Discord
Arrow IoW Discord Server

Server Monitor

Searching

Advanced Search

Style Select
Script by webmedic, v1.0.5

security

phpBB Security ©  Has Blocked 2,348 Exploit Attempts.

Dirty Bomb

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
allagor
Senior Admin
Senior Admin
44798 Points

USA US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:01 am   Post subject:  Dirty Bomb Back to top 

Splash Damage is working on a new FPS.
Has 5 classes: Recon, Engineer, Fire Support, Medic, and Assault
I've seen a slowly moving vehicle with a mounted weapon on it, and vehicle barriers engineers have to construct/plant c4 at.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYvMOpV2Rjs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd4Hjoi2FQ0

I'll be keeping an eye on this game, looks like it could be fun

General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:14 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Good post, looks cool - hopefully this may capture the essence of what ET is. Although some of the maps are too detailed IMO, hard to see enemies sometimes.

Admin
Admin
38083 Points

France US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:28 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

it will free to play too

obviously SD is moving on after Brink (with W:ET, another license they don't own but in that case it's probably a good thing)

I'm curious to see if they also learned anything in the process...

Retired
Retired
102492 Points

Estonia
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:51 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

free to play nowadays means that you can run around and use a knife. if you want to actually be on the same level as most of the competition, pay pay pay pay pay out the ass for that golden bullet that does 50% more damage...

fuck free to play...

Download Post  No rating  
Venom
Senior Admin
Senior Admin
104308 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:09 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

looks too busy......

wolf et 4 lyfe

Admin
87019 Points

USA US Michigan
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:18 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Agreed. Splash damage is a pretty garbage company now and should be avoided like the plague after QW and Brink.

PASS

General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:20 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Venom wrote (View Post): ›
wolf et 4 lyfe

This is perfect for me! I'm not faulting anyone for finding new games, but I'm not tired of ET yet and hope that I never am Thumbs Up

Brigadier General
Brigadier General
17505 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:25 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

This looks like SD's last push into making a real game.

You have to pay a shitton of money to get into alpha, so I think that is how they are recouping development costs...F2P may not be as skewed with pay content.

Holding my breath. Pissing on Allagor, as I showed this to him.

Side note: is the support class the black guy...again?

Download Post  No rating  
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:54 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I'm impressed that they say "developers who brought you Enemy Territory" and seem to be making an effort to bring the feel of ET there. They showed engineers attempting to blow up structures, and a medic reviving a guy and giving packs. That was nice to see --- although I'm by no means a FPS fanboy, so I don't really know much about COD and all its various incarnations and where it has gone with obj and team-based play. I tried BF3 online and got raped and didn't enjoy it too much.

My problem is this just looks too chaotic. In their attempt to excite people with all the "ACTION" and the "OMG I'm GETTING SHOT AT FROM 3 SIDES I BETTER TAKE COVER!!" bullshit, it just overwhelms the game and makes me not want to try it TBH.

And this stupid "red arc" icon that shows where you're getting shot from -- why did shooters start doing this? This is a bitch move and takes away a players ability to remain hidden if there is a damn arrow showing where he is, right? I mean, I guess hacker guys with wallhacks and aimbots appreciate this shit, since they can't play for shit without their software, but us legit players don't need red arrows helping us know where to shoot.

Also - am I the only one who is sick of modern day/futuristic shooters? I love WWII theater, I love the history and the weapons and it appeals to me more than modern day stuff. But I know WWII has been beaten to death too, so there are probably plenty of people who would groan with discontent if "another WWII" shooter came out. So damned if you do, damned if you don't.

@V2
LOL, didn't notice that but that is funny if so.

Admin
Admin
38083 Points

France US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:40 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

SD knows that there is still a fair number of people who are waiting for a true successor to W:ET and so they're counting on that.
They would have done that with Brink already if it had not been in Bethesda's hands the whole time.

Again, an objective-based game with classes is always a good idea but it's the shooting mechanisms and the overall speed that will win or lose ETPlayers. It will need hipfire (no ironsight) and a rather low rate of fire as well if it wants to compete. this is something that was completely broken in Brink and why the game was dead after 6 months

Retired
Retired
52130 Points

USA US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:40 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

As someone who has played literally months in each type of game(maybe years in ET,if you add it up) Each is good in their own right. I miss the family feel of ET,as well as the specific job you have to do to win a map. As far as COD BO2(which is what i'm playing now) It's also a decent game. I don't play Team Deathmatch,since I just hate the idea of a killfest. I still have the objective mentality, so I play Domination.which just means capture flags and defend them as best as you can. I like the scorestreak factor where you can call in choppers,get a sentry gun,or even a remote control mini chopper flying around and shooting people.

Both games can't be compared tho,they are totally different beings. This game(Dirty Bomb) does look a little too chaotic tho. Just like Killzone 3,they had classes in that as well,along with great graphics but too much shit going on.I wouldn't be opposed to trying this game out,that is if my comp can handle it. I haven't upgraded it in at least 2-3 years.

Retired
52 Points

United Kingdom UK England
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:44 pm   Post subject:  Re: Dirty Bomb Back to top 

I don't think this is a successor to ET but it may well be close. I'll be giving this most of my gaming time, as ET is nearly dead in Europe

Stevo you live?

Download Post  No rating  
StEVoNuB420
Retired
Retired
52130 Points

USA US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:33 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

No,my ghost loves to post on the IoW forums.

P.S. Stop playing with yourself!!

General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:51 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

haha - we have lots of ghosts in our house.

I know this because when weird stuff happens ---- messes get made, toilets don't get flushed, last nights dinner is on the floor under the table.........none of my kids admit to doing it. "It wasn't me" they all say.

Oh, I guess it was the Toilet Ghost who likes to take nasty craps and then not flush....Okay, that's probably it.

So yeah, lots of ghosts in my house.

Oh the joys of parenting Smile

Retired
Retired
52 Points

United Kingdom UK England
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:09 pm   Post subject:  Re: Dirty Bomb Back to top 

Unfortunately the days of playing with myself are over, lost both my hands in a accident you should be happy i typed this with dick.
like you beck i also pebble dash toilet it comes with age. ��

Download Post  No rating  

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic