Discord
Arrow IoW Discord Server

Server Monitor

Searching

Advanced Search

Style Select
Script by webmedic, v1.0.5

security

phpBB Security ©  Has Blocked 2,349 Exploit Attempts.

A Couple Tips (For Beginners)

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
OmegaBlade
IoW Regular
1908 Points

Srilanka
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:17 am   Post subject:  there is a way Back to top 

There may be a way to do this if u change the setup of the map or something for the server my bro plays has only one consturture box in the east. so no one can build the second part. But if u change the setup then the allies may be able to spwan from the command post. I vote against it............. I LIKE TO SEE OTHERS SUFFER Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Download Post  No rating  
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:19 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

We won't change the map, I was just being a smartass.

BTW - I HATE that version of Fuel Dump - it's hard to keep the allies from winning that map cause they keep coming too fast.

IoW Supporter
195 Points

USA US Michigan
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:50 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Nice tips Quizzle and welcome to the forums nice fraggin with you the other day.

I never knew you could throw nades/smoke/arty from the lean position. I will definitely have to try it out.

How do you aim your smg when you are jumping around? I have never been a big fan of leaping but i do use the crouch position quite often. Crouching does improve your aim and also can throw an enemy who is aiming for a headshot off.

Ah yes nothing is more important than gibbing the guy on the ground especially when there are enemy medics around because the guy you just kapped could be revived and bust a cap in ya. I personally target medics first and try to always gib even if i have to pull out my pistol.

Mg42's can be a very effective defensive weapon. What I don't like is when the attacking team is using the Mg42 to me you need to take a deep breath and charge into the fray.

Download Post  No rating  
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:00 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

DrEvil wrote: › I will definitely have to try it out.

Dammit Evil - you don't need any new tricks. Confused

Retired
Retired
16243 Points

Poland
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:45 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

You can threw nades while leaning ?! Oh man nice....

BTW. the other way of silent door opening is to open it while crouching.

MINES:

#1 Oasis:

- to Axis engies
- DO NOT plant mines in th fort while you have the Old City
- DO NOT plant mines if the dyno was just planted under the Old City Wall. YES you can defuse it.
- DO NOT plant half/all of mines around the entrance to north it really doesn't help. Much more effective is to plant 2 or 3 mines in the "corridor" from the tunnel to the south gun way.

- to Allies engies
- after you make the Wall kab0oM!!! plant 2 or 3 mines on the balcony in the way to the doors over the pump
- if u are 3 or 4 star engie sometimes it's good to plant first dyno at the floor of the gun and the 2nd on the gun instead of 1st on the gun 2nd the floor. I do it sometimes and after that i laugh when axis engies are rushing to defuse the upper dyno while the lower is ditrupting them =)

#2 Fuel Dump

- to Axis engies
- DO NOT put all/almsot all mines in the dump(behind the defs). It's complitely useless cuz most of the time engies are going by the roof and they even don't touch the ground. Better idea is to put them in to whay from the main gate to the doors or mine the side wall
- to Allies Cops
- DO NOT destroy the defs if your engie has planted the dyno on the dump. You are only helping your enemies.

#3 Seawall Battery
- to Axis engies
- i don't know why nobody is doing that(I've never seen anybody doing that, only me). Plant mines on the "hiil" <?> over the ramp. MANY MANY MANY allies are falling on 'em.
- to all Axis
- use the main bunker mg that goes out on the ramp. I like to see the faces of allies happy that they ren by the ramp and one sec after that killed by that mg.
- to Allies Cops
- JESUS CHRIST DO NOT destroy the generator if you let the engie in !!!!! God plz help those ppl who do that.....

#4 Goldrush
- to Axis engies
- smn said that before but I'm reminding. After the tank is stolen you should run to the Tank Barrier #1 and build it if it wasn't built before.
- DO NOT plant all mines on the "courtyard" before the Tank Barrier #2. Try to think over other places.

#5 Radar
- to Allies engies
- you don't have to capture the bunker. You can plant the dyno at Main Entrance and cover it till it blows up.

BTW. I finally know how to get to the top of the axis 2nd spawn LOL =)

#6 Railgun

- to Axis engies
- GOOD LUCK Twisted Evil

- to Allies engies
- yeah I know it's obvious but sometimes ppl forget bout that - plant mines over the trackswitch and next to the three bunker entrances.

Hmm....I think these are all most important things that you didn't mension before. Game is mutch easier if you will do that and you won't be called STUPID DUMBASS or ^&@%#*&^$(*&$# @$$#$#$@#@$ NOOB.

End of transmission. BzzZZzzZ......

Download Post  No rating  
Fluffy
Noob
0 Points

PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:49 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Many of thoose tips are a very good thing to know for me!
I will deffinatly start use many of them straight away!

BECK wrote: › #2
Axis on Fuel DUmp - NEVER build the complete east defenses. It makes it much easier for defuse dyno's if you don't have to go through the building up on the roof. In fact, i've noticed that allied teams still try and dyno the west side even though the east side is open - because they assume (maybe correctly) that the east side is mined to shit. So leaving it open for your own engineers access is not comprimising your defense that much. The other day, we left it open and some dumb-shit on our team built the rest of the east gate WHILE the allies were planting dynomite. I couldn't fricken believe it!

krissy wrote: › I Agree with bexy.. it will be nice if we have some sort of command to say "do not build east defense" but some blokes doesnt listen at all ....

I remember i did that once!
So many was crying for a Engineer, so i went engineer and built all defenses and so on. Then someone asked who had build defenses so i immediatly said i did it, but they were nice enough to tell me why, so i learned my lesson!

But on the other hand, i really dont like to play Engineer unless i really have to!

IoW Regular
385 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:08 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

the biggest tip I can give someone just trying the game out, is lower you mouse sense to as low as you can bare and play like that, it will increase your acc by a lot and you will get a lot more kills.

Download Post  No rating  
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:31 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

mehause wrote: › the biggest tip I can give someone just trying the game out, is lower you mouse sense to as low as you can bare and play like that, it will increase your acc by a lot and you will get a lot more kills.

Not sure I really agree with that, but to each their own. There is a fine line between too much sens and not enough. You might be able to hold your aim a bit more steady with lower sens, but you may find it hard to track most good players who sprint strafe and jitter-step while shooting back at you. Depends on what you mean by "lower your sens". Everyone has their own tastes I suppose - I've seen alpha players that have high sens, just as many have low sens, so who knows...Very Happy

IoW Supporter
310 Points

USA US Alaska
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:20 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I have sense set at 10, I have also had a few maps that have had the highest acc, personal preference, though, i have a buddy that plays with sense set at 2.9 and I used his comp when he went on vacation playing et, omg it sucked. Personal preference though.

Download Post  No rating  
mayol
IoW Regular
6971 Points

Ukraine
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:04 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

These are several simple rules I follow as Axis Engineer @ FuelDump.

1. Start map at the depot. Build all dfences. Ignore stupid requests to destroy bridge.
2. Plant all the landmines either at the depot gate or somewhere to complicate your own way to the objective. If some of smartass teammates have already planted all landmines somewhere else, find them, run over them (landmines, not teammates) and finally replant at the location specified earlier. Keep ignoring bridge requests (if they still occur).
3. When Allies have reached depot, its the best time to sneak to the bridge and destroy it. Keep moving to the first Allies spawn and destroy both MGs (at you own risk).
4. Take your time here. There is a cp and mg you can build. 14 XP!!! If you die (like a hero) while doing this dont bother reporting uni loss. Only loosers lose unis. You dont want you teammates to think you are looser.
5. If Allies have destroyed dfences and planted the dyno at the dump - ignore the dyno, rebuild defences. This way you will lock those allies bastards and they will die when dump explodes. You will also save some ammo.

Download Post  No rating  
StEVoNuB420
Retired
Retired
52130 Points

USA US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:11 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

HAHAHA Nice tips EX!!! Of what NOT to do. Laughing Laughing

310 Points

USA US Alaska
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:31 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I think I will have to try that sometime, I see it happen often enough.

Download Post  No rating  
Quazi
Retired
Retired
16243 Points

Poland
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:08 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

mayol wrote: › These are several simple rules I follow as Axis Engineer @ FuelDump.

5. If Allies have destroyed dfences and planted the dyno at the dump - ignore the dyno, rebuild defences. This way you will lock those allies bastards and they will die when dump explodes. You will also save some ammo.

I tottaly agrre with that point. Kille 'em with their own weapon !!!! And then the only thing you have to do is to say:

Plask....

Download Post  No rating  
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:41 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

!kick ex_mayol.

LOL. J/K.

That was pretty fricken funny dude...

IoW Regular
1908 Points

Srilanka
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:11 am   Post subject:  i kinda know Back to top 

I kinda knew that u can throw nade while leaning, read in a website but i always got killed for the nade falls near thw wall and blows me up. So after three tries i gave up. Rolling Eyes Any idea how to pass this technical problem.

Download Post  No rating  

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic