Discord
Arrow IoW Discord Server

Server Monitor

Searching

Advanced Search

Style Select
Script by webmedic, v1.0.5

security

phpBB Security ©  Has Blocked 2,346 Exploit Attempts.

Day Break

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
bearcat*
Major
Major
9538 Points

Canada CA British Columbia
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:44 pm   Post subject:  Day Break Back to top 

I would like to open up a discussion to help me understand why people are not a fan of DayBreak. Personally it is one of my fav maps going. Its one of the best attacking axis map out there. Regardless attacking or defending I love how you have to be so focus for up to 40 minutes or less.
I know about stats, and I totally understand how that works to show a reason, but at the same time I show a different meaning to the same stats. Yes, I understand you need a certain amount of players to play the map, but I think there is a false look at the map saying its so big. I don't look at it as one big map, but series of small maps within the game (daybreak). I know it takes about 40 minutes to win or lose. Other night I watch all you guys jump on Base Race. A thirty minute map which the outcome of the map can be told in the first five minutes and the next twenty five minutes people slowly leave on break or just frag.
Beer Run a 12 minute map, is in my top five I like to play. So short of a map tho. You play a handful of these maps and then back to the same rotation and it gets stale. Et wasn't designed for the five minute maps. Maybe that's why some of you guys turned to other games Vick (rust) Winnie (payday) (lego harry potter), wtf is that a toddler's game?
I'm not expecting to play daybreak with LOW numbers, but it would be nice to play it with good players and when the server is full. WITH NO GLITCHING THE MAP. I know through experience if you play the map a few times you will see and maybe understand why I like it.
Thank you for taking the time to read and I'll look forward to your positive or negative feed back of Daybreak.
bearcat*

Admin
Admin
87019 Points

USA US Michigan
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:47 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

It's just like all the other MLB maps. They are huge, have tons of objectives and take forever to play through. For me personally, I have to be in a certain mood to play a MLB map. I don't think any of them are bad maps. They are made pretty well compared to a lot of customs. It's just that they all pretty much take the full 30 minutes, just like baserace. And that's not even a bad thing really, Oasis and Goldrush do pretty well on our server. Daybreak is just a controversial map, there is a lot of people that aren't a fan of the map. Who is going to stick around for 30 minutes of a map they don't like? Sure some people don't like our "regular" maps but since beerrun is only 12 minutes they just suck it up for that amount of time instead of raging. Daybreak is almost always 30 minutes with multiple choke points that can make it very un-fun to play, not to mention the people that use the secret room and shoot from the ceiling of the map. I don't speak for everyone, but when it gets voted and half the server goes spec that's probably why.

With that being said, it's still on the rotation every few weeks. We know there are lots of server killers out there, and we have to minimize when and how often to put them on. And BECK does a pretty good job with the map list, which other servers change the entire lineup EVERY week? The guy spoils us.

Senior Admin
44798 Points

USA US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:51 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I personally hate any map that adds time to itself (so all mlb maps) 20 minutes into a map and I'm just waiting for it to end, win or lose, so I can take a break. I don't like leaving mid map screwing my team.
The first part of daybreak with the tank sucks unless all you want to do is snipe. Just this huge ass open space with minimal cover. Once you get inside it's not a bad map.

Also, getting onto the sky isn't a glitch. It's a teleport hidden by the map creators (there's one hidden in all the mlb maps) There are some buttons on the wall past the first teleport which can fuck up the map, but if you don't touch those & just go to the sky, that won't fuck the map. (buttons are labled to change spawn / chargebar time, but they don't, & instead freeze the final countdown. probably a bug in the map script)

IoW Supporter
6007 Points

Brazil
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:22 pm   Post subject:  Re: Day Break Back to top 

I'm not a big fun but I don't hate Daybreak either. I helped to vote for it many times in servers the others players enjoyed it. Anything that brings more people to play is fine for me in general, there is just a few maps that I really hate. For all MLB maps this is the best one imo.
I think there are some settings on the map that can piss off some players: 1) it adds time, as allagor said; 2) it's huge, and not everyone likes it, and some people vote when there is not enough people; 3) it's long, so it can be boring specially if teams are bad; 4) too many objectives, so it takes a while to learn where and how to do them.
I would play it without problems, but if it's a server killer maybe it's not a good idea.

Download Post  No rating  
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279757 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:51 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I think the map is good if people know it. I've played it a dozen times and I still sometimes get lost. I don't mind playing long maps, but I understand that people don't like them.

I general, I limit the weekly map pool to one "giant" map, and even choose maps that I personally may not like, but I know there are people out there that do. Every map in our pool is there because at one point or another over the past eleven years, someone asked for it. I try and create a good mix of maps each week that appeal to a large group. There are some stinkers, sure, but that stinker may be someone's favorite map, and if that person is on, they will no doubt have a more enjoyable time playing. Exhibit A:. Vick and Pacman. Exhibit B:. Bearcat and Daybreak.

Ultimately, whatever we're doing, it works because it's 2016 and we're still thriving! Smile

Retired
Retired
36440 Points

Puertorico US Florida
Yellow Cards: 1
Yellow Cards: 1
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:06 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Exhibit C: THE GAUNLET and JayD.

Major
9538 Points

Canada CA British Columbia
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:08 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Thanks guys, understand it all. I knew it was coming soon in rotation and I was trying to sell the idea of it being four maps not one large map. I guess I shouldn't quit my day job.

Maybe before it gets pull out of rotation, you can throw a first vote to it. Please not at different times guys Wink

Allagor you can even join axis and mortar through the whole map.

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic