Discord
Arrow IoW Discord Server

Server Monitor

Searching

Advanced Search

Style Select
Script by webmedic, v1.0.5

security

phpBB Security ©  Has Blocked 2,348 Exploit Attempts.

drawgun offset?

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
Sir Sux-A-Lot
Admin
Admin
38083 Points

France US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:15 am   Post subject:  drawgun offset? Back to top 

I've been playing with drawgun set to 0 for a long time but I still fuck up on a regular basis because what I expect in the heat of the moment is not always what it actually is (LET ME KILL YOU WITH THESE MEDIPACKS!!!!). So I'm curious if I can enable drawgun with an offset so that it's lower on the screen. Anyone familiar with the silEnT HUD editor enough to chime in?

Retired
Retired
36465 Points

Puertorico US Florida
Yellow Cards: 1
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:08 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Well I know you can make the gun thinner and translucent with cg_drawgun 6 so that might help out. allagor should be able to help you with the HUD editor.

Retired
26782 Points

USA US Arizona
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:59 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

!play jayd

Download Post  No rating  
Sir Sux-A-Lot
Admin
Admin
38083 Points

France US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:15 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

I haven't found anything about that yet and still have to play with the various drawgun values that silEnT implmented.

I thought I could mitigate this by adding the weaponbanks thingy in the hud but it's at the same spot as the TS overlay so it's useless in that case.

Admin
Admin
38083 Points

France US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:57 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

update:

cg_gunx, cg_guny and cg_gunz would do that but these cvars are cheat protected. I'm not sure as I don't see what advantage can come from abusing these cvars but anyway....

Retired
Retired
36465 Points

Puertorico US Florida
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:12 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Fix it BECK Razz

EDIT: You're on Legacy, right? Because I know some cvars that are cheat-protected on vanilla that are not protected on Legacy (f.ex. "r_wolffog 0")

General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:42 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

We don't have that turned off. Even if we did, I think all the restricted CVARS are built into the mod now.
Edit: looks like Sir already asked them about it Smile

Admin
Admin
38083 Points

France US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:42 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

JayD it seems these are locked by silEnT

Beck, yep I resurrected an old thread on the silEnT forums to see if they could do something about it. they probably won't but eh

General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:35 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I suspect we've seen the last release of silEnT.

Senior Admin
Senior Admin
44798 Points

USA US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:38 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Although the silent hud editor can't modify your drawgun, it allows you to enable/disable, change size & drag around anything on it's list to wherever you want it. So you could position the weaponbanks or weapon card somewhere the ts overlay isn't at.

Retired
Retired
4032 Points

New Zealand
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:19 am   Post subject:  Re: drawgun offset? Back to top 

You can use something like this Sux:

Code: ›
set w1 "weaponbank 1; cg_drawGun 1; bind mwheelup vstr w2; bind mwheeldown vstr w6"
set w2 "weaponbank 2; cg_drawGun 0; bind mwheelup vstr w3; bind mwheeldown vstr w1"
set w3 "weaponbank 3; cg_drawGun 0; bind mwheelup vstr w4; bind mwheeldown vstr w2"
set w4 "weaponbank 4; cg_drawGun 1; bind mwheelup vstr w5; bind mwheeldown vstr w3"
set w5 "weaponbank 5; cg_drawGun 1; bind mwheelup vstr w6; bind mwheeldown vstr w4"
set w6 "weaponbank 6; cg_drawGun 1; bind mwheelup vstr w1; bind mwheeldown vstr w5"
set w7 "weaponbank 7; cg_drawGun 1; bind mwheelup vstr w1; bind mwheeldown vstr w5"
set w8 "weaponbank 8; cg_drawGun 1; bind mwheelup vstr w1; bind mwheeldown vstr w5"
set w9 "weaponbank 9; cg_drawGun 1; bind mwheelup vstr w1; bind mwheeldown vstr w5"

bind 1 "vstr w1"
bind 2 "vstr w2"
bind 3 "vstr w3"
bind 4 "vstr w4"
bind 5 "vstr w5"
bind 6 "vstr w6"
bind 7 "vstr w7"
bind 8 "vstr w8"
bind 9 "vstr w9"
vstr w3

It changes your drawgun depending on the weapon you choose

Been using it for years. Can fuck up if you do something like satchel and try and switch to main weapon before the animation finishes. I also don't use the mouse wheel to change weapons often (scrolling up when on weapon slot 6 will go back to slot 1).

Download Post  No rating  

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic