills with.A beginner can use it for the first time and still get a decent amount of kills with it. Although I must admit it does take a tad bit of skillz to dominate with it.But if ur against it,peeps get pissed cuz its usually a one hit kill kinda deal.

6971 Points

Ukraine
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:59 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Oh, yourgunforever, I have to warn you cause Stevo aka 420 aka NUB is not exactly telling the truth.

Trickjump is 1337 stuff. Instead of dying like an idiot trying to plant at the wall to blow it up (while you have no team support and axis dominate the map) someone jumps over it and get on the other side to plant at guns (or at the other side of the wall... to piss axis off). Thats one example of trickjumping.

Download Post  No rating  
PistolPete
Retired
Retired
62486 Points

Poland US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:02 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

mayol wrote: › Oh, yourgunforever, I have to warn you cause Stevo aka 420 aka NUB is not exactly telling the truth.

Trickjump is 1337 stuff. Instead of dying like an idiot trying to plant at the wall to blow it up (while you have no team support and axis dominate the map) someone jumps over it and get on the other side to plant at guns (or at the other side of the wall... to piss axis off). Thats one example of trickjumping.

or even more effective is doing a tj on battery, as axis is spam artying you and engies keep on dying, you sneak on by, by trickjunping onto the top and run in the front and plant

Download Post  No rating  
Fuzzy Burrito
IoW Fanboy
9964 Points

Canada CA Ontario
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:22 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Trickjumping not only gets you places without doing the grunt work, you can also get to places otherwise impossible, or move across the map quicker than normal. To say that 'trick jumping is for noobs' is false. Trick jumping takes time to learn, if you were a noob, you could not complete any trick jumping tasks.

99.99% of ET players DO NOT have size pulsing crosshairs. The whole idea with crosshairs is people want them as small as possible, to help them concentrate on the target. I play with cg_drawcrosshair 0.

There is no quick way to switch from Sten to another weapon. Once it has overheated, you have to wait for it to cool down before you can fire it again, or switch weapons.

Some people deem panzer users "n00bs" as soon as they fire it. Personally, I call 'em noobs when they still use panzer after they have their full 140 heavy weapons points. I know others call people noobs when the just aim it at the floor, killing the enemy and themself. At any point in ET, if you use a panzerfaust, you must accept the fact that you are subject to n00b calls at any point.

Retired
Retired
62486 Points

Poland US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:26 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Whoracle wrote: › Trickjumping not only gets you places without doing the grunt work, you can also get to places otherwise impossible, or move across the map quicker than normal. To say that 'trick jumping is for noobs' is false. Trick jumping takes time to learn, if you were a noob, you could not complete any trick jumping tasks.

99.99% of ET players DO NOT have size pulsing crosshairs. The whole idea with crosshairs is people want them as small as possible, to help them concentrate on the target. I play with cg_drawcrosshair 0.

There is no quick way to switch from Sten to another weapon. Once it has overheated, you have to wait for it to cool down before you can fire it again, or switch weapons.

Some people deem panzer users "n00bs" as soon as they fire it. Personally, I call 'em noobs when they still use panzer after they have their full 140 heavy weapons points. I know others call people noobs when the just aim it at the floor, killing the enemy and themself. At any point in ET, if you use a panzerfaust, you must accept the fact that you are subject to n00b calls at any point.

or call a panzer a bitch, then get vote to mute u, then after it gets canceled, get bitched at in polish, without the bitch panzer knowing your polish

(u gotta love them polaks that play on the server)

Download Post  No rating  
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:46 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Trickjumping is caused by an exploit in the Quake 3 Team Arena engine - it's accomplished by circle-straffe jumping. I suck at it, in practice, I've only jumped the wall on Oasis once (empty server, waiting for someone to join...).
For the most part, I just use it to go down hills faster. When you see someone hoping through the map quickly - they are using this exploit.

Read all about it: http://velocity.lunarpages.com/trickjumping.html

Personally, I think TJ'ing is cheap as hell, and I want to !fling anyone (leet or not) who does it. There is nothing more annoying than fighting your ass off to defend an objective, and some Tj'ing asshole plants the dyno. So -- all your defense is for shit now. I know I know.....you can defend against the TJ, I know...it's still infuriating to me.

Personally, I hate all panzers, and if I had my way they would be banned from the game. Gayest weapon EVER.

IoW Regular
4692 Points

Finland
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:42 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

I have "pulsing crosshair", except it goes smaller when i shoot. Red dot...

3048 Points

USA US Indiana
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:59 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Obviously there is two sides to trickjumping. Those who can love it. Those who cant hate it. I know a couple tjs, but i never even try in Oasis cause it really pisses me off when people do it to me. Like somebody said before me, I hate defending my ass off and then getting screwed. Usually when that happens to me allies have a good team and could capture the bunker if they werent to busy trying to tj over. There are some tjs that i dont mind. Such, as sniper tjs, cause they dont by themselves end the map.

Download Post  No rating  
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:19 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Alkaline wrote: › Usually when that happens to me allies have a good team and could capture the bunker if they werent to busy trying to tj over.

DING DING DING! What do we have for him Bob?

I'm with smart

Last night, on Goldrush an allied team of 5 v 4 takes the tank in like, 29 seconds. I get bitched at for passing a 'restart' vote. Boo hoo. They ended up getting in again in 1:29 seconds. Then, a 2 v 3 (really, 2 v 2 because one of our guys was a noob panzerwhore) on Railgun -- leaves me and my allied buddy defending the gun for 20 minutes. We actually do for about 12 minutes, all the while -- HomoRainbow (a.ka. Scruff McGruff/Haaaas) on the axis team is bitching cause we're planting mines to defend - calling it "non-ET etiqute (sp?)". Granted, I'll give him that our worthless third member was a panzer, but man, we had to defend that gun for 20 minutes, give us a break.

....What the hell is Beck talking about?

Well, you started talking about good players TJ'ing just because they can, when really they have no problem takign the city and winning the map like men (or women, right Rainbow and SP? Wink ). So these two situations of good players bitching and moaning came to mind. [/digression]

Akaline wrote: › There are some tjs that i dont mind. Such, as sniper tjs, cause they dont by themselves end the map.

Yes, those one's don't really bother me. Jumping on roofs to snipe, etc.

The one that also pisses me off is the bunker jump by Fuel Dump to get on top of Axis spawn. And I wouldn't say that people who can't do it hate it just because they can't do it --- I just think it's cheap, that's all.

IoW Fanboy
9964 Points

Canada CA Ontario
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:55 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

That last TJ you are talking about Beck is probably the only one I do on server, that makes a difference to the game. I never do it before the gate is open though. You are just lucky I don't follow it up with the TJ that gets you from on top of the bunker to the fuel dump in about 4 seconds. Oh, and I guess I do the one that gets you up to the axis beach without using the ramp, but it's such a vulnerable jump; rarely is there a time an axis won't see you.

Otherwise, I only TJ on other servers, and in matches. Course, there isn't a ton of them on TWL maps.

Retired
Retired
62486 Points

Poland US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:51 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Whoracle wrote: › That last TJ you are talking about Beck is probably the only one I do on server, that makes a difference to the game. I never do it before the gate is open though. You are just lucky I don't follow it up with the TJ that gets you from on top of the bunker to the fuel dump in about 4 seconds. Oh, and I guess I do the one that gets you up to the axis beach without using the ramp, but it's such a vulnerable jump; rarely is there a time an axis won't see you.

Otherwise, I only TJ on other servers, and in matches. Course, there isn't a ton of them on TWL maps.

i tried hard to do the fuel dump one, but cant, i just know how ot tj into dump when the east is closed or onto beach

Download Post  No rating  
undefinedVariable
Noob
20 Points

PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:02 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Cyan is a really good color for crosshair. Medium size of course Smile

IoW Supporter
323 Points

Canada CA Alberta
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:35 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Im going to have to back stevoo on this if you wanna not be an idiot and die while planting use the covert option.

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic