Discord
Arrow IoW Discord Server

Server Monitor

Searching

Advanced Search

Style Select
Script by webmedic, v1.0.5

security

phpBB Security ©  Has Blocked 2,348 Exploit Attempts.

Xfire is closing down on Friday

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
Sin
Admin
Admin
87019 Points

USA US Michigan
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:48 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Becks steam is brian_diamond, ive had him friended for years so you guys can suck on that.

Senior Admin
44798 Points

USA US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:49 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Nah, I just don't want to rely on a IM client running through wine, steam has native versions for every OS ET is on (Win/Linux/Mac) so steam is probably the way to go.

Admin
Admin
87019 Points

USA US Michigan
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:56 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

We get a lot of traffic through xfire friends of friends than you guys think, I think we might see a hit in players. We might wait and see what some of the turbo nerds do in replacement of xfire.

Retired
36440 Points

Puertorico US Florida
Yellow Cards: 1
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:00 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Admin
87019 Points

USA US Michigan
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:10 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

So far I think Evolve looks like the next best thing. I though raptr sucked.

https://www.evolvehq.com/welcome

Senior Admin
44798 Points

USA US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:19 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

If you do grab evolve, I already have an account, same username as my xfire.

Admin
Admin
87019 Points

USA US Michigan
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:29 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I grabbed Evolve and made an account. IoW_Sin

I do really like the program so far, and it seems cool that you can make "parties". They also are allowing people to import all of their clocked hours from their xfire accounts.

I want to test if people can follow me into servers through the friends list though.

**edit well so far Evolve doesnt seem up to snuff, me and allagor both appear offline to eachother so we can't really even test it. It still would be a handy program for those of that get into playing any RTS games as it has a built in virtual lan. So we can play some of the older RTS titles like AoM and AoE2

Retired
32504 Points

USA US New Hampshire
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:53 pm   Post subject:  Re: Xfire is closing down on Friday Back to top 

you guys are gonna love this. Imy OS UI click the Wolf ET button and connect to a server I only know a redirect for. Twisted Evil

Admin
Admin
38083 Points

France US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:03 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

did you try the xfire import with evolve?

https://blog.evolvehq.com/2015/06/goodbye-xfire-we-will-miss-you/

ps: it only imports your time played

Admin
Admin
87019 Points

USA US Michigan
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:16 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

I tried importing my data yesterday and almost a day later it still hasn't showed up on the profile yet.

Senior Admin
104308 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:29 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

My evolve name is hsvenom

1567 Points

USA US Utah
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:39 pm   Post subject:  Re: Xfire is closing down on Friday Back to top 

You all just left because i made an account on xfire didn't you?! lol.. i'm going to follow you to the new one too, cant lose me that easy. Wink

Download Post  No rating  
Venom
Senior Admin
Senior Admin
104308 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:46 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

The day after she made an account, xfire announced it was closing.

Retired
36440 Points

Puertorico US Florida
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:09 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Goddamnit Misti!

General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:31 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

More info that I found:

somewhere on the web wrote: ›
In 2003, Xfire released the Xfire Client, the first product to bring the outside world into your games. Since its humble beginnings as a simple chat client it has steadily grown to enable users to take screenshots, videos, and live broadcasts and share them on the Xfire Social Website. Attracting over 24 million users into a healthy and vibrant community, it set the standard for the socialization of PC Games.

We’ve also seen esports grow from small LAN Parties into a maturing industry. Esports has the potential to grow as large as its real world counterpart, and at Xfire, we want to be a part of that. For this reason, we have decided to sunset the Xfire Client and the social site so we can focus our efforts on The Xfire Tournament Platform. This hasn’t been an easy decision. We have a lot of loyal users and we know many of you will be disappointed by the loss of the client and community. But we feel that we are well positioned to make a significant impact in bringing the exhilaration of esports from the pros to the masses, and we can’t do that effectively while also maintaining the client and social website.

I went to the URL to download my stuff...apparently I'm going to be waiting for a while:

Spoilers: 

Please wait - Your archive is being processed...

You are #17871 in queue
Note: You can close this window and visit later; Your data is still being processed in the background.

Need help? Contact Xfire Support.

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic