Discord
Arrow IoW Discord Server

Server Monitor

Searching

Advanced Search

Style Select
Script by webmedic, v1.0.5

security

phpBB Security ©  Has Blocked 2,348 Exploit Attempts.

<IoW> Doc Race (BETA 3)

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun May 10, 2015 5:42 pm   Post subject:  <IoW> Doc Race (BETA 3) Back to top 

Beta 3 is done and should be back up this week. I had it up briefly on Saturday, but JayD and some others found a problem with one of the new things I put in. Easy fix, but did you guys notice anything else in your brief time on it?

Also - please delete the b3 file from your etmain, those of you who have it. I think it was JayD, Allagor, QT and Kroc. I'm going to fix it and keep it as b3, it's a big pain to change the map name at this point. I'm not sure what will happen if you have a different version locally than the server has. Might be okay, but could cause looping downloads or kick or something when the map starts. IDK...

If not, I'll make that fix and get it back up soon.

New stuff:
+ There are now more visible instructions within the map. There are more signs that show documents and an arrow for where to find them. Also, there are new objective boards inside the spawns, at the docs and at the CP that show what each team needs to do (bring 6 docs to their drop) and it updates as docs are captured, so hopefully it will be more clear to people. If not, oh well it is what it is.

+ There are now three murder holes on the roof of the door controls. You have to go the long way still to get on top, but it might make it harder to camp that room.

+ A few new rocks and things for hiding behind in the road area.

+ Fixes to some brushes that didn't stop player movement.

+ Officially set spawntimes at 20 for both teams. Although this is accelerated to 12 with low player numbers on our server.

+ Clip brushes around all high mountains. Hopefully there shouldn't be a way to get up there, by either admin command or engine glitches Wink

+ Fixed a brush that left a crack in the small upper room.

+ Extended the support brushs by axis cave spawn door so you can jump on top of it. Consistent with the allied side.

+ Added more screen notifications for events: 1. When controls are built or destroyed. 2. When the door is open or closed. Colors are team coordinated, so red always means something good for axis. Blue means something good for allies.

+ ...more stuff I don't remember it all Wink

Once the map is up, please use this thread for any feedback. Thanks!

Senior Admin
Senior Admin
44798 Points

USA US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun May 10, 2015 6:04 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Already got rid of b3 when you fist took it off to fix.

Noticed the clip brush right away while in spectator. Checked to make sure mortar still works, & it does, so I'm happy there.

Those dynamic obj pictures on the wall, !play boner

Admin
Admin
30729 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun May 10, 2015 6:32 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I cleared out all my IOW Doc Race files.

Download Post  No rating  
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun May 10, 2015 7:34 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

cool. Any other issues you saw? If not I'll try and have the new version on tomorrow.

Senior Admin
Senior Admin
44798 Points

USA US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun May 10, 2015 7:42 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I didn't see anything else problematic

General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon May 11, 2015 4:13 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

B3 is back up. Let me know how things look. I probably won't be able to play much again this week, so I won't be around when you try it out.

Again - if you have the bad B3, delete it first. Thanks.

Admin
Admin
87019 Points

USA US Michigan
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon May 11, 2015 6:07 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

you said that last week beck, and then you played every day of the week it seemed like.

Retired
36440 Points

Puertorico US Florida
Yellow Cards: 1
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon May 11, 2015 6:43 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

We honestly didn't get to play with it for that long. As soon as allagor noticed that issue I messaged you on Facebook to avoid anyone else getting this version of the map. Soon after that my internet started acting up again so I rage quit lol

lol @ 'murder holes'

General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon May 11, 2015 7:19 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Yeah, working on a side project (I make iOS apps) and got it done quicker than I thought. Same thing this week.

Retired
Retired
36440 Points

Puertorico US Florida
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon May 11, 2015 8:38 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Found a glitch. On the Allied control room ONLY, the team door disappears:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH77dXTeB_M

BTW nice touch punching holes in the fence surrounding that giant block of electronics in the CP room. That's super interesting.

Also the murder holes are adding some very interesting dynamics. Grenading out, satcheling in, mortaring in, etc.

_________________EDIT_________________
Here's a missing texture. It's the same on both bases:
http://i.imgur.com/Eu5CsVi.png

Here's some caulk on top of the Axis control room:
http://i.imgur.com/kVQKYN7.png

Here's a strange union between two textures on top of that same control room:
http://i.imgur.com/FbY6w5r.png

It also looks like you didn't push the vent texture into the mountain enough. There's a hole and you can see inside the vent. Check it out:
http://i.imgur.com/rTkm1dR.png (You can also see the caulk running along the roof texture here as well, but barely)

Video of the vent issue:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZRIqZdg16A

FYI all of these issues are only present in the Axis drop point and control room. I walked over to the Axis base and everything looks fine with the Allied drop point and control room.

General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri May 15, 2015 9:28 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

I still haven't played this map on the server yet Sad

Maybe tonight?

Thanks for the pics. TBH, I'm so tired of working on this map I don't know if I'm going to fix those.

@allagor
glitch still work?

Senior Admin
Senior Admin
44798 Points

USA US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri May 15, 2015 12:06 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

145mph mountain top glitch? I can still launch myself from the spot, but not to anywhere useful Yet.

General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri May 15, 2015 1:10 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

yeah I didn't fix the glitch. Just put clip brushes all over the mountain tops.

Retired
Retired
36440 Points

Puertorico US Florida
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon May 18, 2015 8:24 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

BECK wrote (View Post): › Thanks for the pics. TBH, I'm so tired of working on this map I don't know if I'm going to fix those.

Fair enough. The only one I think is a glaring issue is the missing texture railing on the bases. Other than that..meh.

General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue May 19, 2015 8:10 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Well, its probably that the brush is a few pixels shorter than the rest. The texture isn't missing, its just getting cropped.

But --- we'll let the map ride for a bit, get more feedback and probably I'll release the 'final' version. I'll fix these things in that case.

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic