Discord
Arrow IoW Discord Server

Server Monitor

Searching

Advanced Search

Style Select
Script by webmedic, v1.0.5

security

phpBB Security ©  Has Blocked 2,348 Exploit Attempts.

New Map: Tank Race

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:01 pm   Post subject: Note New Map: Tank Race Back to top 

....not be to confused with 2Tanks. This was also suggested by bearcat.

Check it out:
http://et.splatterladder.com/?mod=mapinfo&idx=3305

Admin
Admin
87019 Points

USA US Michigan
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:00 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Pretty spammy. Be prepared for a full map of arty spam and panzers camping the spawn exits.

Jr. Admin
4010 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:42 am   Post subject:  Re: New Map: Tank Race Back to top 

I enjoyed the map during my first playthrough. Even when the other team got ahead we were still able to keep up, which kept my interest. But my team sucked so we lost and i was angry. But I liked the map. Problems are the usual suspects, arty spam always, spawn exits are a major issue. Other than that I had fun, i'll vote for it if i don't think that everybody will leave the server if I do.

Edit: I think specific maps need certain things changed, like arty on tank race and several other maps. panzers on supply are an issue too. this is not sour grapes but i think if we put restrictions on a few maps it'd do the server some good.

Download Post  No rating  
Venom
Senior Admin
Senior Admin
104308 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:36 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

the arty spam was lol

Major
9538 Points

Canada CA British Columbia
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:17 am   Post subject:  Re: New Map: Tank Race Back to top 

Okay guys let me dust off because <IoW> bus just ran me over. Wink

Small map for small amount of people. Yes can be very arty spammy. Like you saw last night it was a close race so a field ops calling arty non-stop will hurt his teammates. Spawn exits, there are 3 exits. Front, side, and basement, basement takes you to the grand stands. There is barriers to slow down the other teams tank. The building box for barriers is on the outside of race track.(grand stand side) There is also a cp in the tower. (panzer location) The grand stands can be a good sniper spot till you are spotted. An for Mortar I'm sure Allagor will figure it out. I think you can jump from the tower window onto spawn roof. (don't quote me)

I think it's a good map here when numbers are small and the way maps are rotated should be okay here.

Senior Admin
Senior Admin
104308 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:28 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I liked it to be honest. You need people actually trying to repair the tank otherwise its just a frag map. I think thats what happened with allies when axis was almost halfway. Then nerv went eng and evened the tanks up. Its something different, and bearcat you are right, small numbers map. Full server, no fucking way.

General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:54 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

We can put a number restriction on this map if it plays better with 4v4s max. We do that for a number of our maps.

As to restrictions per map, that is a slippery slope, but it can be done. Kroc, if you are serious about that, start a thread in members forums with your suggestions and we can discuss. But whenever it comes to restricting weapons, people are going to get pretty damned defensive about it. We've tried to make these kind of changes in the past and it usually ends up alienating a group of people to make another group of people happy, so can't guarantee that those will definitely be implemented, but it doesn't hurt to discuss Wink

Senior Admin
Senior Admin
104308 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:08 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

BECK wrote (View Post): › We can put a number restriction on this map if it plays better with 4v4s max. We do that for a number of our maps.

As to restrictions per map, that is a slippery slope, but it can be done. Kroc, if you are serious about that, start a thread in members forums with your suggestions and we can discuss. But whenever it comes to restricting weapons, people are going to get pretty damned defensive about it. We've tried to make these kind of changes in the past and it usually ends up alienating a group of people to make another group of people happy, so can't guarantee that those will definitely be implemented, but it doesn't hurt to discuss Wink

I think getting rid of fdops on this map will promote teamwork instead of just arty spam. Or itll just still be a frag map

Admin
30729 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:27 pm   Post subject:  Re: New Map: Tank Race Back to top 

If you limit the map to 4 v 4 or less, doubt you need to make any other changes.

Download Post  No rating  
bearcat*
Major
Major
9538 Points

Canada CA British Columbia
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:26 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I like venoms idea of removing field ops. If you restrict the numbers and a new or anybody shows up they don't want to wait.
Self control

Jr. Admin
Jr. Admin
4010 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:58 am   Post subject:  Re: New Map: Tank Race Back to top 

i suppose i'll post a thread to see if there's any interest in discussing any restrictions. it is a slippery slope. i do think that certain weapons negatively affect certain maps, but i also know that other people dont feel the same way. bottom line i just want the server to be fun and playable for everyone

Download Post  No rating  
ontheqt
Admin
Admin
30729 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:42 am   Post subject:  Re: New Map: Tank Race Back to top 

Krocsyldiphithic wrote (View Post): › i suppose i'll post a thread to see if there's any interest in discussing any restrictions. it is a slippery slope. i do think that certain weapons negatively affect certain maps, but i also know that other people dont feel the same way. bottom line i just want the server to be fun and playable for everyone

For example, I could say I want to eliminate FOps on Oasis because of Sum1's arty spamming. Or I could say I want to eliminate mortar on maps like SupplyDepot because Allagor beats the hell out of Allies with it. Etc. I don't want to do any of that.

Could we just try limiting TankRace to 4 vs. 4 or less and then seeing if further action needed? I'm not opposed to considering further action, just suggesting we try incremental changes and then refining as necessary.

Download Post  No rating  
HalfBak3d
Retired
Retired
26782 Points

USA US Arizona
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:21 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

I'll have to play the map once to see how I feel about the arty since I'm one of the arty whores around here. But spam sucks and can ruin some maps so I'm open to the idea

Download Post  No rating  
Sin
Admin
Admin
87019 Points

USA US Michigan
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:31 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I think it would be a good test map to disable arty and airstrikes. Soldier would be a lot more useful with the IED for disabling the tank anyway. Also it makes the person blowing up the tank to actually be near the tank instead of calling arty from across the map and just camping, which is what any arty slut does anyway.

It should actually be a race instead of whoever lucks through a field of artys and airstrikes to get 2 cranks on a constantly bombarded tank. It's not fun for anyone on any map when it's like that. No arty or airstrikes makes the map have actual strategy with balancing offense with defense.

General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:40 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I haven't played the map yet, so I probably don't have a lot of weight behind my opinion but...

1. I already limited the numbers to 8 or less.

2. This map is one of literally over 100 that may be on the server for a few weeks a year. It's not one of the core maps, so I'm not sure we need to put a lot of effort into "fixing it". I may may feel differently should I ever get a chance to play it, but I'm extremely reluctant to stifle our "anything goes" philosophy for this or any other maps.

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic