Discord
Arrow IoW Discord Server

Server Monitor

Searching

Advanced Search

Style Select
Script by webmedic, v1.0.5

security

phpBB Security ©  Has Blocked 2,350 Exploit Attempts.

Guardians of the Galaxy

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:05 pm   Post subject:  Guardians of the Galaxy Back to top 

Only two words needed for this review: Fucking Awesome!

Admin
Admin
87019 Points

USA US Michigan
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:53 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Yea ive been telling the nerds on TS that its awesome, but I don't think any of them are going to see it still.

Admin
38083 Points

France US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:28 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

but if they're nerds, they probably know it's awesome already

Senior Admin
Senior Admin
44798 Points

USA US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:22 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Pay to see a movie in theater? Pass.

I'll probably watch it at some point.

Noob
2198 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:37 pm   Post subject:  Re: Guardians of the Galaxy Back to top 

I usually don't go to the movies. But to make my son happy I said lets go. Our choices were Guardians or Planet of the Apes. I am so glad I chose this. And I am someone who is not easily amused. Its not just a sci-fi movie. It has heart and even more comedy and hit songs from the 70's that you would think would never be in a sci-fi movie but it works perfectly and without giving anything away the music is there for a reason. And the lead character is my age so I really identify with this movie. You should see it now while you can in IMAX and 3D.

Can't wait for part 2 hope it is just as good.

Admin
Admin
87019 Points

USA US Michigan
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:46 pm   Post subject:  Re: Guardians of the Galaxy Back to top 

Here's a trailer because im sure that most of the nerds here don't even watch TV or anything to ever see it:

1877 Points

Canada
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:39 pm   Post subject:  Re: Guardians of the Galaxy Back to top 

FINE. I'll go see it.

I saw a blip of this a while ago and wasn't really interested but alot of people have been talking about how good this is and after just watching that trailer im pretty stoked on it. Also Chris Pratt is hilarious.

Download Post  No rating  
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:40 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Well said order.

Yes, the movie has a lot of really funny parts, just really great subtle humor even at the most surprising of times. The characters were real and relatable. I loved the humanoid Peter Quill a.k.a. "Star Lord" (see Sir's avatar Laughing), the guy is right up there next to Han Solo as an all-time galactic bad-asses! I saw it in 3D, the effects were fantastic (and I'm not huge on over the top CG, but this was a good balance). It was believable, well crafted and didn't distract from the movie too much. The make-up and practical effects were also really well done with the non-CG stuff. But even Rocket (the raccoon guy) who was 100% CG, it looked really really good and realistic. The movie has heart, great music, really awesome fight sequences and weaponry, great ships and a pretty good overall storyline that fits in with the rest of the Marvel movies (especially Avengers). I appreciated this one so much more because I tend to like space sci-fi stuff more than guys with capes and tights. I'll be honest: I can't remember the last time I saw a movie this good. I mean this movie (for me) was perfect. I have no complaints, and as Order said I will be eagerly anticipating the sequel!

Admin
Admin
87019 Points

USA US Michigan
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:19 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

BECK wrote (View Post): › Well said order.

Yes, the movie has a lot of really funny parts, just really great subtle humor even at the most surprising of times. The characters were real and relatable. I loved the humanoid Peter Quill a.k.a. "Star Lord" (see Sir's avatar Laughing), the guy is right up there next to Han Solo as an all-time galactic bad-asses! I saw it in 3D, the effects were fantastic (and I'm not huge on over the top CG, but this was a good balance). It was believable, well crafted and didn't distract from the movie too much. The make-up and practical effects were also really well done with the non-CG stuff. But even Rocket (the raccoon guy) who was 100% CG, it looked really really good and realistic. The movie has heart, great music, really awesome fight sequences and weaponry, great ships and a pretty good overall storyline that fits in with the rest of the Marvel movies (especially Avengers). I appreciated this one so much more because I tend to like space sci-fi stuff more than guys with capes and tights. I'll be honest: I can't remember the last time I saw a movie this good. I mean this movie (for me) was perfect. I have no complaints, and as Order said I will be eagerly anticipating the sequel!
I think the sequel will be really good too. It may very well be the next epic series many of us have been waiting for. Only those who have seen the movie open the spoiler.
Spoilers: 
Since Thanos was in it, but really not that big of a character, he HAS to be the bad guy in the next. But I feel he is way too powerful of an enemy for the Guardians alone. I don't know if you guys read many comics, but Thanos is the wielder of the Infinity Gauntlet, which is what the Infinity stones go to, of which Thanos already has many. He destroyed half the universe with a snap of his fingers, killed Galactus and 2 Celestials. I actually think they might do a tie-in with the Avengers or the Fantastic Four for the sequel to help fight him. What do you guys think?

Brigadier General
15913 Points

USA US Virginia
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:20 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

The movie was pretty sweet. I saw it at a drive in w/ my boyfriend Smile

Retired
Retired
31257 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:45 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

The movie was awesome and very well done.

Retired
36465 Points

Puertorico US Florida
Yellow Cards: 1
Yellow Cards: 1
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:05 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Yeah the movie is pretty great. I saw it last Sunday in IMAX 3D and then I saw it again tonight in regular boring 2D. Enjoyed it both times. The music is just great.

And Sin, I think maybe Avengers 3 will be a Avengers/Guardians crossover where they fight Infinity Gauntlet-wielding Thanos.

Admin
87019 Points

USA US Michigan
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:46 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Jayd wrote (View Post): › Yeah the movie is pretty great. I saw it last Sunday in IMAX 3D and then I saw it again tonight in regular boring 2D. Enjoyed it both times. The music is just great.

And Sin, I think maybe Avengers 3 will be a Avengers/Guardians crossover where they fight Infinity Gauntlet-wielding Thanos.
I don't think they will for Avengers 3, it would reduce the screentime too much for their already super popular actors. I think they might introduce some other Marvel character that haven't been introduced. It would have to be Doctor Strange or maybe Silver Surfer. They need someone powerful, unless they totally just dumb down Thanos, he's just way too strong, even for the Avengers.

Admin
38083 Points

France US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:03 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Silver Surfer will never appear in any Marvel/Disney movie since Fox has the right of it. Remember these shitty Fantastic 4 movies?

Back to GotG which I haven't seen yet. I wonder how Yondu/Rooker is introduced in it. He's supposed to be an OG GotG. Also is Gamora presented as Thanos adopted daughter in the movie?

Finally there shouldn't be an Infinity Gauntlet story arc without Adam Warlock. But since they're doing an Ultron story with Pym, who knows...

General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:22 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Yes Gamora is indeed presented as adopted daughter.

Yondu is O-G indeed, but...

Spoilers: 

It seems the story starts with Quill retrieving the "orb" for him, but Quill ends up screwing him over and attempting to sell it himself (that's how he's introduced).
The GotG work with him a bit later (mutual benefit), but end up screwing him over in the end, so he's pretty pissed off at them I'm sure. He (and his minions) help them fight off Ronin at the end, under the guise that he'll get the stone when it is done. Of course he doesn't, but he does use his super cool arrow thingie to kill a shit ton of foot soldier baddies in a matter of a few seconds.

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic