Discord
Arrow IoW Discord Server

Server Monitor

Searching

Advanced Search

Style Select
Script by webmedic, v1.0.5

security

phpBB Security ©  Has Blocked 2,346 Exploit Attempts.

Xfire is closing down on Friday

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
Jayd
Retired
Retired
36440 Points

Puertorico US Florida
Yellow Cards: 1
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:12 pm   Post subject:  Xfire is closing down on Friday Back to top 

So Xfire is closing down this Friday. Holy shit. I can't believe it.

Does anyone know of an alternative service we'll be able to use to keep in touch and see which games we're playing and on what servers? That'd be super useful.

Admin
87019 Points

USA US Michigan
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:15 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

might have to bust out gamespy arcade, thats what I used to find and join servers in rtcw and early et

https://youtu.be/2Y1CDy5rSJQ?t=12s

Admin
38083 Points

France US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:57 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I've used Game Scanner as my server browser since the All Seeing Eye went down but there is no user/friend/community management.

It seems like Raptr is the new xfire (Too bad ET is not fully supported in Steam, that would be ideal)

Senior Admin
Senior Admin
104308 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:59 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Wow. Way to ruin my day.

Admin
87019 Points

USA US Michigan
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:00 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I just tried out raptr and it totally sucks, I think Evolve is probably the way to go

Senior Admin
104308 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:14 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I guess Raptr is made by one of the lead guys who did xfire. Gonna try that shit

General of the Army
279757 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:22 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Shit....I use xfire to record videos. Bastards, now I gotta figure out how to do that with something else.

Whatever you all settle on, I'll be there -- but isn't there a way to add custom games to steam?

http://www.howtogeek.com/179370/how-to-add-non-steam-games-to-steam-and-apply-custom-icons/

This might be promising.

Senior Admin
Senior Admin
104308 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:35 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Yeah BECK thats what allagor, jayd, and I do already. But it doesn't track what server your on so you cant "Join game" and auto connect.

Retired
36440 Points

Puertorico US Florida
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:37 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Some of us (allagor, V2, Venom, Misti and myself) already have ET on Steam, but since it's a custom shortcut it just doesn't really work like Xfire does where people can see what server you're on and follow you into it. That doesn't bother me though, I'm only ever on IoW anyway. !play iow

I don't really care too much about Xfire's features, I only used it to talk to some of my ET friends. And that's the part that's bugging me, that I might lose contact with some of them since we don't have any other methods of communication. I've put my Steam profile URL in my Xfire status so hopefully some of them see it and add me.

I really wish Xfire would just give us a way to export our friends list or something.

@BECK: If you have an NVIDIA card, try their built-in ShadowPlay feature. If not, try a program like Fraps or Dxtory.

General of the Army
279757 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:02 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I only play <IoW>. Haven't been on another server in years. I guess I use xfire mostly so I can see who is online and what they're playing - or else show other people I'm online. Sounds like Steam is the way to go in that regard.

Steam name: zunkination

Senior Admin
Senior Admin
104308 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:07 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Yeah I wouldnt bother with Raptr. I'm uninstalling it. I mainly just used xfire to see whos online and whos online on our server. I might just end up downloading Gametracker app.

Senior Admin
104308 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:10 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

zunkination just shows 3 people from euroland. not you

Retired
36440 Points

Puertorico US Florida
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:10 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I don't plan on downloading anything. I'm just gonna keep using Steam. I'm just sad that I might lose some people.

BECK: There's three results when I search for you with "zunkination", none of them seem to be you since they're all from other countries. When you get a chance, open Steam, click on your username twice (so it goes to your profile) and then right-click somewhere and click on "Copy Page URL" and paste that in here.

Senior Admin
44798 Points

USA US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:45 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Coming this Friday, no more games crashing becuase of xfire in game trying to be useful!

I don't think Evolve tracks what server you're playing on either. And it's only for windows.

Retired
Retired
36440 Points

Puertorico US Florida
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:47 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Haha yeah, good point. I'm sure some people won't uninstall it though so it'll still crash for them.

Oh, are you the linux evangelist now too? Razz

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic