Discord
Arrow IoW Discord Server

Server Monitor

Searching

Advanced Search

Style Select
Script by webmedic, v1.0.5

security

phpBB Security ©  Has Blocked 2,348 Exploit Attempts.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Sir Sux-A-Lot
Subject:  lag spike on some events since ETLegacy
So I moved to ETLegacy quite a bit ago but since then I'm having these random lag spikes that seemed to be triggered by events/sounds like obj being destroyed/constructed, stuff like that... It lasts one second and goes back to normal but it's still a few times per map.

Any ideas what could be causing that?

Download Post
bearcat*
Subject:  
Winnie was saying same thing but she goes total freeze mode.

Download Post
Winnie
Subject:  
When it happens to me. I freeze for about 4-6 seconds depending. I don`t know if it`s more then you mentioned like me.
Examples :
Dyno being planted or defused
Something being constructed or destroyed
People playing sounds on the server.
When the voice says 5 minutes, 2 minutes or 30 secs left on the server.
Those are the main ones for me. Its kinds of hit and miss. It happens with some things more then others, but always happens. If anyone watched me a whole map. They would really know what happens

Download Post
HalfBak3d
Subject:  
Are you using a custom .cfg?

When I switched to Legacy I had a similar issue and was using a.config I've had for years. Some of the settings were not supported by Silent, but did not cause me any issues until I made the move to Legacy

Download Post
Sir Sux-A-Lot
Subject:  
@Winnie: The spikes I get are short but well long enough to lose any duel in any case.

@Bak3d: I believe I'm using a custom config or parts of one from the ETPro days but I'm not sure what's left of it in my autoexec file so I'll have to take a look. In any case it's good thing to check even that means I have to clean up or redo my cfg

Download Post
Winnie
Subject:  
@Sir take a look at it sometime. The duh way to do it is . I look at the time clock of the map when i freeze. Then again when i unfreeze.
I have another example(s) also
When the map actually ends. I freeze.
I freeze during the map voting also, but i think that's just people playing sound clips.

Download Post
HalfBak3d
Subject:  
@Sux

I made a post on the silent forum with my config and they were able to point me in the right direction. I'll see if I can't find it, but I was unable to earlier.

Download Post
Sir Sux-A-Lot
Subject:  
I did find remnants of an old ETPro config in my autoexec so that's a good place to start looking

Download Post
BECK
Subject:  
Here's a question - why use ETLegacy?

I still run the standard ET and have no problems, running Win7.

Download Post
Anto*
Subject:  
I have the same problem Sux, and I don't use legacy :( It is indeed a cfg problem, but I'm not sure which one.
If you play without a cfg you'll see the problem is gone... I've read in other forums that must be some sound cfg like com_soundmegs but I changed the value of it and the difference wasn't very notable :/

Download Post
Jayd
Subject:  
BECK wrote (View Post): › Here's a question - why use ETLegacy?

The main reasons I use it are:

• borderless fullscreen window mode
  • fast minimizing
  • Raw mouse input support
  • proper support for modern operating systems (it has separate install and user data paths)

And I'm not gonna lie, support for "r_wolffog 0" is definitely a big plus for me.

I would imagine for people that go to other servers (lol), the clean command that gets rid of unwanted menu and pk3 files is useful.

I'm sure there's other reasons (changing the color of your text as soon as you type the carrot and the number value to effectively get a preview of the color you are using is pretty nice, for example) that I'm forgetting right now but all in all, it's just nice knowing that you're using a program that's still being actively developed.

Download Post
allagor
Subject:  
This is the reason I recommend making a new cfg

Just copy over anything you really need (class selector, name binds, resolution) and most problems should go away.

Download Post
Sir Sux-A-Lot
Subject:  Re: lag spike on some events since ETLegacy
BECK wrote (View Post): ›
Here's a question - why use ETLegacy?

I'm attracted to what is new and shiny :(

Anto* wrote (View Post): ›
I have the same problem Sux, and I don't use legacy :( It is indeed a cfg problem, but I'm not sure which one.
If you play without a cfg you'll see the problem is gone... I've read in other forums that must be some sound cfg like com_soundmegs but I changed the value of it and the difference wasn't very notable :/

I've been thinking of bumping all these com_* variables given the symptoms

My com_soundmegs was set to 24 FWIW

Jayd wrote (View Post): ›
changing the color of your text as soon as you type the carrot and the number value to effectively get a preview of the color you are using is pretty nice, for example

what sorcery is this

Download Post
Jayd
Subject:  Re: lag spike on some events since ETLegacy
Sir Sux-A-Lot wrote (View Post): ›

Jayd wrote (View Post): ›
changing the color of your text as soon as you type the carrot and the number value to effectively get a preview of the color you are using is pretty nice, for example

what sorcery is this

Try it. Open up your console and type ^3Hello and you will see it will change the "Hello" to the proper color.

Download Post
BECK
Subject:  
uh.....mine does that already dude. In PLAIN OLD VANILLA ET!!!!!! :P At least it does when I'm doing '/set name' command.

@allagor
LOL @ "loading XP from 46 years ago"? Did I really see that?
And ....that is QUITE the crosshair LOL.

Download Post
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: