Discord
Arrow IoW Discord Server

Server Monitor

Searching

Advanced Search

Style Select
Script by webmedic, v1.0.5

security

phpBB Security ©  Has Blocked 2,348 Exploit Attempts.

Motown Monday

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
ontheqt
Admin
Admin
30731 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:40 pm   Post subject:  Re: Motown Monday Back to top 

Download Post  No rating  
ontheqt
Admin
Admin
30731 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:10 pm   Post subject:  Re: Motown Monday Back to top 

Download Post  No rating  
ontheqt
Admin
Admin
30731 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:17 am   Post subject:  Re: Motown Monday Back to top 

Different version of Smiling Faces.

And a bonus.

And another bonus.

Download Post  No rating  
Venom
Senior Admin
Senior Admin
104308 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:30 am   Post subject:  Re: Motown Monday Back to top 

Admin
30731 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:21 am   Post subject:  Re: Motown Monday Back to top 

Download Post  No rating  
ontheqt
Admin
Admin
30731 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:48 am   Post subject:  Re: Motown Monday Back to top 

Download Post  No rating  
ontheqt
Admin
Admin
30731 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:15 am   Post subject:  Re: Motown Monday Back to top 

Get your week going with some Motown and The Isley Brothers!

Download Post  No rating  
ontheqt
Admin
Admin
30731 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:36 am   Post subject:  Re: Motown Monday Back to top 

Debbie Dean was an American singer who was the first white solo artist to record for Motown. Enjoy and have a fun week!

Download Post  No rating  
ontheqt
Admin
Admin
30731 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:30 am   Post subject:  Re: Motown Monday Back to top 

Tammi Terrell & Marvin Gaye

Download Post  No rating  
ontheqt
Admin
Admin
30731 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:59 pm   Post subject:  Re: Motown Monday Back to top 

Download Post  No rating  
ontheqt
Admin
Admin
30731 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:03 am   Post subject:  Re: Motown Monday Back to top 

Download Post  No rating  
ontheqt
Admin
Admin
30731 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:40 am   Post subject:  Re: Motown Monday Back to top 

I was on travel this past Monday so we are going to have a little Motown today to get things going right for ET tonight. This one is dedicated to all those off playing other games instead of ET.

Download Post  No rating  
ontheqt
Admin
Admin
30731 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:18 am   Post subject:  Re: Motown Monday Back to top 

Download Post  No rating  
ontheqt
Admin
Admin
30731 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:59 am   Post subject:  Re: Motown Monday Back to top 

Happy Motown Monday!

Download Post  No rating  
ontheqt
Admin
Admin
30731 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:31 pm   Post subject:  Re: Motown Monday Back to top 

I'll be busy tomorrow morning so posting this tonight. Time for some Motown history.

Q: Can you tell me who has "played on more number-one hits than the Beatles, Elvis Presley, the Rolling Stones and the Beach Boys combined"?

A: The Funk Brothers

Don't know who they are? As noted on Wikipedia:

"The Funk Brothers were a group of Detroit-based session musicians who performed the backing to most Motown recordings from 1959 until the company moved to Los Angeles in 1972. They are considered one of the most successful groups of studio musicians in music history. The Funk Brothers played on Motown hits such as "My Girl", "I Heard It Through the Grapevine", "Baby Love", "Signed, Sealed, Delivered I'm Yours", "Papa Was a Rollin' Stone", "The Tears of a Clown", "Ain't No Mountain High Enough", and "Heat Wave".

The role of the Funk Brothers is described in Paul Justman's 2002 documentary film Standing in the Shadows of Motown, based on Allan Slutsky's book of the same name. The opening titles claim that the Funk Brothers have "played on more number-one hits than the Beatles, Elvis Presley, the Rolling Stones and the Beach Boys combined."

In 2008 surviving members recorded Live in Orlando, an album and video."

So listen to some Motown hits with a new perspective and a new appreciation for the musicians. It's Motown Monday, cheers!

Download Post  No rating  

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic