Discord
Arrow IoW Discord Server

Server Monitor

Searching

Advanced Search

Style Select
Script by webmedic, v1.0.5

security

phpBB Security ©  Has Blocked 2,346 Exploit Attempts.

Winnie's new computer

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279757 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:03 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Hahah, yeah I guess it has been a number of years. Time flies. I'm still playing ET on a really old PC (i5) so 5 years seems new to me. The PC I'm on now is newer, but I don't do a lot of gaming on it.

PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:27 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

When you're done building a new one, send that old piece of shit to me. I'll fix it and repurpose it.

Download Post  No rating  
allagor
Senior Admin
Senior Admin
44798 Points

USA US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:13 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Make sure to get a good power supply. Two Cents

Brigadier General
Brigadier General
6443 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:43 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Guys I Have decided to go the premade route.
The site I am using is IBuypower. If you can give me suggestions the budget is now no higher then 1,500
This one is also an option.
https://xoticpc.com/collections/g11-omega/products/g11-omega-z490
Need input please.

Download Post  No rating  
Jayd
Retired
Retired
36440 Points

Puertorico US Florida
Yellow Cards: 1
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:54 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Winnie wrote (View Post): › Guys I Have decided to go the premade route.
The site I am using is IBuypower. If you can give me suggestions the budget is now no higher then 1,500
This one is also an option.
https://xoticpc.com/collections/g11-omega/products/g11-omega-z490
Need input please.

I heavily recommend against this on the basis that they're charging you WAY too much money. I just put together a computer on their site that was similar to the one I recommended to you and it came out to $1568.49. I then put together almost the same computer (couldn't find the exact same part, had to get better ones instead) on PCPartPicker and it was $1079.69. BTW I also recommend against an Intel build altogether since AMD is a better value as of right now AND gives you a better upgrade path.

If you really don't have anyone that can build it for you (V3nom?) and you don't think you can put it together yourself (I know you can, by the way) then go with some other website like Build Redux. They charge you normal prices for the parts and then just a $75 build fee on top. I literally put together a similar computer on their website (had to go for more RAM, a bigger M.2 SSD and a bigger storage HDD because they didn't let me choose anything lower) and it was $1384.

Admin
87019 Points

USA US Michigan
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:52 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

That xoticpc system is a total scam.

It for the most part is cheaper to buy the parts yourself and build it but there are acceptable deals to be found on Ibuypower and cyberpower sometimes.

Admin
38083 Points

France US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:32 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

cyberpower is having a sale right now

this seems to be a good deal for $1200

https://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1N9XPT with NORUSH coupon (found on reddit)

Admin
Admin
87019 Points

USA US Michigan
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:29 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

What kind of monitor does she have? Without knowing its hard to tell her to get a 3070. If shes got some random 1080p/60hz monitor then the 3070 is mostly pointless. The cyberpower deals seem decent especially if you're looking to get the new series of GPUs. Looks like you order it and they build it when they get them in so you don't have to sit on a discord constantly waiting for in stock alerts like I had to

Retired
36440 Points

Puertorico US Florida
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:18 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I would be surprised if she had a 1080p monitor, honestly. A computer with a 3070 in it seems like a waste.

Admin
38083 Points

France US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:46 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Agreed on all counts but on the other hand, since this was under budget, there is/was enough to grab a 1440p monitor on the side. I think these deals have expired now anyway

PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:32 am   Post subject:  Re: Winnie's new computer Back to top 

https://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Gaming-Instant-Ship-GXL-99053

Look up the individual parts for this and compare prices.

This doesn't have the RTX card in it but it may not matter for you?

Download Post  No rating  
Sin
Admin
Admin
87019 Points

USA US Michigan
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:30 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

That price is pretty bad considering you can get something like this for the same price: https://www.newegg.com/abs-ali472/p/N82E16883360057?Item=N82E16883360057

The 1660Ti gets blown away by the 3060TI. And honestly even then, I don't really like the price on that but that's just me.

I think winnie needs to just grab something like this, and then buy a decent monitor. There are many decent monitors right around 250-300. She can grab a curved Samsung Odyssey for right around there that's 1440p/144hz.

Cyberpower is posting daily deals everyday until MLK day at 8pm est. If winnie is serious about getting a PC she needs to jump on one of those. Yesterday there was a 3070 system for $980.

Brigadier General
6443 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:53 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

You guys are all giving good options. I have no idea what I'm doing at all . I don't know enough about computers that I don't understand what I am even looking at with what you guys show me. Irs bling faith that which ever one I pick that you guys showed me will work for me .

Download Post  No rating  
Winnie
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
6443 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:02 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

You guys are all giving good options. I have no idea what I'm doing at all . I don't know enough about computers that I don't understand what I am even looking at with what you guys show me. Irs bling faith that which ever one I pick that you guys showed me will work for me .

Download Post  No rating  
Venom
Senior Admin
Senior Admin
104308 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:04 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

someone needs to just tell winnie which one to buy

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic