Discord
Arrow IoW Discord Server

Server Monitor

Searching

Advanced Search

Style Select
Script by webmedic, v1.0.5

security

phpBB Security ©  Has Blocked 2,346 Exploit Attempts.

Request: Increase the FOV limit on the server

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
NOITOM
Retired
Retired
2461 Points

USA US New York
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:52 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

333 fps will give u far jumps, makes it feel like the gravity isn't completely on

Download Post  No rating  
tAukima
IoW Supporter
2531 Points

USA SE Fishing Flag
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:12 pm   Post subject:  Re: Request: Increase the FOV limit on the server Back to top 

ontheqt wrote (View Post): › 140 FoV max

I really don't know about a FPS increase. Does that give players with a more powerful computer an edge? But whatever you do, I'll live with it.

140 fov is the max already, the point of this thread was to hopefully raise it to 160

Download Post  No rating  
Sin
Admin
Admin
87019 Points

USA US Michigan
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:34 pm   Post subject:  Re: Request: Increase the FOV limit on the server Back to top 

I really don't know about a FPS increase. Does that give players with a more powerful computer an edge? But whatever you do, I'll live with it.
Not an edge. Just a quality of life improvement if you have a monitor that can run at 144hz+.

Admin
30699 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:35 pm   Post subject:  Re: Request: Increase the FOV limit on the server Back to top 

tAukima wrote (View Post): ›

140 fov is the max already, the point of this thread was to hopefully raise it to 160

Sorry, I meant 160

Download Post  No rating  
Sin
Admin
Admin
87019 Points

USA US Michigan
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:40 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I also remember trying 333 maxfps out on our server way back and just getting connection errors

Brigadier General
67080 Points

USA US Ohio
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:59 pm   Post subject:  Re: Request: Increase the FOV limit on the server Back to top 

I'm all for upping the values. I as never really sure why those were even limited as low as they are in the first place.

Download Post  No rating  
Jayd
Retired
Retired
36440 Points

Puertorico US Florida
Yellow Cards: 1
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:00 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

FOV was originally capped at 300-something until we pointed it out and then it got capped to 140 XD

399 Points

New Zealand
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:19 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

the thing with the fps cap is there are effects on apparent recoil above 150...some testing we did a while back on our old server there seemed to be some definite no recoil benefits above 150 and above 200 recoil seemed to be almost non existant that was with both jaymod and silent...your mileage may vary...

Download Post  No rating  
Jayd
Retired
Retired
36440 Points

Puertorico US Florida
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:31 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I'm down for testing that.

Brigadier General
67080 Points

USA US Ohio
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:32 pm   Post subject:  Re: Request: Increase the FOV limit on the server Back to top 

I'm not familiar with the specifics in silEnT, but I suppose that could be a strange thing of the mod. I don't believe etPub had any benefits when we had it before. Was that with all weapons or just with large recoil weapons like snipers? I don't particularly want the playing field leveled since I'm used to absorbing the normal amount of recoil with my hand.

Download Post  No rating  
Sin
Admin
Admin
87019 Points

USA US Michigan
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:37 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Well we can set it to 144 and test for any fuckery then.

137 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:44 pm   Post subject:  Re: Request: Increase the FOV limit on the server Back to top 

my monitor goes to 240hz. Go to 240 fps!
joking. 144 seems fine. 125 is fine with me tbh. theres not gonna be any real visual difference from 125 to 144. Not like there is from 60 to 125.

And the 333 fps. You can set your fps to that on my tj server and its broken. It shouldn't be allowed on an obj server lol.
You can jump really far although your jump speed is reduced I think..?

Last edited by XpLo on Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:46 pm; edited 2 times in total

Download Post  No rating  
Dweeb
Noob
399 Points

New Zealand
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:08 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

sum1else wrote (View Post): ›
I'm not familiar with the specifics in silEnT, but I suppose that could be a strange thing of the mod. I don't believe etPub had any benefits when we had it before. Was that with all weapons or just with large recoil weapons like snipers? I don't particularly want the playing field leveled since I'm used to absorbing the normal amount of recoil with my hand.

with smgs it was more noticeable than with sniper weps..we were pretty sure it was client side effect tho teets did notice from spec I seemed pretty much like I was no recoil cheating at 333 and from a personal viewpoint felt more like I was playing on a lan server than my usual 200+ ping spray and pray

Download Post  No rating  
Jayd
Retired
Retired
36440 Points

Puertorico US Florida
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:35 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

So are we getting these new settings for tonight's games? We already have 5v5s going on XD

Major
9538 Points

Canada CA British Columbia
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:08 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Ffing tweakers, I see I'll fall further behind running my stock setting.

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic