Discord
Arrow IoW Discord Server

Server Monitor

Searching

Advanced Search

Style Select
Script by webmedic, v1.0.5

security

phpBB Security ©  Has Blocked 2,349 Exploit Attempts.

bunker vs IOW community gathering.

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
neurosis
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:42 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

We are trying to decide what would be a good day of the week to hold this. Your opinion?

I dont want to set a date quite yet.. Baby steps. Once we settle on a day that works for the largest group we can discuss more details.

I am worried about your server being flooded with bunker members. The last time we had one of these things over 20 bunker members showed up. And that didnt include any of the euro's. Some of the euro's seem to be interested this time.

The only thing that might be the calming of the storm will be you guys hosting it (how comfortable some of them will be coming to a different server and mod). I am hoping to get more feedback from our players by this weekend.

Download Post  No rating  
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:02 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

we only have 18 public slots, so that would be bad Laughing

Admin
Admin
38083 Points

France US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:14 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

So what day would work best? I hope you're planning on making it a friday night so I can join Very Happy

General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:41 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Is friday the only night you can play?

Hmmm.....I'm wondering if it would be best to do this on the bunker server - just because its etpub and even we are experienced with pub. We were pub for 7 years before silEnT, so that seems reasonable. Plus, you have larger server with more slots.

WE also have configs ready at hand to do SW and things like that, so we can fire that up real quick should you want to do it on our server. Of course, then it "feels" more like a scrim.

Are you thinking doing this during the day, or night? Especially in consideration of your Euro players?

Retired
Retired
102492 Points

Estonia
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:38 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

i say lets NOT do friday

we will most likely have to host, and i an mot willng to throw away a friday night gaming for this.. they were talking saturday. that sounds fine..

Download Post  No rating  
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:23 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

^^^^ agree. Especially if it means we have to lock our server.

PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:20 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

We were talking about either Saturday or even Sunday afternoon. I would vote for Sunday if I had my way. That way people could still go out and enjoy their weekend and play on the wind down day. If everyone would rather do it on Saturday, then the majority wins. Wink

I am going to send Jec a private message on our server to see if he would be willing to host. We hosted the scrim with TJW and I believe that he still has the configs. If he agrees to host, it might not be a bad idea for one of you guys (Beck maybe?) to discuss the configs to see if they are agreeable.

remember, we are not really looking for anything too official. Just a fun day.

If Bunker ends up hosting, we are going to have a ton of extra players. We may have to lend you a few at some point or have our players take turns.

If I get the dolphin from Jec (that means no Smile ) we will move ahead with the thought of you guys hosting. If he says yes, we can discuss that idea further.

The last scrim that we had with TJW we pretty much got rolled. We went in to it with the same attitude that we have about this. We had old men and children playing. Some players that are great object oriented players but less talented. The point of bringing that up is, if you have any players of lower talent (i cant tell because im always drunk when ive played on your server so I am the one with no talent) they shouldnt be afraid to join if it ends up being hosted by bunker. There will be room for them.

As far as I know, it should be perfectly fine to have people come and spectate as well. I think that only a couple of the die hard scrimmers (Captn lmao) would have a problem with it.

Keep the thoughts coming.

Download Post  No rating  
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:48 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

We have all range of skill levels in our clan. There will be no ringers. We tend to be more objective oriented, but we don't have a lot of strats and plans and experience working as a true comp team. Its kinda fly by the seat of your pants when we scrim LOL. btw TJW kicked our asses too, if that makes you feel better Razz

The way I see it, we slot out a 4 hour block on Sunday afternoon, and people can come and go as they can. If you have gobs of players and we have 5 or 6, then I guess we'd have to take a few of yours. I would hope not, I would hope that every single IoW member can find a way to play that day even for 30 minutes. I understand people have lives, but with enough planning you can convince the ol'lady to let you game for an hour Razz ?

As to configs -- we don't really limit anything - we allow panzer, mines, arty, adren everything. If this is "for fun" then I don't see a reason to get stuffy about what weapons are allowed. I never understood that anyway - why etpro and comp snubs their nose at panzer. No one likes getting panzered, but if your team has a good panzer player, then by all means roll with it! The same with arty - if a blanket of constant arty helps you win the map, too bad for the enemy who has to die. I guess I don't see a reason to limit stuff, use whatever weapons or tactics at your disposal to win. Of course, this does NOT include hacks, but that goes without saying Wink

So - if anything we'd be a bit more irritated if we had to start turning off weapons.

One thing we can do --- if we host it is backup our current XP save database and then restart everyone at 0. That might be one thing that is of reasonable expectation.

I say we don't do SW config, because then it becomes more of a scrim. We keep it easy and light, we do regular map voting and will swap teams frequently so no one has to be stuck attacking or defending the entire time.

Otherwise - lets just have fun. You have your team, we have ours. No stuffy rules about weapons, no strange maps no one has played, leave it open for anyone of our clan (must be an IoW member) and anyone from your community to drop in, join a team and play. Then if someone has to leave, no biggie we just drop in another player.

...so, just thinking out loud and typing as I think lol...

Retired
Retired
102492 Points

Estonia
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:18 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

that sounds fucking perfect beck! can i copy and paste it as a quot from you to their topic on bunker?

Download Post  No rating  
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:26 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

lol, its kind of a rambling set of thoughts, but go ahead Very Happy

Senior Admin
Senior Admin
104308 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:06 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Rambling set of thoughts that says it perfectly like pump said.

Sunday will work for me. Since I got promoted at work, I can write my own schedule lol

PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:45 pm   Post subject:  Re: bunker vs IOW community gathering. Back to top 

copying my own response to the bunker forum

Yes, I really like what beck has said as well.

Quote: › Getting together like this to cut the teeth so to speak is a great idea.

Jec says that he is busy these days so it looks like we will be playing on IOW. Much appreciated for offering the server!

Is everyone cool with playing on a Sunday vs Saturday?

As far as I am concerned, I am all in. This sounds beautiful.

This all sounds good to me so far.

Download Post  No rating  
PumpkiN
Retired
Retired
102492 Points

Estonia
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri May 03, 2013 10:31 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

so should we set a week?

i think it's pretty clear that the day is sunday. but what week?

posted this on bunker forums:

Quote: ›
it seems as if sunday will be the day of choice.

the time and date need to still be set, we have not talked about a date or time whatsoever yet. My personal idea is that we should start this early, like 8pm eastern time early. Our member base is spread out across the country so we have folks in all time zones. If we start early, we can guarantee that everyone gets to play at least a few games.

in our experience, the start time of a game is usually a good hour after it has been scheduled for, and we should take this into count i dont want to end up in a situation where we start gaming at 12am eastern time and all the folks on the east cost are forced to either go to work tired on monday or just not play.

neuro threw out May 19th as a date.

Download Post  No rating  
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri May 03, 2013 11:01 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

That sounds like a perfect day for me. It gives us a couple weeks to plan Very Happy

PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri May 03, 2013 11:05 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Yes, May 19th, 12:00 pacific time.

the time will be as important as the date (euro's).

I am sure that they would like to play earlier but I also want to make sure that we dont make it so early that people are not awake and ready to play.

So, as of now, May 19th, 12:00 pacific time. Still negotiable. Wink

Download Post  No rating  

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic