Discord
Arrow IoW Discord Server

Server Monitor

Searching

Advanced Search

Style Select
Script by webmedic, v1.0.5

security

phpBB Security ©  Has Blocked 2,349 Exploit Attempts.

IoW's First Custom Map: <IoW> Doc Race hits OPEN BETA

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:16 am   Post subject: Note IoW's First Custom Map: <IoW> Doc Race hits OPEN BETA Back to top 

I think its time to bring BETA2 to the server tonight for public consumption. I think I've fixed all the issues from the last clan-only testing, so lets just bring it out in prime-time and see what happens.

Provide any feedback - positive or negative here in this thread and I can make any adjustments before releasing the FINAL version of the map later.

IMPORTANT:
Anyone with the ALPHA or BETA1 versions, please delete them from your etmain folder prior to joining. No reason to have crappy broken versions around Smile

Retired
Retired
36465 Points

Puertorico US Florida
Yellow Cards: 1
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:27 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Fuck. Yes. I'm so flaccid right now.

Admin
38083 Points

France US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:41 pm   Post subject:  Re: IoW's First Custom Map: <IoW> Doc Race hits OPEN Back to top 

my

body

is

ready

Senior Admin
Senior Admin
44798 Points

USA US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:55 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

It'll be interesting to see how the map plays with more people.

General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:44 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

I think it went over pretty well. Of course I've got a big list of things to fix, but that is the nature of the beast I guess.

Does anyone feel that the spawn times (accelerated as they are on our server anyway) need to be bumped up a bit? I think they're okay, but some people thought 10 seconds (which is 6 seconds with less than 10 players).

Retired
Retired
26782 Points

USA US Arizona
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:46 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

We played it once more last night too after you left. 3v3 Smile

Download Post  No rating  
mayol
IoW Regular
6971 Points

Ukraine
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:24 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Pics or the map does not exist!

(I would like to see some screenshots)

Download Post  No rating  
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:19 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Hey ex! Will do...

Retired
Retired
26782 Points

USA US Arizona
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:51 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

It was really enjoyable.. Maybe it was because Sin was on my team killing everyone for me Smile

Download Post  No rating  
Jayd
Retired
Retired
36465 Points

Puertorico US Florida
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:22 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Haha yeah. That last play-through was insanity. He had like 80 kills on a Garand.

Admin
87019 Points

USA US Michigan
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:46 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Becks map is going to have some huge frag numbers in its future. The controls is such a contested spot for the entire map. I haven't played anything but engy with a rifle on that map, and Im scared of what would happen if I did. Imagine raider playing that map as a medic, could be brutal.

PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:27 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

I had a pretty good buzz going the first time I saw this map played while the server was populated. I was going to join in but when I saw how fast paced the game was I figured that I would sit it out until I've had a chance to play the map while I am sober. Holy crap that was a lot of action.

Download Post  No rating  
Sir Sux-A-Lot
Admin
Admin
38083 Points

France US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:27 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

maybe the controls room could have a few small windows on both sides so that you can take a peek before entering and toss a few nades before you rush in. That could help making it a little harder to camp (not by much, just a little. maybe)

General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:37 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

I thought of that Sir. I also thought of the windows for neutralizing trip mines (very prevalent there). But I kind of thought that the trade-off for that door being so close to the spawn was that there was some risk going in there. If you can spawn and jump down the hill and be at the controls in a few seconds, you kind of have to expect to be ambushed going in.

If you take the time to run through the caves to get there, its easier to get in, you can at least potentially see the enemy in there, bounce some rnades off walls, toss in some nades and have a good chance of clearing things out.

Maybe we could add a third way to get in. A ladder by the team door (close to the spawn) that puts you on the roof and have another hole in the roof to be able to drop nades in? What do you think?

@Sin
The fact that you found your "calling" so-to-speak as a control person is actually perfect. This map requires teamwork to be successful. Yes, someone can be engie, grab the docs and run and build, open the door, then run around and do the drop --- but it's NOT easy. I think you'd all agree to that. Hell, even getting the docs and running them straight to an open door is challenging (which is PERFECT IMO). So if that means that people dedicate their map to controls, while other dedicate their map to running objectives, then I think the map is working as designed. If there are huge frag numbers, then at least someone is having fun Smile I know on Friday, those larger games we had it was an absolute thrill running a doc under the enemy base and hoping to make it into the open door without getting backraged from above. A lot of fun IMO.

I even spent part of the map playing pure door defense. Sitting on that MG that covers the road - it is RIPE for killing unsuspected people trying to run the docs under the base. If they make it through, drop through the two holes in the floor and you are there for close-quarters battles!

Think about every map in ET. We all have our favorite things to do on those maps. For me, I have specific classes that I choose to play (assuming my team isn't saturated with them) depending on what team I'm on. For example, Axis on Frostbite I will almost always be a Medic. Allies on Goldrush I will almost always be an engineer. The point being - You get good at doing specific jobs on maps you've played 1000 times. I think the same is true here, it should appeal to all types of players: The people who love playing defense. The people who love playing covie and blowing stuff up. The people who love running objectives. The people who like to frag and put up big numbers.

Anyway, I'm rambling now. Thanks everyone for your feedback. Please keep it coming! I want this map to be good, and I want people to like to play it. SO whatever changes I can make that don't crush the spirit of the map but make it more balanced and fun is a GOOD THING! Smile

Last edited by BECK on Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total

Retired
Retired
36465 Points

Puertorico US Florida
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:39 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

I think Sir meant the opposite. Like have little windows on both sides of the doorway when you're coming in from the caves so that the people that might be camping there (that possibly came from their spawn by going down the hill) can be spotted and dealt with more easily. Because right now that's what happens. Someone like Sin will just camp in there and own everyone that tries to come in.

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic